Maps Project Edinburgh (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

This will be a lengthy Post.

It has been a goal of mine to have the time to start making a map based in my home city of Edinburgh. (Scotlands Capital). If something is not realistic i wont be happy with myself which is why i waited until i had the time to start developing my project.

Edinburgh will be an interesting city to model.
03284052646238c56dde5c7f78267fdd.jpeg

Built on top of an extinct volcano divided into the 'New town' and 'Old town' which are both old but ones a bit newer than the other....

Both separated by a bridge....

Aswell as a man made hill which used to have under concrete heating... Fancy! (For those winter months where it was icy and the horses with their carriages would end up on their sides.)

Anyway enough on the history lesson, lets get onto routes!
Edinburgh's transport system is operated by 'transport for Edinburgh' which is sub divided into Lothian buses, Edinburgh Trams and Edinburgh Tours.

Transport for Edinburgh has a strong relationship with Wrightbus aswell as Volvo. Which is why all of Lothians wright bodied buses have volvo chassis'. Lothian also have a small amount of scanias and Dennis tridents in the fleet which are slowly but surely being phased out. We have a large order of Wright Gemini 3s on order due in service in the next month With B5TL chassis'. Aswell as many Volvo 7900s on order for Hybrid/ Electric only use. Lothian have an average bus age of just 3 years old.

The routes i will be making to start off with are as follows:

03284052646238c56dde5c7f78267fdd.png

Service 100 that runs every 10 mind form 0430 to 0000 then every 30 mins. The buses are upgraded every 4 years as per agreement with Edinburgh Airport. The buses currently in use are Wrightbodied B5TL'S.

The second route along side this is route 22:
one of the main and frequent bus routes of Edinburgh running every 6-7 minutes Mon - Sat and every 10 Sunday. The buses are currently ran by Wright geminis with B9TL chassis' however in the next month they will be replaced by buses similar to these but with glass side panels at the front and with updated liveries...

I will also be putting in a tour route as well as a short 15 min single deck working from the city to the parliament (Service 6).

I cant wait to start showing you WIP shots. I made this thread to document my progress.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Reactions: Stuart Barber

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I cant wait to start showing you WIP shots. I made this thread to document my progress.
Good, because we require at least one representative screenshot showing a reasonable degree of development having been made already when starting a WIP topic as per the rules for this section. Ideas are great, but they're useless unless an author can demonstrate they have the ability to make good progress. :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread