Maps Porchester (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Porchester

Porchester will be a map where you can go from village to city via very tight roads and very challenging city's which can be very busy, i have customized many junctions already to make them do what i want because they are not currently in omsi. My next task will be adding a few 1 way roads and making the roads very tight

Current Progress Of These Screenshots:

Roads: 10% -15%

Scenery: 10%

Road Markings: 12%

Ai Routes: 5%

Repaints: 90% ( Stagecoach & First )

Routes Currently Planned:

30: Porchester Circular; Via, Gemmington, Hunt End, North Brampton, Birdham? [ 27 Minutes Long ] Completion: 25%

31: Porchester Circular; Vis, Birdham?, North Brampton, Hunt End, Gemmington [ 27 Minutes Long ] Completion: 25%

182: National Grid Circular; Via, Gemmington, Brixford [ 30 Minutes Long ] Completion: 30%

View attachment 4009View attachment 4010View attachment 4011View attachment 4012

Last edited by a moderator:

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
@Lemon__Gaming

1. You are using the old roads which i would use the new ones.

2. FREEMANS objects, stay away from them as they don't look realistic and are very high in polygons

3. Use more up-to date splines and sceneryobjects

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

@Lemon__Gaming, I just have a few points to make about the start of your map. To start off with, that is not a bad start, the map there does have a lot of potential. If you want city buildings, you can always use the standard German ones and retexture them to give a British feel or even learn the skills o Blender and create them yourself!

Use Iomex roads for now, as he is going to update his pack after the release of BoTW2, so the textures will get overwritten then if you plan to wait that long, if not, swap them for the Cotterell ones as they do look better. I advise you to either use existing junctions and splines rather than Invis_Street. It might seem like a good alternative but the traffic do not interwork, so AI will drive into your vehicle if it is in the way, AI cars do not give way at junctions and you cannot set priorities. This does make driving impossible. Another point I might add is try to avoid putting rows and rows of the same plant. Vary it up a little and use different trees to create an altogether better scene. Another key thing which will make your map better quality is have a larger viewing distance. You have high walls and trees adjacent to the road, the impacts quality. To rectify things like this, it is advised that seriously view impairing objects, like this wall, be kept to a minimum, let the detail go further and then place backdrops behind that. If you was to take, for example, BoTW2, the buildings and scenery continue for a long way from the road. Same applies to the trees, larger trees shouldn't be placed that close often, try placing them further away with a backdrop behind. Lastly, on the note of trees, don't have them too close to the road as they will then get in the way of your bus. Try spacing them a little way away from the road and use shrubs and plants to bridge the gap.

If you want to create tight roads, use the terrain, and shrubs for this effect and it will be of a higher quality than if you place high trees next to the road. I can see you want to improve, and that is a lot to take on board, but it will help your map so much, even if its only few points from that. I hope to see your improvements turn this into a great map, I wish you luck.

Regards,

Kieron :)

Lemon__Gaming

Transbus Guy
Apr 16, 2016
birmingham
@Lemon__Gaming, I just have a few points to make about the start of your map. To start off with, that is not a bad start, the map there does have a lot of potential. If you want city buildings, you can always use the standard German ones and retexture them to give a British feel or even learn the skills o Blender and create them yourself!

Use Iomex roads for now, as he is going to update his pack after the release of BoTW2, so the textures will get overwritten then if you plan to wait that long, if not, swap them for the Cotterell ones as they do look better. I advise you to either use existing junctions and splines rather than Invis_Street. It might seem like a good alternative but the traffic do not interwork, so AI will drive into your vehicle if it is in the way, AI cars do not give way at junctions and you cannot set priorities. This does make driving impossible. Another point I might add is try to avoid putting rows and rows of the same plant. Vary it up a little and use different trees to create an altogether better scene. Another key thing which will make your map better quality is have a larger viewing distance. You have high walls and trees adjacent to the road, the impacts quality. To rectify things like this, it is advised that seriously view impairing objects, like this wall, be kept to a minimum, let the detail go further and then place backdrops behind that. If you was to take, for example, BoTW2, the buildings and scenery continue for a long way from the road. Same applies to the trees, larger trees shouldn't be placed that close often, try placing them further away with a backdrop behind. Lastly, on the note of trees, don't have them too close to the road as they will then get in the way of your bus. Try spacing them a little way away from the road and use shrubs and plants to bridge the gap.

If you want to create tight roads, use the terrain, and shrubs for this effect and it will be of a higher quality than if you place high trees next to the road. I can see you want to improve, and that is a lot to take on board, but it will help your map so much, even if its only few points from that. I hope to see your improvements turn this into a great map, I wish you luck.

Regards,

Kieron :)

Thankyou for the suggestions, currently it is at early stages so i am doing a temporary buildings so i can try and find good ones to replace them. I know it needs a lot of improovement

Advertisement

Lemon__Gaming

Transbus Guy
Apr 16, 2016
birmingham
my map has crashed and gave up on itself and deleted quite alot of it. everything has now gone down to 5% complete

Picture: This is in every direction of the map.

The main city is missing. The bus station is missing. The depot is missing Even Gemmington is missing. there is quite a lot missing now.

View attachment 4060

20:37 Wednesday 17th August 2016:

The map is not backed up from what i can find. I have had to restart the map from fresh or from the first day of the map, I have chosen to go from fresh so now i will be updating this probably every day. I am starting at a different point now as now i know i have lost so much... I am extremely sorry but atleast i can give it more of a feel now and try and make it as good as i possibly can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread