Buses Plaxton President (1 Viewer)

Developer Note: This project is not cancelled but will no longer be updated publicly.

1654787062755.png

Hi everyone, welcome to the bus I've been working on for the last while.
It is the Dennis Trident Plaxton President, we plan doing as many engine and gearbox combos as possible, but what will come is based on what we have available to us.

Let's talk about the generic variants, which are the versions coming first:

The release order (all of which are generic op-neutral variants):
Release 1 - 10.5m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 2 - 10.5m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 3 - 9.9m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 4 - 9.9m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 5 - 10.5m Low Height, Gasket/Bonded
Release 6+ - Anything operator specific. You'll be updated when this happens.

Seats?
Generic variants will contain the following as setvars:
Lazzerini Practico 2845
Scanflex
Fainsa Cosmic
Rowan Telmac Telford 20.

Linea seats will be available in a seperate, semi op-specific First Variant.

Destination Boards?
LEDs
Flipdots
Rollblinds

London variants will be equipped with traditional TfL spec blinds. Dual door variants will be equipped with the generic options stated above.

Ticket machines?
Wayfarer TGX150 (With thanks to Sambob_12 scripts)
Ticketer (Courtesy of V3D and Sambob_12)
VIX TP5700 (Modelled)

We plan delving further into the scripts of these to try and bring them close to/on par with DLC standard.

Full Specifications for any future variants will be communicated as they're conceived

What will the templates be like?
They will be baked, easy templates like that on most modern UK buses. Templates will be available in .pdn and .psd formats. You will need to save these as .dds files, for which a tutorial will be provided.
The final version will come with a repainter's manual to help you get the best out of repainting the bus. You won't be able to acquire an early version of the template.

Release Date/Beta?:
IDK/No

Will this be finished?
I have every intention to finish it, but it's going to take time

The screenshots below are very old, and are nowhere near the standard the model is currently. Look at your own risk :P:

Model's not quite done yet (but nearly is done) so theres a few things missing atm which i probably know about :tongueout:

Last edited:

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
I ????????????
love ????????
it ????????????

I love it so much!!!!
Great job on that Pressie (and Alisa)!!

BTW: What is a "bog standard"? Thanks in advance. :)
It may look like an Ailsa, but it is a Citybus, pretty sure it was ordered that way by FifeScottish for similarity to other buses in the area (aka Ailsa's)

Bog standard is basically a non-operator specific order. Examples of users of the bog standard president, are Pete's Travel. They ordered the PO51 batch, later used with Reading Buses, and now most of the batch reside with TheGreenBus.

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Bog standard means default or original
It may look like an Ailsa, but it is a Citybus, pretty sure it was ordered that way by FifeScottish for similarity to other buses in the area (aka Ailsa's)

Bog standard is basically a non-operator specific order. Examples of users of the bog standard president, are Pete's Travel. They ordered the PO51 batch, later used with Reading Buses, and now most of the batch reside with TheGreenBus.

Ah, I see, thanks!
Do you know what BOG stands for?
Like, is it an abbreviation for something?
Thanks! :)

My mistake about Ailsa. I had no idea there were other buses that look like Ailsas, but aren't Ailsas. Sorry! ????

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
Do you know what BOG stands for?
Like, is it an abbreviation for something?

Its just a normal saying that you would use to describe something that isn't out of the ordinary. (Thats pretty bog standard) it has a few other meanings too depending on where you live. Or you could use it to address Mr Bogbrush also known as @BlueOrange

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
View attachment 47542
Love it or hate it, this project is still continuing.

I thought it would be best to update in case people thought we gave up or something.

GCSE's finished on Monday, so I have more time to work on this now. However, be aware I do have other commitments.
View attachment 47543
A vast range of improvements have been made.

New rear lights (courtesy of Con/Costar1198)
Reworked front bumper + windscreen
Accurate panel gaps
More accurate doors (courtesy of Mr Mostochio)
General accuracy improvements and tidy up

FAQ

Where is the Facebook?

Gone.

Will it come back?
Maybe.

Am I going to rebuild it 6985 more times?
Yes.
No.

Is it going into OMSI?
Yes, by the end of the summer with luck

Will updates become more frequent?
Who knows

What is the spec now?
By consultation with my collaborator, Mr. Mostochio, we have decided the initial release will be a First spec Trident. Based off the LK51Uxx batch of vehicles.

Following will be the bog standard "dealer stock" spec I initially was making, then the DAF, then it's a mystery...
I love it! You have done a great job!

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
unknown-54.png
unknown-119.png

Work on the exterior is finally drawing to a close. Some changes since the last update:
-General updates to the front, mainly involving the polishing of the bumper and rescaling the windscreens.
-Advert boards
-Details to the side have been modelled in
-General polish of the body

Next up me and Mostchio will be peer reviewing each others models before getting everything fitted.

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
View attachment 47828View attachment 47829

Work on the exterior is finally drawing to a close. Some changes since the last update:
-General updates to the front, mainly involving the polishing of the bumper and rescaling the windscreens.
-Advert boards

Next up me and Mostchio will be peer reviewing each others models before getting everything fitted.
Looking amazing as always!

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

-Advert boards

Love it!
Keep up the amazing work!

Reactions: Mr Mostochio

Alex Anderson

You know, the guy that owns Anderson?
Banned Member
Jul 26, 2019
Bo'ness
www.facebook.com

-Advert boards

Can't wait to drive this!

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
I would like to thank you all for your support over the years, however I am pleased to announce i will be handing over the project almost entirely to Mr. Mostochio who will continue the bus into OMSI. My work on the model was essentially complete anyway.

I will be helping here and there, but only on a minimal level.

Mr. Mostochio is a very talented and capable developer with a phenomenal eye for detail and I know he is going to make the bus prosper and do a better job with it than I ever did.

It's been a great 3 years and I've learnt a lot from this community, who have admittedly helped me so much and I owe it to you all, as without you I wouldn't be as fluent with Blender as I am now, but I know where I'm not wanted.

Mr Mostochio

Developer of the Plaxton President
Jan 8, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for the support everyone.
I am talking to @Lukeyboi getting all his models transferred before I start texturing and converting into game, models not too far off finished now.

First's TN TNL ex London converted spec is the first model being made, if all goes well Metroline and London General all in london spec will be next and possibly Stagecoach. Not sure about ticket machines atm possibly will be a mix of a couple.

Will hopefully have some update pics for yall very soon.

Thanks for the support everyone.
I am talking to @Lukeyboi getting all his models transferred before I start texturing and converting into game, models not too far off finished now.

First's TN TNL ex London converted spec is the first model being made, if all goes well Metroline and London General all in london spec will be next and possibly Stagecoach. Not sure about ticket machines atm possibly will be a mix of a couple.

Will hopefully have some update pics for yall very soon.

Sounds good ????

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
1574620586563.png

I've spent 3 months away from this community and in that time you'll be pleased to know that I've done nothing. the last time I even opened the model files to the bus after the last update were 2 days ago, which in my normal fashion I spent a reasonable portion of time rebuilding the front section of the bus, it looks no different, because the bits I've redone were mere tweaks. The most obvious change is the new fuel cap section which has been rebuilt so it does not look like the one from the B7 but instead the one from the Trident. Obviously the position on the different chassis' are slightly different.

Is the bus even in game yet:
I'll be straight up and honest, No. I've spent the last 3 months doing other things away from the community and haven't even opened OMSI let alone do development for it. However Mr. Mostochio has been working on the interior, and we just need to finally piece all our work together, sort out the textures, and then the bus can go in game.

Is It even going to?
Yes, plus as a static version which will come before the driveable version, which should be released this year fingers crossed (Note: This year means any time between 2020-2042), there's a lot of work to do in the sixth form and obviously schoolwork is the priority, I'm not working on the bus full time. So yes, its going to take ages.

Why do you keep rebuilding the bus?
To improve the accuracy and fix any flaws. This model has lasted a long time and is the most accurate rendition to date, so it's most likely the one that'll end up in game.

Are you returning to the community?
Not really. I'm staying clear of Discord and I won't be doing any contribution to the forum other than the occasional update on this bus.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread