Not open for further replies.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
How do you get Pikachu on a bus?

- Poke'm on!

Who's downloaded it? Be honest. Personally, I've never been into Pokémon, but it is quite interesting seeing what's around my area in a virtual-reality taken to reality. Pokémon GO does overnight what parents failed to do in years and that's make us go play outside.

If you don't know what Pokémon GO is about (somehow, you can skip this paragraph if you know) - you download the app, you go out of your cave and step into the real world (at day or night, some Pokémon only spawn at night) and you walk/ride around looking for Pokémon with your mobile device. When you find one you swipe the Pokéball to throw it and capture the Pokémon. From there you can level your trainer by evolving and powering up your new creature. You can get more Pokéballs at Pokéstops which are usually monuments like parks, statues, buildings and pick up some other items. There's also a Gym which you can take control of by assigning Pokémon to it. From there it's like a turf war, people will battle to have control of that gym and likewise you can send stronger Pokémon to help defend it.

I've downloaded it to see what all the fuss is about really. The concept is cool.

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com
I am not (and I wasn't) a fan of Pokémon. I did not download Pokémon Go.. I don't think I will tho
But my sister did, and I must say she's home today and we'll take our bikes this afternoon, to try to meet a Pokemon :p

Pokémon's concept is amazing, and it's pretty nice because a lot of people will go outside (instead of stay locked at home all day like I do)...
...Even if it can be dangerous to walk outside having eyes on the phone everytime ! ;)

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I am not (and I wasn't) a fan of Pokémon. I did not download Pokémon Go.. I don't think I will tho
But my sister did, and I must say she's home today and we'll take our bikes this afternoon, to try to meet a Pokemon :p

Pokémon's concept is amazing, and it's pretty nice because a lot of people will go outside (instead of stay locked at home all day like I do)...
...Even if it can be dangerous to walk outside having eyes on the phone everytime ! ;)

It is a good concept for sure - certainly kills some boredom too! Download it yourself and play with your sister - take over one of the gyms. :p

As for safety - it tells you when you open the game to be aware of your surroundings. XD

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
France
steamcommunity.com

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I've downloaded it, the app doesn't really work great for me so not had much time playing it! It's all my sister wants to do, she's been out for 2 hours playing it, may have something to do with the local pub being a pokestop though... :P

I keep on hearing this Pokémon go, it's high up app on the market at the moment with allot of Youtube channel doing Vlogging and personally I'm not interested in Pokémon and never played Pokémon in my life. I heard that people spending big going around the world playing Pokémon go and also allot of tweets from the police and government about this when driving. Going to get allot of bad deaths

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I don't do it in the car. However if someone offers to catch them for me, go ahead! I hate people who use their phone and drive, unless someone's dying it's not worth it or else someone will die. Whenever I play I'm either walking with friends or I go out on the BMX / mountainbike and leave the Beamer parked up.

Remember kids, always look both ways -twice!- before you catch that Pokémon and do not trespass in order to catch 'em all. We don't want any of our members or anyway locked up or knocked down.

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Well, part of me feels bad, but another parts of me says they should have been paying attention anyway. What part of your driving test includes ****ing with your phone? It's my biggest driving pet peeve. Innocent people die from people who should be in control of their multi-ton-exceeding killing machines but are instead distracted by their phones; that's no one's fault but the driver's.

Well, part of me feels bad, but another parts of me says they should have been paying attention anyway. What part of your driving test includes ****ing with your phone? It's my biggest driving pet peeve. Innocent people die from people who should be in control of their multi-ton-exceeding killing machines but are instead distracted by their phones; that's no one's fault but the drivers.

Agreed. We should all take responsibility and put our phones aside while driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread