An Orange Bus
- Dec 10, 2015
LAST UPDATED 2018-03-11When you make a submission to our download centre, it must first be approved by a member of staff. This ensures members can be confident that files they download will work and we as staff can be proud of the content we offer. The below requirements protect you as an author and minimise support requests.
To be approved, a file must meet all of the criteria applicable to it:
The Submitted File
- MUST be a *.zip file (compatible with Windows File Explorer), *.7z is permitted where a *.zip would be 128 MB or larger.
- MUST NOT contain any further archives within the main archive
- MUST contain a Read-Me document (see below for details) within the top two directory levels
- MUST include only content for which the uploader has permission to distribute
- MUST function fully and correctly when installed by exactly following the installation instructions, with only the listed required dependencies installed
- MUST have a logical and intuitive folder structure (starting with "OMSI 2" or any of the directories immediately within is recommended)
- MUST NOT overwrite default files or existing files from listed dependencies unless it is required
- MUST be named sensibly (i.e. not "repaint.zip" or similar)
- Any required dependencies MUST be readily available
- SHOULD contain as few unnecessary files as possible
- SHOULD contain high-quality content you can be proud of. Unless you have relevant previous experience, your very first repaint won't meet this requirement.
- MUST be a *.txt, *.pdf or *.rtf file. *.doc/*.docx is also permitted but not recommended.
- MUST contain or link to clear installation instructions
- MUST contain or link to a list of all dependencies with download links (for repaints, the original bus counts as a dependency)
- MUST state when a file will overwrite existing files (no such statement is required for the inverse)
- MUST list all authors of content in the file (may be provided in a separate credits file instead)
- MUST explain how the file may be redistributed or used (may be provided in a separate license file instead)
- There is a compliant Read-Me template at Resource - Read-Me template for repaints
- MUST list all dependencies with download links
- MUST include at least a brief description of the content of the submission
- MUST explain how the file may be redistributed and used (may be provided in the form of a License)
- MUST provide all information in English. Additional languages may be provided as supplementary translations of the main English content
- MUST show the whole of the included content, or be indicative of the content included where the former is not feasible
- MUST be in-game screenshots (screenshots of development or photos of the real thing may be included only to supplement in-game screenshots)
- MUST NOT be photos of a monitor
- MUST include the name/abbreviation of the bus/map the file is for (where applicable)
- MUST be descriptive of the content of the file
- MUST meet all the criteria of a new submission, including functioning without installing the previous version
- Single files may be uploaded without being in an archive format
- A read-me may be omitted if it is not required
- Other criteria not listed here may also not be applicable. If in doubt as to whether a criteria applies, ask for clarification.
- In some occasional circumstances, approval of a file may be reversed (e.g. if a file is approved in error).
- A file will not be approved if it is against the forum rules.
- Users breaching the forum rules or wasting moderators' time are liable to be issued warnings and/or bans.
- As per our Terms of Service, by uploading you grant a permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license for us to redistribute your submission through our service.
- When a file is not able to be approved, the moderator who denies the file will send a PM to the uploader explaining why the file was not able to be approved so that they can address the issue and try again.
- Please note that it is not possible to change the uploaded file between submission and approval, so if you need to make a change to the file it must be re-uploaded.
- Repeated non-compliant submissions, particularly of the same file when content controller feedback has not be addressed, may result in disciplinary action including suspension of submitting privileges.
- Meeting all of the criteria listed here is not a guarantee for approval, moderators may use their own discretion to decide not to approve a file.
Last edited by a moderator:
- Show all