Buses Plaxton President (2 Viewers)

Developer Note: This project is not cancelled but will no longer be updated publicly.

1654787062755.png

Hi everyone, welcome to the bus I've been working on for the last while.
It is the Dennis Trident Plaxton President, we plan doing as many engine and gearbox combos as possible, but what will come is based on what we have available to us.

Let's talk about the generic variants, which are the versions coming first:

The release order (all of which are generic op-neutral variants):
Release 1 - 10.5m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 2 - 10.5m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 3 - 9.9m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 4 - 9.9m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 5 - 10.5m Low Height, Gasket/Bonded
Release 6+ - Anything operator specific. You'll be updated when this happens.

Seats?
Generic variants will contain the following as setvars:
Lazzerini Practico 2845
Scanflex
Fainsa Cosmic
Rowan Telmac Telford 20.

Linea seats will be available in a seperate, semi op-specific First Variant.

Destination Boards?
LEDs
Flipdots
Rollblinds

London variants will be equipped with traditional TfL spec blinds. Dual door variants will be equipped with the generic options stated above.

Ticket machines?
Wayfarer TGX150 (With thanks to Sambob_12 scripts)
Ticketer (Courtesy of V3D and Sambob_12)
VIX TP5700 (Modelled)

We plan delving further into the scripts of these to try and bring them close to/on par with DLC standard.

Full Specifications for any future variants will be communicated as they're conceived

What will the templates be like?
They will be baked, easy templates like that on most modern UK buses. Templates will be available in .pdn and .psd formats. You will need to save these as .dds files, for which a tutorial will be provided.
The final version will come with a repainter's manual to help you get the best out of repainting the bus. You won't be able to acquire an early version of the template.

Release Date/Beta?:
IDK/No

Will this be finished?
I have every intention to finish it, but it's going to take time

The screenshots below are very old, and are nowhere near the standard the model is currently. Look at your own risk :P:

Model's not quite done yet (but nearly is done) so theres a few things missing atm which i probably know about :tongueout:

Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 55739
I've spent 3 months away from this community and in that time you'll be pleased to know that I've done nothing. the last time I even opened the model files to the bus after the last update were 2 days ago, which in my normal fashion I spent a reasonable portion of time rebuilding the front section of the bus, it looks no different, because the bits I've redone were mere tweaks. The most obvious change is the new fuel cap section which has been rebuilt so it does not look like the one from the B7 but instead the one from the Trident. Obviously the position on the different chassis' are slightly different.

Is the bus even in game yet:
I'll be straight up and honest, No. I've spent the last 3 months doing other things away from the community and haven't even opened OMSI let alone do development for it. However Mr. Mostochio has been working on the interior, and we just need to finally piece all our work together, sort out the textures, and then the bus can go in game.

Is It even going to?
Yes, plus as a static version which will come before the driveable version, which should be released this year fingers crossed (Note: This year means any time between 2020-2042), there's a lot of work to do in the sixth form and obviously schoolwork is the priority, I'm not working on the bus full time. So yes, its going to take ages.

Why do you keep rebuilding the bus?
To improve the accuracy and fix any flaws. This model has lasted a long time and is the most accurate rendition to date, so it's most likely the one that'll end up in game.

Are you returning to the community?
Not really. I'm staying clear of Discord and I won't be doing any contribution to the forum other than the occasional update on this bus.
Thanks for keeping us updated, @Lukeyboi, and I wish you and @Mr. Mostichio the best of luck with the President, looks absolutely stunning so far!

Geprge

this is where the fun begins
Dec 12, 2018
View attachment 55739
I've spent 3 months away from this community and in that time you'll be pleased to know that I've done nothing. the last time I even opened the model files to the bus after the last update were 2 days ago, which in my normal fashion I spent a reasonable portion of time rebuilding the front section of the bus, it looks no different, because the bits I've redone were mere tweaks. The most obvious change is the new fuel cap section which has been rebuilt so it does not look like the one from the B7 but instead the one from the Trident. Obviously the position on the different chassis' are slightly different.

I'll be straight up and honest, No. I've spent the last 3 months doing other things away from the community and haven't even opened OMSI let alone do development for it. However Mr. Mostochio has been working on the interior, and we just need to finally piece all our work together, sort out the textures, and then the bus can go in game.

Is It even going to?
Yes, plus as a static version which will come before the driveable version, which should be released this year fingers crossed (Note: This year means any time between 2020-2042), there's a lot of work to do in the sixth form and obviously schoolwork is the priority, I'm not working on the bus full time. So yes, its going to take ages.

To improve the accuracy and fix any flaws. This model has lasted a long time and is the most accurate rendition to date, so it's most likely the one that'll end up in game.

Not really. I'm staying clear of Discord and I won't be doing any contribution to the forum other than the occasional update on this bus.

I wish you the best of luck in continuing the development. Also, good luck in sixth form, I'm sure you'll do great Luke! :)

Reactions: Lukeyboi

Advertisement

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
View attachment 55739

Is It even going to?

Looks great Luke! Wish you all the best with sixth form and I’m glad to hear you’re doing well!

View attachment 47828View attachment 47829

Work on the exterior is finally drawing to a close. Some changes since the last update:
-General updates to the front, mainly involving the polishing of the bumper and rescaling the windscreens.
-Advert boards
-Details to the side have been modelled in
-General polish of the body

Next up me and Mostchio will be peer reviewing each others models before getting everything fitted.

this bus looking smart and amazing well done and keep up the good work

Reactions: Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
1574966130465.png

We're getting to the stage where work on the exterior is essentially complete. The plan now is to buddy check the exterior so far and make any relevant adjustments, and then add Mr. Mostochio's windows and UV map and get in game as a static. Not sure what the timeframe for this is but fingers crossed it'll be very soon. Remember me and Mr. Mostochio are both students and we have our studies and can't spend all day on this.

After last time, some more accuracy improvements have been undertaken and some new details have been added, the most significant being details on the roof courtesy of Mr. Mostchio
1574966090834.png

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 55844
We're getting to the stage where work on the exterior is essentially complete. The plan now is to buddy check the exterior so far and make any relevant adjustments, and then add Mr. Mostochio's windows and UV map and get in game as a static. Not sure what the timeframe for this is but fingers crossed it'll be very soon. Remember me and Mr. Mostochio are both students and we have our studies and can't spend all day on this.

After last time, some more accuracy improvements have been undertaken and some new details have been added, the most significant being details on the roof courtesy of Mr. Mostchio
View attachment 55845
Coming along very very nicely! :D
Love the ad as well! ;)

Reactions: Albastru

Mr Mostochio

Developer of the Plaxton President
Jan 8, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi guys, interior is pretty much completed now after being mostly rebuilt for lower polys, apart from cab which will be done soon and then Lukeyboi's exterior will be fitted we can start conversion to OMSI. More update pics will hopefully follow soon.

Attachments

• pic4.png
    pic4.png
    371.2 KB · Views: 198
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 197
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 188
  • pic1.png
    pic1.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 239

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hi guys, interior is pretty much completed now after being mostly rebuilt for lower polys, apart from cab which will be done soon and then Lukeyboi's exterior will be fitted we can start conversion to OMSI. More update pics will hopefully follow soon.
Ooh awesome!! :D
Was just thinking about it yesterday! :)

19693668599_c9c8874c98_b.jpg

When it's done, I can't wait to slap this livery on it! :D
(image source)

Reactions: TouhouTofu

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
oh yeh Nice, will look awesome. I miss those first devon days sm not many tridents left anywhere now
Yes, true... I've only been on the Stagecoach 3 route (same route as the First 93), which had (and still has I think) ALX400 Tridents.
We still have a few B7TL Pressies left on the Rail River Link from Paignton to Totnes, but no Tridents. Think Plymouth still has some though.

But still, I'll do the Mayflower 93 livery for the President, when it comes out. :)
Here's the version I did for V3D's ALX400 Trident, a bit less than a month back. ????

flashyflashflash.gif

Would love to see this route 1x1 in OMSI 2 (even though the chances of that happening are next to none)... we can still dream though :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ITS A11 and MrChips

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
1581205380796.png

It seems after a while the wheels are finally in motion and Mr. Mostochio's interior is, at long last, getting installed. The window frames are the first things to go in. Obviously they need to be adjusted a little bit, but progress is finally being made.

I've done 5-6 hours of work on the bus since the last update, as I have said already, Mr. Mostochio and I are full time A-Level students (which aren't the most straightforward thing in the world) and this is merely a side project that I personally do not have many hours to work on, but in that time I have done some revision to the bus, such as adding some hoppers, general bug/inaccuracy fixing, etc. The exterior is going to receive a going over by Mr Mostochio to try and find any inaccuracies and bugs that I have not found, then will receive a full tidy up before being mapped, baked, and imported into the game as a static vehicle, which you should receive soon as an apology this damn bus has taken so long. If it were up to me, I'd have released this bus 2 years ago, but looking back on my models then and looking at my models now, I am glad that what I will be delivering to you at somepoint this century is much more accurate and realistic, and the tweaks I plan on doing should bring it up to par with some of the recent DLC this community has recieved. They've set the bar high, so fingers crossed it will satisfy your needs.

Unfortunately, since Shorey's Travel closed down, 2 years ago, I don't really have access to a bus that I can record general (not engine) sounds from, but if you have a President you might be able to obtain some stuff for, do PM me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

As for planned engine sounds, the sound pack released for the ALX400 by MB Studio takes my interest and I am hoping we will be able to incorporate the ZF version of the sound pack into the FirstBus variant. As for the 2nd planned variant, the stock variant with a Euro 2 Voith lump, Tom Walker on YouTube has a decent WIP right now, and I'm hoping we will be able to use this.

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
View attachment 57937
It seems after a while the wheels are finally in motion and Mr. Mostochio's interior is, at long last, getting installed. The window frames are the first things to go in. Obviously they need to be adjusted a little bit, but progress is finally being made.

I've done 5-6 hours of work on the bus since the last update, as I have said already, Mr. Mostochio and I are full time A-Level students (which aren't the most straightforward thing in the world) and this is merely a side project that I personally do not have many hours to work on, but in that time I have done some revision to the bus, such as adding some hoppers, general bug/inaccuracy fixing, etc. The exterior is going to receive a going over by Mr Mostochio to try and find any inaccuracies and bugs that I have not found, then will receive a full tidy up before being mapped, baked, and imported into the game as a static vehicle, which you should receive soon as an apology this damn bus has taken so long. If it were up to me, I'd have released this bus 2 years ago, but looking back on my models then and looking at my models now, I am glad that what I will be delivering to you at somepoint this century is much more accurate and realistic, and the tweaks I plan on doing should bring it up to par with some of the recent DLC this community has recieved. They've set the bar high, so fingers crossed it will satisfy your needs.

Unfortunately, since Shorey's Travel closed down, 2 years ago, I don't really have access to a bus that I can record general (not engine) sounds from, but if you have a President you might be able to obtain some stuff for, do PM me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

As for planned engine sounds, the sound pack released for the ALX400 by MB Studio takes my interest and I am hoping we will be able to incorporate the ZF version of the sound pack into the FirstBus variant. As for the 2nd planned variant, the stock variant with a Euro 2 Voith lump, Tom Walker on YouTube has a decent WIP right now, and I'm hoping we will be able to use this.
Great news! It’s amazing to hear that you guys are still developing the bus. Can’t wait to hear for more updates.

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 57937

Looking nice, can't wait to see more updates in the future :)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread