Possibility of a Gibraltar map...?

Sudan_III

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
I take that is has probably been discussed before but I think it'd be great to be able to drive in Gibraltar. With several small but different routes on a rock owned by the British Empire in the South of Spain, and a customised climate, I think that it'd be a neat little map and good for passing time.

I find that repeatedly playing the same maps over and over again has become boring, despite having many add-ons and many British and foreign maps, so I feel like this wouldn't be too hard to recreate compared to other places as it would be rather small.

Who's with me?

Note: I'd do it myself but the last time I attempted a map, I literally messed it up and I had no patience to continue it, and also the fact that I can't really go to Gibraltar as I'm only 16 and I'm skint af.

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
I take that is has probably been discussed before but I think it'd be great to be able to drive in Gibraltar. With several small but different routes on a rock owned by the British Empire in the South of Spain, and a customised climate, I think that it'd be a neat little map and good for passing time.

I find that repeatedly playing the same maps over and over again has become boring, despite having many add-ons and many British and foreign maps, so I feel like this wouldn't be too hard to recreate compared to other places as it would be rather small.

Who's with me?

Note: I'd do it myself but the last time I attempted a map, I literally messed it up and I had no patience to continue it, and also the fact that I can't really go to Gibraltar as I'm only 16 and I'm skint af.
I'm afraid that's not how maps are made. Developers make maps which they want to make and don't take requests. While I agree some maps can get boring after time, all the maps currently available on Fellowsfilm are made by developers in their free time around their standard work and life and don't get paid for it. Because of this, maps can take longer to make compared to those available on Steam which are made by full-time developers.
While it would be nice to have a map like this, I can guarantee it won't happen by request, and will be more by a developer who wants to work on it.

Sudan_III

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
I'm afraid that's not how maps are made. Developers make maps which they want to make and don't take requests. While I agree some maps can get boring after time, all the maps currently available on Fellowsfilm are made by developers in their free time around their standard work and life and don't get paid for it. Because of this, maps can take longer to make compared to those available on Steam which are made by full-time developers.
While it would be nice to have a map like this, I can guarantee it won't happen by request, and will be more by a developer who wants to work on it.
Well yes, I fully understand all that, especially as I have attempted it before, and yes I know that developers do not take requests - but my intention was to spark an idea rather than be patronising or whatever else you think was implied. I also understand how long it may take to create a map, which is why I suggested a smaller map - in order to occupy less time, and again, I'm not trying to imply anything with that.

It is merely an idea.

Reactions: owen6116

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
Well yes, I fully understand all that, especially as I have attempted it before, and yes I know that developers do not take requests - but my intention was to spark an idea rather than be patronising or whatever else you think was implied. I also understand how long it may take to create a map, which is why I suggested a smaller map - in order to occupy less time, and again, I'm not trying to imply anything with that.

It is merely an idea.
Ah ok.
Came across as a request but if it's an idea then my apologies.

Sudan_III

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
if people cld get pics of the routes and that i wld take a shot of making the map
That'd be cool, thanks. I wish I could get images though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a Google Maps plugin for map creating? I'd quite like to know as maybe I could join you and learn the ropes?

I'll contact you on Discord.