Scenery Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack 2 (1 Viewer)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a pack of British Road Markings, Road Signs and Roadside Clutter made by me, Road-hog123.
Click here to download this file

Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack 2.4c

Notes:

• This pack has been made for OMSI 2 and WILL NOT WORK with OMSI 1 (it uses splines with transparency, a feature implemented in OMSI 2)
  • I cannot be held personally responsible if the installation of this pack directly or indirectly results in the breaking of your OMSI installation, installed map(s) or loss of data.
  • All signs and road markings contained within this pack are made to conform as closely as possible to the DfT standards.
  • All road marking splines include usage guidelines at the top of the file to advise on how to use them.

Known Bugs:
Click here to read more and download...

Last edited:
Reactions: RS1995

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
(Moving to the new forum software had removed this post, so here it is again. :) )
In order to make the traffic lights more useful they are controlled by custom scripts. This means you will have to adjust the traffic light phases on the junctions to utilise some of the possible aspects:
0 = Normal Red
1 = Red with Green Filter (filtering traffic will need a separate traffic light phase (which does not need traffic light objects attached to it) in order to function correctly)
3 = Normal Red + Yellow
4 = Red + Yellow with Green Filter
6 = Normal Green
7 = Green with Green Filter
8 = Flashing Yellow for Pelican Crossings
9 = Normal Yellow
12 = Off​

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
In addition to my previous post, I realise now that I haven't actually documented another couple of the features of this pack... So:
Ever wanted to display something other than whole-mile distance values on signs? Well on signs that use Transport Heavy (i.e. with black text) you can!
Code:
# = 1/2 mile
[ = 1/4 mile
] = 3/4 mile
{ = 1/3 mile
} = 2/3 mile
Perhaps instead you want to have some fine control over the alignment or spacing of text? That's possible to a limited extent too with white-space characters!
Code:
  = normal space (1.0)
| = medium space (0.6)
¦ = thin space (0.4)
Finally on signs with feet and inches, a measurement like 6′-6″ is 4 symbols - the prime and hyphen (′-) are combined into a single symbol that's assigned to the backtick (`) character.

I imagine most people know this already, but all of the signs and poles should have appropriate attachment points. What this means is that if you place down a pole, then the top sign, then a lower sign, you can attach the top sign to the pole and the bottom sign to the top sign and they'll be automatically aligned correctly without you having to carefully position them and, by selecting and moving the pole, they'll all move together. Note the order I describe placing them however: if you attempt to make a more recently placed object the "parent" of an older "child" object, it won't work (it'll refuse to attach).
Things I can remember at the moment that have attachment points:
  • All the poles have both front and back attachment points, along with a centre top one for attaching traffic light brackets to (such that they rotate around the pole nicely).
  • All signs should have a single attachment point directly beneath them for a supplementary sign or additional sign on the same pole.
  • Traffic lights brackets have one point, except for the long ones that have 2, one for each side.
  • Traffic lights technically don't have any, but if the attachment point index on any object doesn't exist, it will default to the origin of the parent, in this case allowing the addition of supplementary signs to the lights.
  • Other things I've probably forgotten I've made...
And a final note about the belisha beacons: they are technically traffic lights. You could in fact parent them to a junction, but you'd get a strange effect. If instead you parent them to each other or themselves and they'll be parented to a source that flashes them correctly. :)

Last edited:

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Patch 2.2a

Marking splines:
- Fixed EdgeLine_Junc_200.sli not being 200mm wide
- Removed duplicate splines that didn't get removed in 2.1 as intended:
CentreLine_Warning_100.sli => CentreLine_Warn_100.sli
CentreLine_Warning_150.sli => CentreLine_Warn_150.sli
CentreLine_Warning2_100.sli => CentreLine_Warn2_100.sli
CentreLine_Warning2_150.sli => CentreLine_Warn2_150.sli
SolidLine_500.sli => ChevronLine_500.sli​
Deprecation:
- Removed content deprecated in 2.1

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@XxGamerDude90xX Both files were intentionally removed and will not be coming back as there are already identical replacements for map creators to use.
@iomex is working on a BotW version 2.8 to solve the issue for the current release of BotW. Legacy (or version 3 as it will be at release) is currently in Beta, so it'll be updated to fix the issue when it is finalised.
In the meantime, version 2.1a and 2.2 both contain the files you require and both are available through the "Version History" tab on the download page.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack is on GitHub!
Something I started a while ago, haven't really publicised or done particularly well is to push changes to a GitHub repository.
There are two things I'd like to draw your attention to:

The first is that occasionally (when I remember) I may push things that I'm working on in between releases. It's therefore possible for you get new things early, although you should be a little cautious as further changes may be made before the final release (changes of course will be noted in the commits before the release version is packaged).

The second is the issues page, where you can not only see the active issues I know of and am working on, but also submit your own issues if you find any.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Fix for version conflict causing texture glitches
An issue people keep seeming to run into is one where the road markings and traffic lights end up with broken texture mapping, like this:
upload_2017-6-22_23-19-49.png
upload_2017-6-22_23-20-8.png
This happens because OMSI has an addiction to DDS textures... in that if given the choice between two identically named textures, one DDS and the other not, it'll choose the DDS one even if it's been explicitly told not to. Version 2.1 saw me switch from TGA to DDS for both of these items, so the problem arises where if an older (2.0.0 to 2.0.6) version is installed over the top of a newer version (2.1 onwards) then OMSI uses the wrong texture, giving rise to the problems you see above.

To fix this, just delete the installation and reinstall the one version of the pack.
To prevent it happening, simply don't copy over the included copy of my pack when installing a map if you've already got an installation.

Reactions: ARTY 1 and BMF NJ

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@The Imaginative Lad
Patch 2.2a
{...}
- Removed duplicate splines that didn't get removed in 2.1 as intended:
CentreLine_Warning_100.sli => CentreLine_Warn_100.sli
CentreLine_Warning_150.sli => CentreLine_Warn_150.sli
CentreLine_Warning2_100.sli => CentreLine_Warn2_100.sli
CentreLine_Warning2_150.sli => CentreLine_Warn2_150.sli
SolidLine_500.sli => ChevronLine_500.sli​
Both files were intentionally removed and will not be coming back as there are already identical replacements for map creators to use.
@iomex is working on a BotW version 2.8 to solve the issue for the current release of BotW. Legacy (or version 3 as it will be at release) is currently in Beta, so it'll be updated to fix the issue when it is finalised.
In the meantime, version 2.1a and 2.2 both contain the files you require and both are available through the "Version History" tab on the download page.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Road-hog123 updated Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack with a new update entry:

Small Update 2.3

Marking splines:
  • Fixed YellowBar.sli not having a bump
Clutter:
  • Fixed lighting bug with fence splines
  • Improved single telegraph pole (new 9.5M pole model and textures)
  • Improved telegraph wire texture
  • Created 400kV electricity pylon (for distant scenery) and wires
  • Added specular to speed camera
  • Added specular and improved text mapping on bus stop flags
Deprecation:
  • Addon_British-Style_Roads to be removed in 2.4...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I realise now that I have never explained how to use the pack, especially the attachment points... so here we go:

Firstly, none of the signs or signals come with poles - this means that if you want to place them on structures, street furniture, etc. you can do that without worrying about hiding the pole.

Signs
When wanting signs on dedicated poles you must place the pole first, then place the sign. This means you can Attach to object... the sign onto the pole. The sign will align to the "front" of the pole - if the sign isn't pointing in the right direction then you can rotate the pole to get the sign to face the correct direction (rotating the sign itself may give undesirable results).

If you want to attach a second sign to the opposite side of the pole - e.g. to have speed limit signs on both sides of a pole - you can do this in the same way as mounting a sign normally, but change the AttPntNr. to 1. This attachment point places the sign on the "back" of the pole.

If you want to attach a second sign below an existing sign, you can Attach to object... the second sign to the first, this will attach the second sign below the first with a small gap. This is particularly useful for attaching supplementary plates to signs. (If you find any signs overlap when attached please let me know so I can fix it.)

Signals
Signals are much the same as signs, except that instead of attaching the signal directly to the pole, there is an intermediary bracket. The brackets should be attached to AttPntNr. 2 - they are modelled differently to the signs, such that they can be rotated freely around the poles so that you can attach multiple brackets to the same pole, pointing in different directions. You can also rotate the signals a little on the brackets, which can be useful in some situations.

In most situations the standard bracket is to be used, this has just one attachment point on the end. The medium bracket can be useful if you need to mount two traffic lights pointing in the same or similar directions to the same pole - you can rotate the traffic light on the end of the bracket to make a V with the brackets but still have both lights pointing forward, for example.
The long bracket can be useful if you need to mount a main signal on the same pole as a pedestrian and cycle light, or if space constraints mean it's not possible to locate the pole where the signal head wants to be - it has 3 attachment points for each side and the end respectively.

The supplementary signal aspects as much the same as supplementary signs - you place them after the main signal and attach them to the main signal.

The button boxes can also be attached to poles using AttPntNr. 3, this fixes the box to the correct mounting height from the bottom of the pole.

When placing a sign or signal you need to ensure that the mounting height is suitable for the location:
  • When above non-pedestrianised areas (e.g. verges) this should be between 0.9 and 1.5 metres from the road surface
  • When above pedestrianised areas (e.g. pavements) this should be at least 2.1 metres
  • When above any area a cyclist is likely to be riding, this should be at least 2.3 metres
All signs in this pack have their top edges aligned to 2.7 metres when not attached to a pole. A 3 metre pole is a pretty standard height to use for most signs and a 3.5 metre pole is standard for traffic lights. The base of the pole should be level with the surface it is planted in.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Road-hog123 updated Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack with a new update entry:

The Future of BRDP

I just posted a small WIP post in which I mention an upcoming version 2.4. I also want to address a few things regarding the continued updating and improvement of British Road Detailing Pack:

Firstly, significant parts of this pack are really quite old... the majority of the road signs in this pack are completely unchanged from when they were first made in the second half of 2014, and almost all of the temporary signs use...

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
This Pack is Amazing, Just to Improve it I have a few suggestions to add for 2.4 (These are my own ideas, Just suggestions :P)
1. The Addition to have a Arrow Box underneath the Traffic light:
1546001276691.png

2. The ability to have a Light above a sign:
1546001359064.png

3. The Covers on the amber and green Lights:
1546001425644.png

4. Bins and Postboxes:
1546001519164.png
1546001543548.png
1546001974940.png

5. These in a 3D form (dunno the name xD)
1546001607894.png

6. Bike Racks:
1546001648656.png

7. These?:
1546001694491.png

8. These types of Lights on islands:
1546001793386.png

9. UK type Bollards:
1546001821166.png
1546001875239.png

10. Parking Machines:
1546001921958.png

11. These style Advert boards:
1546002067678.png

12. Benches:
1546002354567.png

Well that's all I have now, I hope you take these into consideration :P

Reactions: BDotG

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a few suggestions for 2.4:
1. Supplementary Arrow underneath a Traffic Light
2. Sign Lighting
3. Different types of Traffic Light Blinds
4. Bins and Postboxes
5. 3D Edge Markers
6. Bike Racks
7. Bell Bollards
8. Pedestrian Refuge Lights
9. Various Bollards
10. Parking Payment Machines
11. Free-standing Advert Boards
12. Benches
Part of the reason for the BRDP3 is to enable 1-3, which either aren't possible or are awkward to implement with the current pack. 4-12 I'll get around to making eventually, most have been on my list of things to add for a while. :)

Reactions: Tom9962

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Road-hog123 updated Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack 2 with a new update entry:

Final (Version 2) Update 2.4

Clutter:
  • Fixed texture bleed bug with LED traffic light
  • Added "No Waiting" Cone
  • Added stack of road cones
  • Improved road cone texture mapping
Signs:
  • Work-around for text-overflow map-bricking bug (destination and distance fields now occupy the full width of the sign)
  • Added P620 variant "Except for access" supplementary plate
  • Added P772 "Tramcar Crossing without Barriers"
  • Added P963.3 "Tramway with traffic proceeding in both...

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread