Rant about production period endangerment (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
Can I please have one of your unfinished modifications then? @HJALMAR has created a few great modifications, and a greatly appreciate his work, and I'm sure that most people appreciate his contributions to the community. As it appears, you've contributed very little to the community, apart from being incredible hostile and rude to other members. While you are entitled to your own opinion, you have ABSOLUTELY NO right to completely disregard those of other people. I feel as though you're fighting a battle that your currently losing. If I was you, I'd leave it here.
Couldn't say this any better myself. Totally agree!

Reactions: DVA_MEKA18

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, I know I said I left, and I have, but I still browse the forums and reply to PM's and all that. But, on this occasion, I wish to put my words out there.

HJALMAR is right. I would much rather take constructive advice in the production period rather than people asking me if they can test it. I prefer constructive feedback because whoever gave it clearly cares about my product and wants to see it flourish, so they give input on how to improve. It's good for learning from too. Asking for betas does absolutely nothing and TBH, i find reading these questions a total waste of time. I could be getting on with doing other stuff. We all have lives.

And as for you, Aaron, I find your hostility totally uncalled for. I think you are just getting butthurt as YOU can't grovel for a "sample product". How about this, go and ask for a sample product of the latest range of sudocrem, I think you need it for your butthurt (theres a taste of your own medicine). Your attacks on other members are actually quite nasty, they were all making valid points, and instead of having a valid argument, you have just straight out insulted them. This is the reason you have lost developers here, myself included.

You shall never hear a peep from me ever again.
Luke

EDIT: Sorry Rhys, didn't see your post. It was posted while I was writing this.

May 24, 2016
Ok, I know I said I left, and I have, but I still browse the forums and reply to PM's and all that. But, on this occasion, I wish to put my words out there.

HJALMAR is right. I would much rather take constructive advice in the production period rather than people asking me if they can test it. I prefer constructive feedback because whoever gave it clearly cares about my product and wants to see it flourish, so they give input on how to improve. It's good for learning from too. Asking for betas does absolutely nothing and TBH, i find reading these questions a total waste of time. I could be getting on with doing other stuff. We all have lives.

And as for you, Aaron, I find your hostility totally uncalled for. I think you are just getting butthurt as YOU can't grovel for a "sample product". How about this, go and ask for a sample product of the latest range of sudocrem, I think you need it for your butthurt (theres a taste of your own medicine). Your attacks on other members are actually quite nasty, they were all making valid points, and instead of having a valid argument, you have just straight out insulted them. This is the reason you have lost developers here, myself included.

You shall never hear a peep from me ever again.
Luke

EDIT: Sorry Rhys, didn't see your post. It was posted while I was writing this.
"I think you are just getting butthurt as YOU can't grovel for a "sample product"."
What? Read what you have written and you will see that it doesn't make any sense.
"sample product of the latest range of sudocrem"
Re-using one of my jokes/insults on me myself? You're not that bright are you?
"I think you need it for your butthurt (theres a taste of your own medicine)"
And now you are overusing it...
"Your attacks on other members"
I'm not trying to attack members, I'm trying to instil morals of not being a suck up.
"straight out insulted them"
I don't think I did, if so then I am truly sorry.
"You shall never hear a peep from me ever again."
Okay...

My objective is not to stop people from wanting to be a part of this community or to stop them from making great content, not at all. I just said that maybe you should wait until you have a large bit of progress done so when you finally do announce it you are like "Hi, I just made this brand new thing, it is almost done, just need to finish the last 10%" and then everyone will be like "Wow! It already speaks for itself, I don't even need a sample product because it is almost done and I will be able to get it soon". But I don't see how nobody is getting this. It is like I am speaking another language or everyone's got so angry that they have evaporated the water in their brain and are going fully fkin stupid. I don't mean to be hostile or offensive, and believe me it is not in my intention.

because tl;dr I'm going to make this bold and simple.

Most of the people complaining about sample products and quicker releases are people that have not made a product or attempted to. Now I don't mean speed modifications or repaints, I mean proper products. You have no excuse to be complaining when you are NOT a product creator or developer. This is a personal insult to me.

For those who failed to understand me as it seems you are not reading my explanation in full, I am not an OMSI developer, I work with LUA server products which are sold on behalf of a company, not to conflict with this conversation. What I am saying is that I am fully aware of how the REAL developers here feel and why they might be angry yet despite this, they are the ones who are actually not complaining as much.

Now, if you want to be a big boy game designer, go ahead. Release something that you have faith in and then you will understand. I think everyone needs to sit back and realise where I am coming from. 97% of the people in this thread don't have a right to be saying all this sh*t about being a "struggling demotivated developer".

Reactions: Stagecoachdriver
May 24, 2016
Well i think maybe you should? let me see you make something in Omsi then you will realize how hard it is and how time consuming it is before going off at others
For Christ sakes, I don't want to make stuff for OMSI, I already produce systems for a company for other things that are just as hard as this.
Just because I haven't doesn't mean my situation is any different. I understand where everyone is coming from but half of the people here haven't actually experienced this pain and are still complaining about it. Even the stuff that they are complaining about isn't to be complained about. I feel like I've been zapped off to another plant.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@All... Ok, one of the key things about civilised discussions is that you don't insult people for bringing a view on one side of the argument because they don't support your side. Dispute the claims and the opinions, not the mental integrity or whatever of the person who brings them.

HJALMAR

Add-on London Team
Dec 19, 2016
Helsinki, Finland
www.youtube.com
Most of the people complaining about sample products and quicker releases are people that have not made a product or attempted to. Now I don't mean speed modifications or repaints, I mean proper products. You have no excuse to be complaining when you are NOT a product creator or developer. This is a personal insult to me.
Now, if you want to be a big boy game designer, go ahead. Release something that you have faith in and then you will understand. I think everyone needs to sit back and realise where I am coming from. 97% of the people in this thread don't have a right to be saying all this sh*t about being a "struggling demotivated developer".

Maybe I should then elaborate here publicly instead of the DM. I have released two large scale sound/script mods for Omsi in the form of the Scania Citywide overhaul pack and the Solaris Urbino PACCAR ZF pack. Also I have created the sounds, scripts and the physics for the yet to be released Volvo B10BLE Carrus City L. And more recently I adapted a script package to one of the buses in a certain unreleased official addon. Further more I did some massive renovations to said scripts and did all the sounds for the vehicle.

Yet you seem to be speaking of me with the nasty teachers pet comments and what not. I am a Omsi dev and have been for the past three + years. Now all of that nasty hate you spread feels also like an insult to me and that sort of attitude is exactly why I made this thread since I have had an interest to this community for a while now. I feel like there is an empty void of a community for bus sims that skimp on the usual cancerous behavior and this makes me question my developing all together.

pıʌɐp

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Right, I've been trying to ignore this thread, but your starting to take things over the line, Aaron.

Developers get stressed when people beg them for their products/mods, as we have seen recently with certain developers leaving the community. I know this sounds a bit harsh, but it's because of people like you.
Though you may not spam threads with "cne haz bayta plz", Insulting them is just as bad as asking for BETA's.

There is also a difference between a Discussion, and insulting someone because they disagree with you.

If I put what I think you are, I would get banned from the forums, so I think we can leave it at this.

Goodbye

David

Last edited:

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Is everyone having a brain aneurysm.
Oh come on, if that isn't insulting, what is.

You also calling me dumb and implying i and possibly others are fake developers is very insulting. You are speaking untruth and I despise lies with a passion.
You were provoking me to post, because you seem to be in the dark with this all here. Developing a mod for OMSI is a lot different to developing an online game.

And you even admitted you were insulting before you denied it, in your words "Re-using one of my jokes/insults on me myself? You're not that bright are you?". Who's not that bright now?

Advertisement

"I think you are just getting butthurt as YOU can't grovel for a "sample product"."
What? Read what you have written and you will see that it doesn't make any sense.
"sample product of the latest range of sudocrem"
Re-using one of my jokes/insults on me myself? You're not that bright are you?
"I think you need it for your butthurt (theres a taste of your own medicine)"
And now you are overusing it...
"Your attacks on other members"
I'm not trying to attack members, I'm trying to instil morals of not being a suck up.
"straight out insulted them"
I don't think I did, if so then I am truly sorry.
"You shall never hear a peep from me ever again."
Okay...

My objective is not to stop people from wanting to be a part of this community or to stop them from making great content, not at all. I just said that maybe you should wait until you have a large bit of progress done so when you finally do announce it you are like "Hi, I just made this brand new thing, it is almost done, just need to finish the last 10%" and then everyone will be like "Wow! It already speaks for itself, I don't even need a sample product because it is almost done and I will be able to get it soon". But I don't see how nobody is getting this. It is like I am speaking another language or everyone's got so angry that they have evaporated the water in their brain and are going fully fkin stupid. I don't mean to be hostile or offensive, and believe me it is not in my intention.

because tl;dr I'm going to make this bold and simple.

For those who failed to understand me as it seems you are not reading my explanation in full, I am not an OMSI developer, I work with LUA server products which are sold on behalf of a company, not to conflict with this conversation. What I am saying is that I am fully aware of how the REAL developers here feel and why they might be angry yet despite this, they are the ones who are actually not complaining as much.

Oh hey, please go on and show us what "server products" you've developed and sold. Also, joining Steam groups about Anime & being a programming "god", shows the opposite of being a serious programmer. Same goes for your generally edgy attitude, nobody's gonna takes you seriously.
Your reply that you've developed nothing for OMSI really shows that your opinions regarding addon development are pretty much worthless, we don't care if you've raked 5000 hours in Garry's Mod and made some lua stuff, it just looks sad.
Also don't bother deleting any posts, they've been archived forever kek

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@All... Ok, one of the key things about civilised discussions is that you don't insult people for bringing a view on one side of the argument because they don't support your side. Dispute the claims and the opinions, not the mental integrity or whatever of the person who brings them.
Now stop insulting each other!

Reactions: BML_Atkinson
May 24, 2016
Oh come on, if that isn't insulting, what is.

You also calling me dumb and implying i and possibly others are fake developers is very insulting. You are speaking untruth and I despise lies with a passion.
You were provoking me to post, because you seem to be in the dark with this all here. Developing a mod for OMSI is a lot different to developing an online game.

And you even admitted you were insulting before you denied it, in your words "Re-using one of my jokes/insults on me myself? You're not that bright are you?". Who's not that bright now?
I think you got me wrong. I wasn't trying to insult others, just you. Also when was I untruthful? I didn't say anyone was a fake developer, I said most of these peoples are not developers. There is a difference between making an expansion pack with new bus models, new textures, new sounds, new scripts and a downloadable addition that features some different sounds and a edited script. I'm not saying it isn't appreciated, I am just saying... you get what I mean...

Reactions: Stagecoachdriver

Badger

Banned Member
Oct 22, 2016
I agree with @HJALMAR Frankly, Having been a developer myself, I am always faced with the community asking for this and that, It gets repetitive and it just makes our lives more stressful than they need to be. What is being developed is being developed. See it as that instead of asking us to stick to your time schedule and for our mods to compare to your youtube videos of the buses.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I wasn't trying to insult others, just you.
Consider this a warning. Insulting others is no way to be a part of a community of people interested about a hobby. I've said to stop insulting each other twice in the last hour. Continue like this and the warnings won't just be verbal.

Reactions: shanie

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread