Maps Rural Buses of Keswick (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to my first map, Called The rural buses of Keswick. This map will mainly focus on routes 77/77A. 

Ive chosen to make this map in there isn't a Omsi 2 map in Cumbria. On this map there will be 5 Routes. These are, 

77- Keswick bus station to Keswick bus station via Buttermere

77A- Keswick bus station to Keswick bus station via Buttermere (anticlockwise)

78- Keswick bus station to Seatoller

86- Keswick bus station to Portinscale (1 Service a day!)

555- Keswick bus station - Grasmere (Over temporary road)

Buses with this route:

All of these buses are operated by stagecoach, I might make these buses in the stagecoach cumbria 'Green' Livery, It kind of looks

like the hybrid livery.

ALX 400

Optare solo.

As this is my first map so I might take some time. I might need some help too. Also, feel free to give me constructive criticism.

(Ill upload screenshots when I feel enough has been developed!)

Reactions: henryhoward14

Toucan

Hmmm
Mar 28, 2016
Good Luck to you :)  In my opinion I would use the Optare Solo,Gemini 2 and Enviro 400 as AI because I think the ALX400 is a bit on the bad side. Also I have Hybrid Liveries for them so if you want to edit them just tell me if you want to use them :)  

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Good Luck to you :)  In my opinion I would use the Optare Solo,Gemini 2 and Enviro 400 as AI because I think the ALX400 is a bit on the bad side. Also I have Hybrid Liveries for them so if you want to edit them just tell me if you want to use them :)  

Optare Solo is illegal too, unless there is one not made by Chris Samuls

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, seen as my project is on hold indefinitely, I could support you in this :D

Let me offer some advice.

1) don't be so ambitious. I'd probably focus on one initial route, for example the 78.

2) Use the fleetline and m709d for AI

3) widen the road through Rosthwaite for AI, but keep the other roads single track (you'll have to develop a spline for that which is the tracks overlapping, so you should set no unscheduled traffic)

4) I'm likely to be very finicky and picky about this as it's an area I know very very well

5) If you need any development help then let me know, I also have a partially finished bus station (never got very far with it mind)

Are you from this area aswell? @joe_alker

Also, Ill have to use single deckers for the 77/77A routes as they have low trees and narrow roads, and it is what they use in real life. For the 78 and the 86 I was thinking about using the Gemini 2 open top? And for the 555 I was thinking about using the enviro 200.

Can i post a link to the cumbria route map?

Last edited by a moderator:

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
@OliTheBus I'm not from the area but I holiday there every year.

Here's what I recommend for bus allocations. If you don't want to stick to M709D for the 77/77A and Fleetlines for everything else, here's what I recommend.

77/77A - You can't really use anything except the Mercedes 709D due to the fact that nothing bigger than a Solo can get up Honister Pass, and we don't have a legal Solo. The Enviro200 is pushing it massively and it doesn't work properly as AI anyway, neither do any of GX7767's creations so bear this in mind.

78 - You could use the Gemini 2 open top for this, alternatively the Fleetline is a good fit

86 - This interwork's with the 554 so a double decker of some sort like winsomes enviro

555 - winsomes enviro or the fleetline

yes you can post the route map here.

I would focus entirely on the 78 for now while you learn the ropes, and not bother with the diverted 555 as this is temporary.

please use the edit button next time instead of double/triple posting

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread