Please Help

Ice68

Dec 13, 2014
Hi,

My VTC is busy going under.Need advise please.
don't know what to do anymore.

Thx

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Do you have any idea what's going wrong, or are people just starting to leave?

I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction but will need some more information first :)

Ice68

Dec 13, 2014
Hi

People join but doesn't participate, I had to fire ten(10) people because of lack of participation even my personnel officer and dispatcher.
We have a website ,Facebook, email and we use my vtc net.
Do I need a partner or join another vtc ? Any advise or help will be appreciated.

Thx

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Hi

People join but doesn't participate, I had to fire ten(10) people because of lack of participation even my personnel officer and dispatcher.
We have a website ,Facebook, email and we use my vtc net.
Do I need a partner or join another vtc ? Any advise or help will be appreciated.

Thx
You've got to remember that it's christmas time so people aren't going to be as active, firing them because they can't do as much isn't really going to help you move forwards I don't think.

You've got a website, a facebook page and the system you're using to log loads is fairly good so in that respect everything is aright, however you should make sure that both the facebook page and website reflect how you want the VTC to be viewed - if it looks professional people will see it and think that your company is ran well etc, if it looks like a 5 year old has scribbled it onto a piece of paper then the thoughts will be reversed :P

Reactions: Philip1

Ice68

Dec 13, 2014
You've got to remember that it's christmasopinion people aren't going to be as active, firing them because they can't do as much isn't really going to help you move forwards I don't think.

You've got a website, a facebook page and the system you're using to log loads is fairly good so in that respect everything is aright, however you should make sure that both the facebook page and website reflect how you want the VTC to be viewed - if it looks professional people will see it and think that your company is ran well etc, if it looks like a 5 year old has scribbled it onto a piece of paper then the thoughts will be reversed :p
This Happened before the festive time please check our website and give a honest oppinion
Http://ice680.wix.com/toroda

Philip1

Oct 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Firing people won't bode well for any further progression. You must create a relaxed environment for people to come and go as they please.
Keep the game play rules to a minimum !

Some Advice I can offer would be in the way of...

Branding
Create a brand/logo that reflects your vtc's personality.
There are many tutorial's on Youtube how to create logos/typography, however the trick is
to not just be happy with your first efforts. Compare your brand/logo to other real life companies brands.

Brands are ideal for trailers, depots, warehouse decals etc, however I would not use them on the trucks themselves.
ETS2 is ALL about customization, so let the driver choose his own cab style.

Color Scheme/Liveries

Pick 3 colors for your color scheme, a primary,secondary and highlight color.
Make sure your website and trailer/depot paints match the exact HEX values for consistency sake.

Make sure the primary color and secondary color are contrasting enough to read, purple text on a limegreen background is never a good thing.

Know your own skills
The most common pitfall of vtc's in my experience(since 2002) is people just want to be famous for 15 minutes.
The have zero skill sets and look for others to do most if not ALL of the work. BIG NO NO!

Your skills sets could be just administration work(word,excel,powerpoints) but you need to be honest with people you are hiring for staff roles.
admin work seems to get overlooked quite alot, you don't need to know how to mod,skin,design, you can virtually hire these people if your honest about your own skills.

Google offer free services, forms,spreadsheets,etc all public API's, meaning you can parse that data into your website without needing a backend server, even free websites such as wix.

Clear goals
Always have a clear mindset, set monthly goals for yourself or your team just like a real company would. You can't just sit idle and expect stuff to happen. ie: that trailer need to be painted by 24 Dec.

Learn how to delegate jobs.

Analytical tools
Analysis your site traffic for the month, you got alot of visitors from "Portugal" this month, maybe create a Portuguese mod for the game, or localize your site languages to include Portuguese. think outside of the box, how can I turn these Portuguese visitors into members

Create something fun for others to enjoy, while learning a new skill-set.
Maybe you are learning programming/3D modelling/sound design, either way, share with your members and immerse them in your virtual company!

Reactions: Muzz

Ice68

Dec 13, 2014
Firing people won't bode well for any further progression. You must create a relaxed environment for people to come and go as they please.
Keep the game play rules to a minimum !

Some Advice I can offer would be in the way of...

Branding
Create a brand/logo that reflects your vtc's personality.
There are many tutorial's on Youtube how to create logos/typography, however the trick is
to not just be happy with your first efforts. Compare your brand/logo to other real life companies brands.

Brands are ideal for trailers, depots, warehouse decals etc, however I would not use them on the trucks themselves.
ETS2 is ALL about customization, so let the driver choose his own cab style.

Color Scheme/Liveries

Pick 3 colors for your color scheme, a primary,secondary and highlight color.
Make sure your website and trailer/depot paints match the exact HEX values for consistency sake.

Make sure the primary color and secondary color are contrasting enough to read, purple text on a limegreen background is never a good thing.

Know your own skills
The most common pitfall of vtc's in my experience(since 2002) is people just want to be famous for 15 minutes.
The have zero skill sets and look for others to do most if not ALL of the work. BIG NO NO!

Your skills sets could be just administration work(word,excel,powerpoints) but you need to be honest with people you are hiring for staff roles.
admin work seems to get overlooked quite alot, you don't need to know how to mod,skin,design, you can virtually hire these people if your honest about your own skills.

Google offer free services, forms,spreadsheets,etc all public API's, meaning you can parse that data into your website without needing a backend server, even free websites such as wix.

Clear goals
Always have a clear mindset, set monthly goals for yourself or your team just like a real company would. You can't just sit idle and expect stuff to happen. ie: that trailer need to be painted by 24 Dec.

Learn how to delegate jobs.

Analytical tools
Analysis your site traffic for the month, you got alot of visitors from "Portugal" this month, maybe create a Portuguese mod for the game, or localize your site languages to include Portuguese. think outside of the box, how can I turn these Portuguese visitors into members

Create something fun for others to enjoy, while learning a new skill-set.
Maybe you are learning programming/3D modelling/sound design, either way, share with your members and immerse them in your virtual company!
Thx for the advice,but i did my homework before i started my vtc,all these things you said is already in place.
The matter of firing members is that they left out of free will,my vtc net doesn't give the option of deleting members the only way is by firing them to delete them from your'e VTC,sorry for the misunderstanding but english isn't my home language.

Reactions: Philip1

Tiny

Dec 29, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
While it might be going belly up Ive applied to your company anyhow :)