Repetitive Buildings (1 Viewer)

What's your opinion on repetitive buildings?

• Total voters
Mar 16, 2017
Hi. Regarding my drafts of Alton Towners, I find myself needing to repeat the same buildings with the aim if keeping the area consistent, such as residential or commercial streets.

Personally, I find it annoying, but I can't find an alternative, so I'll eventually get to terms with it.

However, what is the general opinion on repetitive buildings?
Also does anyone know how to edit/create buildings?

Feel free to comment

Last edited:

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016
It depends on the feel you're trying to give to that area of the map. For example, if you're driving around a council estate, all the houses will look near identical - if you're driving through a historic village there will be some significant variation.

If it bothers you a huge amount, you could create different versions of the buildings where they have different colour doors, different roof-tiling, etc

Reactions: Callum23

Advertisement

Mar 16, 2017
It depends on the feel you're trying to give to that area of the map. For example, if you're driving around a council estate, all the houses will look near identical - if you're driving through a historic village there will be some significant variation.

If it bothers you a huge amount, you could create different versions of the buildings where they have different colour doors, different roof-tiling, etc

Good point. I know what feeling I'm trying to get, whether it be a busy high street or as you said, a council estate.

Creating different versions of buildings open another question that I'll add to the main post. Thanks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread