Not a bug Push Notifications Not Supported?

GalWhv69

ALX400 Explorer / Comedy Gold 🏅🏆🎖️
May 22, 2018
I am using the Bromite browser on an Android device and I can't enable Push Notifications as it says it's not supported. I previously used Chrome and Push Notifications worked fine but had to switch recently. (Needed the adblocker for a different forum-NOT this one) Do the mods need to enable this for each browser individually or is it not solvable?
Thanks In Advance!

Tom

Administrator
Dec 10, 2015
They're only supported on some browsers (they're not available on iOS devices at all due to API limitations), which are listed here.

Bromite is a Chromium-based browser, but it doesn't seem to provide the API functionality we need to send notifications unfortunately.

GalWhv69

May 22, 2018
They're only supported on some browsers (they're not available on iOS devices at all due to API limitations), which are listed here.

Bromite is a Chromium-based browser, but it doesn't seem to provide the API functionality we need to send notifications unfortunately.
Do you know any workarounds (such as tricking the server into thinking I'm on Chrome)?

Tom

Administrator
Dec 10, 2015
Unfortunately not. It's showing as not being supported because it's not actually supported - we can't access the API we need to on your end to send the notifications.

Reactions: GalWhv69

GalWhv69

May 22, 2018
Unfortunately not. It's showing as not being supported because it's not actually supported - we can't access the API we need to on your end to send the notifications.
Ahh, thanks anyways :)

Reactions: Tom