[POLL] What kind of route do you want to drive?

What kind of route would you like to drive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Hi all,

We're interested to know what kind of route you'd most like to drive in OMSI. We're already planning to include examples of every type of driving into BotW 2, but we'd like to know what kind of routes you all want :) We have the idea that we want to include plenty of motorway work simply because that's something which hasn't been done on this side of the road yet, and the nature of the map means that there will be lots of inter-urban services, but we'd like to get a feel for what's really wanted. It's a multi-choice question so tick whatever you want - but remember that it'll be more useful to us if you think about which you'd really like before choosing, if you tick everything we can't really make much of it.

We'd also be interested to know whether you'd use AOD if we were to integrate the map with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Surprised that there's as little demand as there is for city driving, I know that's something I'm hankering after. Obviously we'll need a bunch of rural routes - and yes, no E500s allowed - that's good anyway because that's we've had a few planned for a while :)

ross4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
E500s would be allowed at the discretion of the driver :P

Reactions: GalWhv69

Toucan

Hmmm
Mar 28, 2016
Inter-urban, Special Trips and coach trips for me :)  I'd like to do a school route in a coach

Lakitu

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Content Control
Jan 1, 1970
Surprised that there's as little demand as there is for city driving, I know that's something I'm hankering after.

It's not that I don't want city driving, it's just a number of factors for me. I don't feel it would suit BoTW, maybe if UKDT was to do a map based on an urban area such as Manchester 9_9 it would fit. Also the bus stop bug affects cities more due to the increased likeliness of seeing AI drivers. It's also naturally heavier on resources.

Evaluating other options, there appears to be demand for Express services like NatEx, personally that stuff bores me but each to their own, high speed running also generally exaggerates the stuttering you get from tile loading but oh well. Interurban we have with the 35 in BoTW so that's great, Scenic - I wouldn't be averse to an 8-mile valley route with open-toppers :P and special services like private hires and depot runs I'm indifferent to, but obviously if you are building a depot in the map then the depot runs should be part and parcel of it.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
One thing I definitely want to do is run a once-daily service which covers the entire map from top to bottom - so at the full final extent that would probably be Cheddar Gorge or Bath University to Land's End via everywhere in between. Would probably take about five hours end to end, but if we've got all of that map we might as well use it!

@joe_alker It doesn't fit at the moment, but we're expanding drastically and we will be seeing major towns along the way - one thing we're wondering is whether to include Torquay to incorporate some city driving for instance.

High speed routes should be pretty OK, because well be keeping the scenery light around the motorways - if you're doing 60 you don't need much in the way of detail anyway, it's only the bits where people will slow down which will be properly detailed.

We have got potentially up to three open top routes we're thinking about, but that might be an excess, and we need to get the core features in first.

Lukeyboi

Veteran Member
Apr 5, 2016
i like the long distance route as I am like Jeremy Clasrkson,

I believe only in SPEED and POWER!!

BusRonz

Mar 16, 2016
What open top bus routes do you have in mind?

Costar1198

Some guy from Croydon innit
Mar 30, 2016
I quite like routes that have a mix of urban and rural, back roads with that city feel, we have a lot of those here in Croydon, shame I cant vote for both  :(

iMarkeh

UK Omsi Magazine Founder
Apr 1, 2016
I like the rural routes but I prefer busy city routes but tight turns is a great little addition in the city. Bus lanes are good and I love routes that go over bollards or have barriers so road is buses only.

simulatorguy101

Custom Content Creator
Apr 5, 2016
Rural roads, narrow roads are good for me as I love a challange!

Motorway driving has to happen to hear the lovely sounds of buses and to give them a damn good thrashing.

I would also like Special services such as Open Top sightseeing and maybe Rail Replacement as that is something you don't see very often in OMSI!

Jumper1066

Jul 24, 2016
I would like a route which is like (go north east 6) a route which goes through part of a city round a lot of housing estates and then through countryside villages going through the housing estates in villages and maybe stopping off at a shopping mall at the end of the journey. So like City-Suburban-Rural-Rural-Rural-Out of town shopping mall

Status
Not open for further replies.