Project australia

Arcticwolf

Feb 22, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
As many of you have already heard about this project, many of you have not. Project Australia is an Australian map for ETS2 at 1:15 scale. It's currently a work in progress mod which will include not just one area of the country, but all of Australia! We are starting with a little town in the south-western corner of WA called Augusta. This town is more for sights than deliveries but will still be just as fun to enjoy the spectacular view! We are currently recruiting people who can help with an of the following things - 3D modelling, map creation/editing, texture creation/editing and coding. Or perhaps there is something else that you wish to do but isn't listed there, not to worry, just send us a message and we will see what we can do. The production of the map has commenced and moving at a fast and steady pace so we're very happy with the progress. As of the 1st December, work has officially commenced with the map, with Ivan (you may know him from his work on the Tasmania map) being the main person behind the map at this stage. We have also recently recruited Edwin, who is a 3D modeller who is skilled with using the free software of Blender. They're just a few people that I thought I would point out who are on the team but there are plenty of other people who are working hard on the project as well so be sure to thank them when you get the chance! Alan is the Co-Founder of the project and he has been there every step of the way, he's a very valuable part of the project and I can not imagine it without him! And myself, am the Founder of Project Australia.

If you have any questions about Project Australia, please do not hesitate to ask. The project has a FaceBook page so we would be ever so grateful if you could jump on over and press the like button. Every like we get, the more confident we get in our work as we know we have the support of the ETS2 community which is a great feeling to have when you're working on such a big project! Either ask it in a reply to this topic or on the FaceBook page or even send a private message to either myself or Alan as we will be more than happy to answer any of your questions! I've included a screenshot of a hint on what's to come, be sure to keep an eye out for any updates on the FaceBook page!

Work in progress pictures

Our FaceBook Page - https://www.facebook.com/Project-Australia-565400286951286/
and our forum http://projectaustralia.prophpbb.com/

Team member list
Brett (Founder/Owner)
Alan (Co-Founder/Co-Owner)
Edwin (3D Modelling)
Ivan (Map Creation/Editing)
Tommo (Texture Artist)
Arcticwolf (public relations )
Bas ( map editor)

Team vacancies

3D Modelling open
map creation/editing open
texture artist open
coding open

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan5267
Mar 3, 2015
Sounds really interesting! Wish you the best of luck with your exciting project.

Sadly, I don't know anything about Modelling or coding etc. :p

Alan5267

Sep 27, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I am the Alan mentioned in this post, me and Brett mentioned in the post have made PLENTY of attempts to make a Australian map, all have failed as you can tell, all failed because of a lack of modellers and map editors, this time, we have managed to get these 2 important positions occupied by atleast one person (currently the only important position lacking a team member is for conversion of 3d models to the game).

This time, the project has made significant progress, with a significant portion of our starting area done.

P.S. Ask me any questions!

Arcticwolf

Feb 22, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
I am the Alan mentioned in this post, me and Brett mentioned in the post have made PLENTY of attempts to make a Australian map, all have failed as you can tell, all failed because of a lack of modellers and map editors, this time, we have managed to get these 2 important positions occupied by atleast one person (currently the only important position lacking a team member is for conversion of 3d models to the game).

This time, the project has made significant progress, with a significant portion of our starting area done.

P.S. Ask me any questions!
thank you for clearing that up.

Reactions: Alan5267