Maps Project Winsby (1 Viewer)

About
Welcome to the fictional town of Winsby in North Lincolnshire. The town will feature many bus services from town shuttles to the village services. I will not have any release date until I get to a stage where I am able to publish one service. The town will feature a small town centre area due to the lack of funding by the council and a few large retail areas and housing estates. The main operator will be Stagecoach and all the town services will be ran by them but I may add an extra company to run school contracts ;) The map is about 25% at the moment. I have completed Service 16, Serivce 51 (Short) and Service 104 (School Service). I'm still working on the long 51/51c service and the very rare service 50. I've also started work on service 9 which will run from Needham, Lerica and then Clapton.

Screenshots
6.png

As I wanted to get all the Scanias on the road I decided to set the route for every 15 minutes but I'm planning to reduce the timetable to 2 a day each way.

67fef7beae76fd63514dc79f5af81cb6.jpeg

Here is the work to Needham to improve the area and make it look more interesting. Service 9 & 51/51c will follow each other till they get to Needham's Fairfield Estate and then they will split off.
7.png

Here we have Needham Marketplace right next to the train station. Service 9 will start here and then head of to Clapton and Lerica.

Thanks for taking a look...
Lou :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 422

@Simplibus:

That map doesn't look overly bad, in terms of placement. However, you object selection seems to be a bit iffy. The constant use of Freeman's objects is unnecessary. There are many good alternatives, and would be more advisable, as Freeman's buildings are outdated, and very high in framerates. The aesthetics of them is not good either, most noticeably the fence, where the pixels can easily be seen. Secondly, the houses seem a little to enclosed. Maybe try moving them further away from the road, and having some sort of driveway, garden, or something on the pavement, would be more pleasing than the current layout.

The use of the German road junctions is not a goo0d look either, as they are fairly low in detail, and clearly not made for the UK. Although people have done a fairly good job converting them, the current junctions available via the Cottrell map, and the objects found in the Iomex (not LH)and Whistlehead packs make beter and suitable alternatives. If a suitable alternative is not seen, than making the junctions yourself using the crossing editor would look much better.

I apologise if this sounds a little harsh, but the object placement and general design does not appear too bad, its more the object selection you have used. I hope I have suggested adequate ways for you to follow this out, and look forward to seeing your map improve.

Kieron :)

Advertisement

@Simplibus:

That map doesn't look overly bad, in terms of placement. However, you object selection seems to be a bit iffy. The constant use of Freeman's objects is unnecessary. There are many good alternatives, and would be more advisable, as Freeman's buildings are outdated, and very high in framerates. The aesthetics of them is not good either, most noticeably the fence, where the pixels can easily be seen. Secondly, the houses seem a little to enclosed. Maybe try moving them further away from the road, and having some sort of driveway, garden, or something on the pavement, would be more pleasing than the current layout.

The use of the German road junctions is not a goo0d look either, as they are fairly low in detail, and clearly not made for the UK. Although people have done a fairly good job converting them, the current junctions available via the Cottrell map, and the objects found in the Iomex (not LH)and Whistlehead packs make beter and suitable alternatives. If a suitable alternative is not seen, than making the junctions yourself using the crossing editor would look much better.

I apologise if this sounds a little harsh, but the object placement and general design does not appear too bad, its more the object selection you have used. I hope I have suggested adequate ways for you to follow this out, and look forward to seeing your map improve.

Kieron :)
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it :)

Advertisement

Map looks great so far! Just wondering, do you have a company in mind for the school runs?
Hi Sam, I've got Stagecoach running 2 School contracts at the moment;
Service 51c: Needham - Winsby - Winfield Academy
Service 104: Wainwright - Winfield Academy
These 2 services will run with the 51 duty's to make it more realistic :)

I have future plans to add other companies and contracts soon :)

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Hi Sam, I've got Stagecoach running 2 School contracts at the moment;
Service 51c: Needham - Winsby - Winfield Academy
Service 104: Wainwright - Winfield Academy
These 2 services will run with the 51 duty's to make it more realistic :)

I have future plans to add other companies and contracts soon :)

Nice!

I was wondering if you would like to use my hams repaint for a school run as well in the future as I've seen them doing them a lot. You don't have to if you don't want to, it's just a thought. :)

SamNeedham123

Founder of The Truck Stop
May 19, 2016
Louth, England
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I was wondering if you would like to use my hams repaint for a school run as well in the future as I've seen them doing them a lot. You don't have to if you don't want to, it's just a thought. :)

Being that the map is based on the small fishing town of Grimsby, Stagecoach is the main operator here with Coopers Tours typically operating private services (such as those from Franklin College, known as Winfield Academy in this map). Coopers use two Olympians plus a few coaches for their college service, so it will at least keep the dear old Volvos in action ;)

Nice!

Being that the map is based on the small fishing town of Grimsby, Stagecoach is the main operator here with Coopers Tours typically operating private services (such as those from Franklin College, known as Winfield Academy in this map). Coopers use two Olympians plus a few coaches for their college service, so it will at least keep the dear old Volvos in action ;)
Sounds like a plan ;)

Advertisement

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
Hi Louis,
I have a suggestion. Well, Project Winsby will be developed hard since you quit ROBLOX, if possible, who will be the other company to operate the school routes? Anyway, nice scenery in the screenshots. I hope this project goes well, and maybe can you release the repaints if possible?

Omega :)

The project was stopped ages ago and another one is in the works

Reactions: Omega_DevRBLX

Users who are viewing this thread