Repetitive Buildings

What's your opinion on repetitive buildings?

• Total voters

Troyski

Developing the Alton Towners map due this century!
Mar 16, 2017
Hi. Regarding my drafts of Alton Towners, I find myself needing to repeat the same buildings with the aim if keeping the area consistent, such as residential or commercial streets.

Personally, I find it annoying, but I can't find an alternative, so I'll eventually get to terms with it.

However, what is the general opinion on repetitive buildings?
Also does anyone know how to edit/create buildings?

Feel free to comment

Last edited:

Moskie

Jan 16, 2016
It depends on the feel you're trying to give to that area of the map. For example, if you're driving around a council estate, all the houses will look near identical - if you're driving through a historic village there will be some significant variation.

If it bothers you a huge amount, you could create different versions of the buildings where they have different colour doors, different roof-tiling, etc

Reactions: Callum23

Troyski

Developing the Alton Towners map due this century!
Mar 16, 2017
It depends on the feel you're trying to give to that area of the map. For example, if you're driving around a council estate, all the houses will look near identical - if you're driving through a historic village there will be some significant variation.

If it bothers you a huge amount, you could create different versions of the buildings where they have different colour doors, different roof-tiling, etc
Good point. I know what feeling I'm trying to get, whether it be a busy high street or as you said, a council estate.

Creating different versions of buildings open another question that I'll add to the main post. Thanks.