Buses Plaxton President (5 Viewers)

Developer Note: This project is not cancelled but will no longer be updated publicly.

1654787062755.png

Hi everyone, welcome to the bus I've been working on for the last while.
It is the Dennis Trident Plaxton President, we plan doing as many engine and gearbox combos as possible, but what will come is based on what we have available to us.

Let's talk about the generic variants, which are the versions coming first:

The release order (all of which are generic op-neutral variants):
Release 1 - 10.5m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 2 - 10.5m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 3 - 9.9m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 4 - 9.9m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 5 - 10.5m Low Height, Gasket/Bonded
Release 6+ - Anything operator specific. You'll be updated when this happens.

Seats?
Generic variants will contain the following as setvars:
Lazzerini Practico 2845
Scanflex
Fainsa Cosmic
Rowan Telmac Telford 20.

Linea seats will be available in a seperate, semi op-specific First Variant.

Destination Boards?
LEDs
Flipdots
Rollblinds

London variants will be equipped with traditional TfL spec blinds. Dual door variants will be equipped with the generic options stated above.

Ticket machines?
Wayfarer TGX150 (With thanks to Sambob_12 scripts)
Ticketer (Courtesy of V3D and Sambob_12)
VIX TP5700 (Modelled)

We plan delving further into the scripts of these to try and bring them close to/on par with DLC standard.

Full Specifications for any future variants will be communicated as they're conceived

What will the templates be like?
They will be baked, easy templates like that on most modern UK buses. Templates will be available in .pdn and .psd formats. You will need to save these as .dds files, for which a tutorial will be provided.
The final version will come with a repainter's manual to help you get the best out of repainting the bus. You won't be able to acquire an early version of the template.

Release Date/Beta?:
IDK/No

Will this be finished?
I have every intention to finish it, but it's going to take time

The screenshots below are very old, and are nowhere near the standard the model is currently. Look at your own risk :P:

Model's not quite done yet (but nearly is done) so theres a few things missing atm which i probably know about :tongueout:

Last edited:

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
also is there a stagecoach repaint and will the engine sound the same as the ones in real life
To address the following two points:
  1. Likely not. If the bus ends up being payware, definitely not. If its freeware, I wouldn't hold your breath; wait for a livery pack to be released - though if you're willing, on release, perhaps you could consider doing one such repaint yourself?
  2. I'm not Luke, so I can't exactly confirm it, but define 'ones in real life'? The Dennis Trident, Volvo B7TL or DAF DB250 in real life? You have opened up a very open question, here - and what you might think the bus sounds in 'real life' may be different to what Luke, or anyone responsible for the sound recordings, thinks the bus sounds like in 'real life'. And in this current climate, I think getting sounds might be a bit tricky - unless one goes after a preserved bus.

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Everyone, hold fire. Let me address some questions.

Will the bus be payware?
I don't know, currently I'm talking to Mr. Mostochio about it. I want it to be free, but Mostochio may want otherwise. I will send you updates when we have discussed it.

What sounds will the bus have?
I have been in contact with MB Studio, who made the sound mod for the ALX400, and have obtained permission for their soundpack to be used. Also, for additional variants, a friend of mine is the owner of professional sound equipment, so new samples may be recorded. I will be working with them and MB Studio to enhance existing sound packs also.

What repaints will the bus have?
I will be asking several people to help out with repaints. A few will be released with the bus, and others will come as part of an extension official repaint pack. If I want you to help, I will contact you. Do not contact me asking to do repaints, I will not respond to your message. You may make whatever you desire when the bus is released, and I am sure if the repaint you want wasn't available in the repaint pack, you will be able to make it yourself, or someone else could. Stagecoach is a major operator and will probably come bundled with the bus itself.

To address the following two points:
  1. Likely not. If the bus ends up being payware, definitely not. If its freeware, I wouldn't hold your breath; wait for a livery pack to be released - though if you're willing, on release, perhaps you could consider doing one such repaint yourself?
  2. I'm not Luke, so I can't exactly confirm it, but define 'ones in real life'? The Dennis Trident, Volvo B7TL or DAF DB250 in real life? You have opened up a very open question, here - and what you might think the bus sounds in 'real life' may be different to what Luke, or anyone responsible for the sound recordings, thinks the bus sounds like in 'real life'. And in this current climate, I think getting sounds might be a bit tricky - unless one goes after a preserved bus.
ye thats no problem you gugys have done well with the project i know how to do repaints if you want any repaints doing im your guy buts thtas if you need any butr good work for the bus

• Confused
Reactions: Danny Brooks

Kaelyn

Max Verstappen, 2021 Formula One World Champion
Jan 2, 2017
Brighton & Hove, United Kingdom
dokkae.me
Everyone, hold fire. Let me address some questions.

Will the bus be payware?
I don't know, currently I'm talking to Mr. Mostochio about it. I want it to be free, but Mostochio may want otherwise. I will send you updates when we have discussed it.

What sounds will the bus have?
I have been in contact with MB Studio, who made the sound mod for the ALX400, and have obtained permission for their soundpack to be used. Also, for additional variants, a friend of mine is the owner of professional sound equipment, so new samples may be recorded. I will be working with them and MB Studio to enhance existing sound packs also.

What repaints will the bus have?
I will be asking several people to help out with repaints. A few will be released with the bus, and others will come as part of an extension official repaint pack. If I want you to help, I will contact you. Do not contact me asking to do repaints, I will not respond to your message. You may make whatever you desire when the bus is released, and I am sure if the repaint you want wasn't available in the repaint pack, you will be able to make it yourself, or someone else could. Stagecoach is a major operator and will probably come bundled with the bus itself.
Plus - if all is good, you're welcome to use mine for sounds ;)

Reactions: Lukeyboi

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
London had these also but Arriva were the only ones who had the DLP version, Sovereign did for the 114 a little while, think it was the Demonstrator, but Arriva had a staple fleet just for North London.

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
London had these also but Arriva were the only ones who had the DLP version, Sovereign did for the 114 a little while, think it was the Demonstrator, but Arriva had a staple fleet just for North London.

Capital Logistics (later Sovereign) had a whole batch, albeit I don't think it was very big. Not sure if they had a demonstrator.

Arriva owned most of the DLPs, which they ordered from T reg - 52 reg. The T reg's have spent a lot of their lives as open toppers, but Jimmy Sheng's UK buses have photos of them in their original condition. It was through this medium that I found out that there were Presidents that did have Bench Seats:
1594313863688.png

Credit: Jimmy Sheng UK Buses

This had the very interesting layout original Arriva DAFs (including DLAs) were laid out, with Scanflex seats on the lower deck and bench seats on the upper deck. Later examples had Civic seats and the layout of the windows was slightly different.

I very much doubt this layout will be done until we make the DAF.

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Destinations:
Well I am hoping for the inclusion of rollbands, leds and flipdots and the side destination to be at the top or bottom of the window and the regular sized and full sized destination screen on the back, if everything goes to plan. i'm pretty sure it can be done but it sounds like a pain to do.
1594333254309.png

ANOTHER UPDATE: Mr. Mostochio and I have agreed that this bus will be freeware.

Also we have been talking about what variants we want to do when and we decided that the TNL spec would be weird to release first and will instead be made available in the operator specific pack. However, for those of you who want to do First repaints, the seats will be available to use in the generic variants, just with a more standard seating layout.

The Scanflex seats have been added to the bus and I will be doing the rest of the seating layouts at some point in the future:
1594333388991.png

1594333438554.png

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Destinations:
Well I am hoping for the inclusion of rollbands, leds and flipdots and the side destination to be at the top or bottom of the window and the regular sized and full sized destination screen on the back, if everything goes to plan. i'm pretty sure it can be done but it sounds like a pain to do.
View attachment 68718

ANOTHER UPDATE: Mr. Mostochio and I have agreed that this bus will be freeware.

Also we have been talking about what variants we want to do when and we decided that the TNL spec would be weird to release first and will instead be made available in the operator specific pack. However, for those of you who want to do First repaints, the seats will be available to use in the generic variants, just with a more standard seating layout.

The Scanflex seats have been added to the bus and I will be doing the rest of the seating layouts at some point in the future:
View attachment 68719
View attachment 68720
Love that a lot!!
Great work @Lukeyboi and @Mr Mostochio!!
Thanks a lot for this! :)

Hiya I am really looking forward to this vehicle and respect all of your fabulous work so far. I am wondering if there is a planned Open Top Variant to come with the pack? And will there be long and short far side mirror options? If not no problem and keep up the amazing work

Reactions: owen6116

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread