Maps Project Swindon (1 Viewer)

Project Swindon
A semi-fictional map based off the real town of Swindon, Wiltshire in the United Kingdom.

Hello all,

I decided to restart my Swindon map as I was not happy with the quality. Below are some screenshots of my current progress of the road network and basic scenery

Fleming Way

Whalebridge

Spring Gardens

Magic Roundabout/Fire Station

Magic Roundabout/Ambulance Station

Initial routes which will be included will be the 13 and 14. More routes will come in future updates (hopefully).

(click image to enlarge)
hyViRmE.jpg

Photo pulled from Swindon Bus Company's route map. The Great Western Hospital segment will not be included as this is route 13A/14A, which are not featuring in the initial release.

I am currently the only developer for the map. I plan to create a Discord server when I have more progress on my map, unless there is a demand for one beforehand.

Constructive criticism is strongly welcomed in this thread - I can only make the map better if I get feedback.

Information correct as of 7 October 2019.

Advertisement

Oct 17, 2016
Good luck with this project ! I live in Wiltshire so will follow developments with keen interest !
Thank you :) appreciate it
Looking very good so far, does Swindon not use tarmac ???? no but seriously can’t wait to see how the magic roundabout works in Omsi, normal roundabouts are temperamental but the magic roundabout will be something else.
Swindon will be the first tarmac-less map for OMSI rofl. Yeah I'm a bit curious about the AI as well lol

Reactions: Lukeeee

Advertisement

Oct 17, 2016
Is it better to do invisible splines for maps? Good luck with this Im trying to create something but I feel OMSIs editor very tedious
In my (very little) experience, I find that if you use invis street for small things like lane changing (what i did above) and set priorities, it won't cause too many issues.

However, invis street should never be used for junctions, since the AI cannot "see" each other as they'd be on different paths. A way to overcome this is either by using pre-made junctions (objects) or create a "invis junction". That way you can setup traffic lights, the AI paths, indicators etc.

Reactions: decidev

Users who are viewing this thread