Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I'd like to apologise on behalf of myself and the rest of the TruckSim.org team for the recent spam posts that have been made. However, after the addition of an add-on to the forum today, it should prevent any more bots from signing up, and therefore stop any more of these posts :)

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
Finally the problem is solved. I always used the report button when I saw these topics, from now on i wont need to press it again.( i hope)

Reactions: Max

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Finally the problem is solved. I always used the report button when I saw these topics, from now on i wont need to press it again.( i hope)
That's what we're hoping :) There's not been any since last night as far as I can see, so all is going well so far!

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
It seems that the add-on doesn't work. I saw 3 topics this morning and now they are deleted.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
It seems that the add-on doesn't work. I saw 3 topics this morning and now they are deleted.
For the first few days I would expect to see a few, but it's already significantly reduced.

Driver097

Jun 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
It still goes on. Take a look.
EDIT: This is getting even worse! Can't you add the feature to "approve" the first few posts of every new user?

Last edited:
Reactions: scanialoverr

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
The spamming still continues. There are 5 topics now and yesterday I saw another 5 topics which were removed. I suggest to you a)change forum software b) contact the developers of the current forum software and inform them about the spamming situation.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
That could be something to consider @Driver097. We know that the problem is still continuing and we're trying our best to stop it from doing so. The spam filters built on on XenForo are some of the best that you're going to find, and we've paid the yearly licence for it already, so changing forum software now would bring expenses that are just totally un-needed. Had we still been using vBulletin it would be a lot worse than it is now.

We're working really hard to find a way of reducing the number of spam posts, but at the moment nothing seems to be working. The add-on that was installed in theory should have stopped all bots from registering, how ever it hasn't. We'll keep you all posted on any progress that is made with this.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I've added another little gadget ;)

Thanks for reporting the spam posts.

I've been very tied up lately with work so I haven't had much time to do maintenance jobs around the forum, apart from clean up the spam.

Apologies everyone, I am looking for a solution!

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
@Muzz and @Max, looks like the new feature(Approving posts) is really helping stop spams.
It's been days since I saw a Spam Post,

Reactions: 4D1L
Status
Not open for further replies.