Buses Plaxton President (1 Viewer)

Developer Note: This project is not cancelled but will no longer be updated publicly.

1654787062755.png

Hi everyone, welcome to the bus I've been working on for the last while.
It is the Dennis Trident Plaxton President, we plan doing as many engine and gearbox combos as possible, but what will come is based on what we have available to us.

Let's talk about the generic variants, which are the versions coming first:

The release order (all of which are generic op-neutral variants):
Release 1 - 10.5m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 2 - 10.5m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 3 - 9.9m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 4 - 9.9m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 5 - 10.5m Low Height, Gasket/Bonded
Release 6+ - Anything operator specific. You'll be updated when this happens.

Seats?
Generic variants will contain the following as setvars:
Lazzerini Practico 2845
Scanflex
Fainsa Cosmic
Rowan Telmac Telford 20.

Linea seats will be available in a seperate, semi op-specific First Variant.

Destination Boards?
LEDs
Flipdots
Rollblinds

London variants will be equipped with traditional TfL spec blinds. Dual door variants will be equipped with the generic options stated above.

Ticket machines?
Wayfarer TGX150 (With thanks to Sambob_12 scripts)
Ticketer (Courtesy of V3D and Sambob_12)
VIX TP5700 (Modelled)

We plan delving further into the scripts of these to try and bring them close to/on par with DLC standard.

Full Specifications for any future variants will be communicated as they're conceived

What will the templates be like?
They will be baked, easy templates like that on most modern UK buses. Templates will be available in .pdn and .psd formats. You will need to save these as .dds files, for which a tutorial will be provided.
The final version will come with a repainter's manual to help you get the best out of repainting the bus. You won't be able to acquire an early version of the template.

Release Date/Beta?:
IDK/No

Will this be finished?
I have every intention to finish it, but it's going to take time

The screenshots below are very old, and are nowhere near the standard the model is currently. Look at your own risk :P:

Model's not quite done yet (but nearly is done) so theres a few things missing atm which i probably know about :tongueout:

Last edited:

Advertisement

Apr 15, 2020
Arriva had some plaxton presidents up here they had the Volvo B7TL chassis on ours. Good buses, I think they was at Selby and Heckmondwike depots for most of their lives. Nice buses, but I preferred the ALX 400's we had though.

Nov 14, 2016
wait so go ahead still own the VTs? someone should preserve it then but it might be in a different livery tho...
they are LX54's they came with the aquisiton of East Yorkshire these are them:

6922 LX54 GYY Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6923 LX54 GYZ Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6924 LX54 GZB Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6925 LX54 GZC Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6926 LX54 GZD Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6927 LX54 GZE Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6928 LX54 GZF Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6929 LX54 GZT Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6930 LX54 GZU Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6931 LX54 GZV Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6932 LX54 GZW Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6933 LX54 GZY Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6934 LX54 GZZ Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 64 22 2005 15.5 London red
6935 X508 EGK Withdrawn Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 68 22 2001 19.5 East Yorkshire
6936 X584 EGK Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 68 22 2001 19.5 East Yorkshire
6938 PL51 LDU Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 68 22 2002 18.4 East Yorkshire
6940 PJ02 RBF Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 68 22 2002 18.1 East Yorkshire
6941 PN02 XBU Riverside Volvo B7TL Plaxton President 68 22 2002 18.4 2016 fleet livery

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Its been a long time since I have viewed this topic. But would you know if a London dual door spec will follow later? If this was the case then perhaps many of the First London and Metroline versions could be done as those are the ones that spring to mind :) . If this is the case then I would assume it would be popular for the London map.

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Its been a long time since I have viewed this topic. But would you know if a London dual door spec will follow later? If this was the case then perhaps many of the First London and Metroline versions could be done as those are the ones that spring to mind :) . If this is the case then I would assume it would be popular for the London map.
Mr. Mostochio has made all the mouldings for a London variant already, and we will be adding them after the 10.5 metre generic versions are done.

Progress is slow because I have college and some other projects to attend to, plus my PC has some issues. I may have to make a temporary install onto my laptop for the sake of dev only, it should run Grundorf okay, which is all I need for adding and testing features until promotional pictures need taking later down the line.

1600978221646.png

Here's a new and more detailed roof, which has been done along with various other improvements to the accuracy of this bus. The interior is still there, its just in the main file, this is a file I'm using for now to bake the bus using only the meshes I need.

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
That looks grand and please take your time and don't be tempted to rush mate. The wait will be well worth it and looking at those windows. I think the V-HBY, Y-NLK and other versions like the KN52 and the LK03 examples could be done unless those regs are for the Volvo B7TL variant that is the 10.6m chassis. If so, please accept my apologies and disregard those regs :). In truth, I never really took an interest in the real Plaxton President Tridents when I was in London between 2014/2015 as the buses were mostly ALX400's where I lived but I wish I had done now! ???? .

Keep up the great work none the less and if this render is anything to go by. Its another high quality bus to spoil myself with in a future let's play video.

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
1602974503965.png

1602974551645.png

And at last, these are done, yet another custom new seat for the President (and eventually the ALX200)! These are era-appropriate Lazzerini Practico 2840 (high back) and 2845 (low back). These were used up until 2010, until they were superseded by the 3840/5, which have no lower seat base and a different leg design

Lots of work was done recently to bring these down to acceptable poly levels, being very curvy seats it was quite a task but they do look the part! All the planned seat variants for the President are now sorted, and like I said, you'll be able to plug and play them on every generic variant. After all, customisability is a key point of a modern OMSI bus, and there will be plenty of exterior and interior setvars to boot.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 73208
View attachment 73209
And at last, these are done, yet another custom new seat for the President (and eventually the ALX200)! These are era-appropriate Lazzerini Practico 2840 (high back) and 2845 (low back). These were used up until 2010, until they were superseded by the 3840/5, which have no lower seat base and a different leg design

Lots of work was done recently to bring these down to acceptable poly levels, being very curvy seats it was quite a task but they do look the part! All the planned seat variants for the President are now sorted, and like I said, you'll be able to plug and play them on every generic variant. After all, customisability is a key point of a modern OMSI bus, and there will be plenty of exterior and interior setvars to boot.
That's amazing news, thanks! :D
The seats look great as well!
Can't wait for the eventual release. ????

Edit: The roof looks great too! I missed that post.

View attachment 73208
View attachment 73209

Very Great work, I've only been on one of these once irl.
I will be definitely be putting a Firstbus Buses of Somerset repaint on this.
Keep up the great work.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Capital Logistics (later Sovereign) had a whole batch, albeit I don't think it was very big. Not sure if they had a demonstrator.

Arriva owned most of the DLPs, which they ordered from T reg - 52 reg. The T reg's have spent a lot of their lives as open toppers, but Jimmy Sheng's UK buses have photos of them in their original condition. It was through this medium that I found out that there were Presidents that did have Bench Seats:
View attachment 68698
Credit: Jimmy Sheng UK Buses

This had the very interesting layout original Arriva DAFs (including DLAs) were laid out, with Scanflex seats on the lower deck and bench seats on the upper deck. Later examples had Civic seats and the layout of the windows was slightly different.

I very much doubt this layout will be done until we make the DAF.
Yes I was lucky enough to have a couple of press photos from Arriva at the time, they seemed very proud of their DAFs. Also these were mainly on the 279 out of Enfield Garage with the 149 as DLA (for those that remember the late 90s / very early naughties)

Reactions: Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
After a lot of work and a quick backup to GDrive, time to update this thread for the first time in a while

So, here's something I've been trying to implement alongside other setvars:
1607208105092.png

1607208130793.png

So now you have 2 options for your rear numberplate, been looking at ways to have this properly implemented into the template and it shouldn't be too hard. Repainters will need to ensure that they pay attention when doing their repaints, however, to ensure they have the correct shadows enabled for the type of bus they want to do.

1607208395808.png

Baking has come along well on the exterior, now featuring a more final version of the Lukeyboi livery, for now dubbed Buslines, but unfortunately since last time, a lot of changes have had to be made to the exterior, meaning that the interior will have to be "re-fitted", but having already done a couple tests, this is not much more than a simple 10 minute job. We can then get on with baking the interior and getting it into the game. I have my Year 13 mocks in a couple weeks, meaning I'll be revising most of the time, but I'm hoping we can start importing everything by new year.

Notable changes is now you can paint over the front destination glass, completely obscuring it if you want, or leaving it completely open, again your choice. Maybe you want to go for the dodgy ex London look? You'll definitely be able to make the bus look the way you want with these new additions. I'll do a full walkthrough of the repaint template closer to release as well as include a detailed guide with the bus.

1607208852968.png

The most notable changes are seen at the back, which has had a fair amount of rebuilding. The windows have been redone, the slope has been redone, and there is an entirely new rear bumper. I'm sure you can agree it looks a lot more accurate, now. The windows may also look a little big right now too, but I believe this is because there are not any frits on the grey part of the glass just yet.

1607209002254.png

Lastly, there will be a new badge, from the TransBus era.

What's next?

-Refit interior and finish off baking and texturing

-New wheels - The Growl's are good, but it's time for me to make genuine Trident wheels.

-Start getting it all in the game

Hopefully some solid progress to come.

P.S. - I fixed the handrails on the Practico 2840, they look a lot less dire now:
1607209435974.png

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Can't wait mate! Just a minor thing but will these window stickers be included? :)
View attachment 75273
Not those exact ones, because they belong to V3D but something similar will be included, and tbf will probably be repaintable. Just need to work out the most efficient way of doing that + all the emergency exit lettering on the glass. I think I know of a way, I don't know if its the most efficient way though, so I'll have to have a look at other developer's solutions before going forward here.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread