Buses Plaxton President (4 Viewers)

Developer Note: This project is not cancelled but will no longer be updated publicly.

1654787062755.png

Hi everyone, welcome to the bus I've been working on for the last while.
It is the Dennis Trident Plaxton President, we plan doing as many engine and gearbox combos as possible, but what will come is based on what we have available to us.

Let's talk about the generic variants, which are the versions coming first:

The release order (all of which are generic op-neutral variants):
Release 1 - 10.5m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 2 - 10.5m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 3 - 9.9m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 4 - 9.9m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 5 - 10.5m Low Height, Gasket/Bonded
Release 6+ - Anything operator specific. You'll be updated when this happens.

Seats?
Generic variants will contain the following as setvars:
Lazzerini Practico 2845
Scanflex
Fainsa Cosmic
Rowan Telmac Telford 20.

Linea seats will be available in a seperate, semi op-specific First Variant.

Destination Boards?
LEDs
Flipdots
Rollblinds

London variants will be equipped with traditional TfL spec blinds. Dual door variants will be equipped with the generic options stated above.

Ticket machines?
Wayfarer TGX150 (With thanks to Sambob_12 scripts)
Ticketer (Courtesy of V3D and Sambob_12)
VIX TP5700 (Modelled)

We plan delving further into the scripts of these to try and bring them close to/on par with DLC standard.

Full Specifications for any future variants will be communicated as they're conceived

What will the templates be like?
They will be baked, easy templates like that on most modern UK buses. Templates will be available in .pdn and .psd formats. You will need to save these as .dds files, for which a tutorial will be provided.
The final version will come with a repainter's manual to help you get the best out of repainting the bus. You won't be able to acquire an early version of the template.

Release Date/Beta?:
IDK/No

Will this be finished?
I have every intention to finish it, but it's going to take time

The screenshots below are very old, and are nowhere near the standard the model is currently. Look at your own risk :P:

Model's not quite done yet (but nearly is done) so theres a few things missing atm which i probably know about :tongueout:

Last edited:

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
First's TNLs are disappearing though, I saw a few for sale on EBay recently, including the re-engined Euro 5 ones. I hope some get preserved and converted back to dual door London spec. There are some TNs and VTs in preservation, the 2 TNs are dual door, VTs are single door. We'll have to see what happens with them.

Reactions: Truckspotter

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
First's TNLs are disappearing though, I saw a few for sale on EBay recently, including the re-engined Euro 5 ones. I hope some get preserved and converted back to dual door London spec. There are some TNs and VTs in preservation, the 2 TNs are dual door, VTs are single door. We'll have to see what happens with them.
Shame none of the VTs were dual door when preserved I wanna see one of the TNs in the old first Livery back before TFL implemented the Red rule for all buses

Advertisement

Only two TNL's are still dual door but both are open top and SORN.
Other 22 are single door (5 of those are SORN & 4 have no tax) leaving 13 which are still active
Active: (or at least should be)
W905 VLN
LK51 UZS
LK51 UYN
LN51 NRL
LN51 GOA
LN51 GMG
LN51 GNP
LN51 GNF
LN51 GOJ
LN51 GOE
LT02 ZCF
LT02 ZCA
LT02 ZBZ
Rest are either scrapped or privately owned

First eastern counties (Norfolk and Suffolk) have some ex-first london VN/VNL'S/TNL's still in use on there purple, orange and turquoise lines as well as the spare ones in lilac and olympia liverys. Very slowly getting replaced by Volvo B9TL Gemini 1 and Volvo B9TL Gemini 2.

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Templating, exterior wise, is happening now, last few niggles to sort out and then things can start going into the game. I thought it would be time to show you planned setvars aside from the seats as we have a few and none have been mentioned yet.

1595177291357.png

1595177324339.png
1595177370165.png

1595177398569.png
1595177443706.png

1595177474303.png

1595177495360.png
1595177697271.png

1595177753203.png
A 3rd LED variant is planned but hasn't been made yet. The rear grilles are also a setvar.
1595177921157.png

1595177981249.png

(Note the handrails seen do change to the actual ones used on the moulded seats)
Other planned things include a periscope and marker light positions, aswell as some other things.

Templating, exterior wise, is happening now, last few niggles to sort out and then things can start going into the game. I thought it would be time to show you planned setvars aside from the seats as we have a few and none have been mentioned yet.

A 3rd LED variant is planned but hasn't been made yet. The rear grilles are also a setvar.
View attachment 69272
View attachment 69273
(Note the handrails seen do change to the actual ones used on the moulded seats)
Other planned things include a periscope and marker light positions, aswell as some other things.
Spectacular! I can't wait to get behind the wheel of this bus

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
1595550719982.png

1595550842549.png

I got back to this stage again, I had to fix the front after the last UV map as I realised the proportions were completely wrong but its all there now, the template is getting there, there are a few issues to sort out but the exterior and windows are basically textured now, then it'll be onto interior where we try and brave light maps.

I'm not sure if its the correct way to go or not, but I may not include all shadows, namely ones for setvars like the lights (With the exception of the Metroline LED casing as seen here), to make things easier to repaint. On each exterior template for each variant I do, there may be some toggles for stuff like the Metroline LED casing and the rear vents, so you'll need to make sure you use these if you plan utilising these setvars. For different marker lights/rear lights though, baked shadows are not as important so will be left plain on the template. But don't you worry, I have some plans to see if I can get these shadows to appear nonetheless.

I will be going for the same .dds approach other developers have been going for recently for the outside, and it will be the same with the Class 319 AI train too. I just need to do some research on some stuff still, but be assured I'll include a repainter's manual with the final bus to ensure you know what you are doing. It'll be nothing unusual.

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
We are starting with the Trident, and unless someone does a B7TL or DB250 before we have the chance, we'll eventually get onto that too.

We may consider assisting developers who would be interesting in making the aforementioned chassis' by lending them models, please PM us, and we will discuss it and get back to you. It is not a guaranteed yes.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread