Reviews Of Films (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love reviewing films and games, Is it the same with you?
I post my reviews at meta-critic but I thought it could be better around people of my kind of thoughts.
I would love to hear your reviews of the films you might have watched too.

Kindly share your thoughts on how this could be made better.
I will post my first review on Frozen that I watched TODAY in the next post(just to keep it clean looking)

Frozen

Scores
IMDb 8.1/10
Meta-Critic 8.2/10
Rotten Tomato 89%
ADI(mine) 9/10

Today I had a chance to watch this film, I heard my friends say "It was GREAT". I din't really trust them so I watched it my self.

PLOT
Eranel(I don't know how to spell this) is a kingdom in a snowy region. Where A king and A Queen have two daughters, the older one born with some special power and the second one as a normal kind. On voyage the King and the Queen pass away and after couple of years the Older daughter come to power. She hide her power from the world and is now at her coronation so she leave her kingdom thinking she is a threat. Her younger sister convinces her and get her back and puts her in power.

This is the story in a couple of lines.

My Thoughts.

The very first thing that caught my eyes was the level of details. I have not noticed such details of simulation even in a large budget film. The story and the screenplay were well written. It was a complex topic said in way that anyone would get it. I found the theme to be "Never be afraid of your Fears". It was a well directed Animated film.One dialogue I cannot get over is when a mother tell her some "The Queen has come up age" and the kid reply's "Mom, that's not my fault".

Useful links

Frozen Wikipedia page
Frozen IMDb page
Frozen Metacritic page

Last edited:

Advertisement

Jaanko

Co-Founder
May 24, 2009
England
Frozen

Scores
IMDb 8.1/10
Meta-Critic 8.2/10
Rotten Tomato 89%
ADI(mine) 9/10

Today I had a chance to watch this film, I heard my friends say "It was GREAT". I din't really trust them so I watched it my self.

PLOT
Eranel(I don't know how to spell this) is a kingdom in a snowy region. Where A king and A Queen have two daughters, the older one born with some special power and the second one as a normal kind. On voyage the King and the Queen pass away and after couple of years the Older daughter come to power. She hide her power from the world and is now at her coronation so she leave her kingdom thinking she is a threat. Her younger sister convinces her and get her back and puts her in power.

This is the story in a couple of lines.

My Thoughts.

The very first thing that caught my eyes was the level of details. I have not noticed such details of simulation even in a large budget film. The story and the screenplay were well written. It was a complex topic said in way that anyone would get it. I found the theme to be "Never be afraid of your Fears". It was a well directed Animated film.One dialogue I cannot get over is when a mother tell her some "The Queen has come up age" and the kid reply's "Mom, that's not my fault".

Useful links

Frozen Wikipedia page
Frozen IMDb page
Frozen Metacritic page

Pretty cool review, Everyone seems to love this film although for some reason I hated it, Maybe I need to watch it again.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Here's my review of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Score Board

IMDb 8/10
Metacritic 8.1/10
Adi(Mine) 7/10

Plot

Katniss and team returns to District 12 and is getting ready for the victory tour, and they complete the tour too. When they come back home Snow the president of Panam is not satisfied with her performance in the tour. And, surprisingly the capital decides to hold the 3rd quarter games(Quarter games are Hunger Games held every 25 years). In the other hand Katniss triggers riots all over the country. In the games most tribute try to save Katniss and get her out of the arena. Where she meets Gale and gets to know that there is no more District 12, cause it was pulled down during the riot.

My Thoughts.

First thing I noticed about this film from its previous film is that Gary Ross did not direct this film, so it's obvious that we would see lots and lots of changes. The first change was the setting, in the first film District 12 was not so modern it seemed like District 12 was only couple of wooden houses and probably the only stone building was the Cathedral, but in the second film District 12 was mostly of stone houses and buildings. The other thing I noticed but doesn't make sense is that "How is it possible for the game makers to see every little thing without a camera?".
In the book the twist in the story was smooth said but in the film it wasn't. One scene the game maker is with President Snow and the very next scene he is in the hover craft with Haymitch and people.
I give 7 because I was impressed by the graphics and the overall flow of the film, I feel this could have been better with some logic. I wish the new directer keeps the flow and consistency the same with the up coming once.
Overall it was a great entertainer and was not as gore as the previous one. I say it wasn't a waste of time and effort.

Useful links
IMDb Page
Metacritic Page
Wikipedia Page
Official Site

Man of Steel

Please think a few times before watching this film(my request)

Score Board

IMDb 7.4/10
Metacritic 55%
RottenTomato 55%
Adi(MINE) 4/10

Plot

The hero (SuperMan) is sent from his home planet to earth when he was only a month old, cause their planet was being destroyed. A general for the planet Kerpton doesn't like the baby leaving his home planet so the story goes on about how he finds earth and gets destroyed by Man of Steel

My Thoughts

Man of Steel was a great entertainer, but the logic and the common sense part of me just really didn't cope with this film logic. This is one of those films which has a solid story line but under not great direction. This Team spent so much time creating the planet Kerpton with no logic into it. If you can build hovercraft and space ship and crap I don't think any one would ever want to choose a dragonish creature, it is like a choice between the fastest car and a pony, that is just one aspect of it. The other is the dialogues they must have spent more time writing more creative once, rather than "Your are monster! I must save the Earth from you." what crap was that, so much of traditional heroish one. Lastly, he returns to work after a week or so, I mean which society would accept a Super-Man, even after he saving the globe.

Useful Links

IMDb
Metacritic
RottenTomato
Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread