Maps Project Southern (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

For the past few months i have  been working on an fictional map in the south called Project southern. The aim of the map to be an network style map that links several different towns across the south east. Especially in the Guildford and Reading Area The aim of this map to have an variety of routes for the first release which i will expand upon. Currently the map will be focusing on the city of Ashfield and also the towns nearby. The map is not finished however i felt it time to show some screenshots of the map.

View attachment 2877

(Note I am using the cotterell reskin for the E200 since i haven't finished any of the reskins yet)

Currently the lines im planning to build

Line 25 (Ashfield) Town Centre - Oakly common. (Ashfield)

Line 11 South of England University – Ashfield Train Station
Line 12 South of England University – Ashfield Bus Station. Via Odsbury road.
Line 13 South of England University – Haviringcombe

Line 177 Bus Station (Ashfield) to Nestden

Some Pictures Please beware some of them are in work in progress

Bus Station

View attachment 2884

Riverside Shopping Centre

View attachment 2885

High Street Ashfield

View attachment 2887

High Road Ashfield/London Road

So currently i am working on the Town centre and the nearby Merton retail park.

View attachment 2889

I end on that screenshot because i need to redevelop part of town at some point. along with the road layout. They are several things i need to do before i can call the city centre complete an good enough standard to continue onwards with the other areas of the map.

• Road Layout changes
  • Finish adding buildings and street furniture to the map
  • Add some backdrops to the city centre
  • Checking the spline paths are connected on most streets
  • New Splines.

Also here is the current layout of the map as of 21/07/2016

View attachment 2892

More updates to follow also i will be streaming me building the map on my twitch during the summer holidays as well. 

tkink317

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
A very good looking start. Only bad thing is that Freemans B&Q, but I'm sure that will be replaced in the future.

(When I learn modelling as well as some Class 319/Electrostar/Class 700 trains i will model a B&Q for you! ;) )

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Already being worked on (well two of the trains at least)

Haha, I thought so, for your addon I presume (which is what I was intending on modelling them for)! The Electrostar is a definite I think. but I'm unsure between the 319 or the 700. The 700 will be around for the foreseeable future, but lack proper "blueprint" things or stuff for a modeller to easily work with. The 319 is disappearing but there is plenty for the modeller to work with.

If you're not doing: Class 365, 313, 317 321, 465, 378 , 43, 91, or 222 trains I'll model those for you! 

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Haha, I thought so, for your addon I presume (which is what I was intending on modelling them for)! The Electrostar is a definite I think. but I'm unsure between the 319 or the 700. The 700 will be around for the foreseeable future, but lack proper "blueprint" things or stuff for a modeller to easily work with. The 319 is disappearing but there is plenty for the modeller to work with.

If you're not doing: Class 365, 313, 317 321, 465, 378 , 43, 91, or 222 trains I'll model those for you! 

class 319 will be the second train, Class 700 may be a bit more difficult as I've still not been on one despite Thameslink running them through Herne Hill.

but yes, I'm always happy to help out with any projects either of you are doing. 

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
class 319 will be the second train, Class 700 may be a bit more difficult as I've still not been on one despite Thameslink running them through Herne Hill.

but yes, I'm always happy to help out with any projects either of you are doing. 

Look out if Three Bridges rail depot has an open day. I saw a ton of 700s there on my way to brighton. You could get lots of reference pics.

And thanks for offering to help, I will happily take it.

Reactions: Rhys
Apr 16, 2016

The 700s are predominantly on the London Bridge to Brighton services at the moment but I have seen one or two going across towards Bedford but I don't think it was in service though. 

Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks guys for the feedback and support. 

A very good looking start. Only bad thing is that Freemans B&Q, but I'm sure that will be replaced in the future.

(When I learn modelling as well as some Class 319/Electrostar/Class 700 trains i will model a B&Q for you! ;) )

No need to bother that part of the map is getting replaced im not happy with that part of the map. I am gonna replace with btv objects and then eventually with my own objects

At this point i would be showing some progress the map. However because about demolish the bus station there not really much to show i am hoping to show update at some point this weekend. I was thinking of doing AI trains at one point for the map. Because with this map currently i would need Class 450 Desiros or Class 377s or maybe Class 458/0  :P

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016

There is currently seven Class 700's running on Bedford and London Bridge to Brighton. There hard to track down!

Apr 16, 2016
There is currently seven Class 700's running on Bedford and London Bridge to Brighton. There hard to track down!

I know it is, I went 700 hunting the other week and found about four of them in service and loads at Cricklewood and Three Bridges.

The ones at Cricklewood are Thameslink's. They might be 700/0's.

Yeah they will be Thameslink branded as part of the Thameslink program Finsbury Park to St Pancras will be connected so that Great Northern trains can run south of the Thames. 

_raVGrjRuYnUZ7VYQWVC2WycJwkR_tws.jpeg

http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/Rail-News/govia-takes-over-thameslink-franchise-from-fcc-from-sunday

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread