Route 66 Musical Road!

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
How cool is this! They've used the rumble strip to make a tune when you drive along it - not sure how that works for road safety when people are moving closer to the edge to listen to it but hey, it's cool!

Wonder if this will be on American Truck Sim when they eventually cover this stretch of road ;)

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I'm sure all the vibrations do wonders for suspension and tires. I hate rumble strips that go up to roundabouts and junctions. Sometimes they're like mini speedbumps. *bang* *BANG* *BANG* *BABABABABANG* like "I can see the roundabout. Go away."

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I'm sure all the vibrations do wonders for suspension and tires
I suspect it's a tourist attraction more than anything else so the damage would be done to rental cars, and well, it's a rental car, so who cares? People who live locally probably did it once and that's it :p

*bang* *BANG* *BANG* *BABABABABANG*
*cough* 318i *cough*

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
*cough* 318i *cough*
That was the engine, different! :P

Road bumps are louder in the 320 if anything because the suspension is harder. Oh well, not like I'm going to be getting coilovers or anything so it'll be even tougher. XD

Reactions: Max

Empire KickAss

Nov 28, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
You do get them around the world, Just not down the road from me :P

TopGear did it before they changed faces into black and Gray

John Necir Rebellion

Jun 9, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
so if the route 66 have road reworks or have damage it by running over and over again then it would change the sound of the strips....

StevenVM

Dec 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
That is really neat and all but that has to be a safety concern o_O

bagnome

Jun 29, 2014
I don't think it's a safety concern at all. It's not like you're hugging the white line, and there is plenty of shoulder.