PhysX in ETS2 (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

No I dont want to see this in the game. This is a truck simulator not GTA V. Scania , Volvo, Mercedes etc would not like to see their trucks in the game getting smashed.

It's a simulator though, so why shouldn't there be a simulation of accidents too? The brands don't want to see their trucks being smashed in real life but it still happens on unfortunate occasions!

I think this would definitely improve the simulation level of the game (maybe step down the number of times the driver flies out), so would be pretty cool to see in the future if SCS ever do it! :D

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
It's a simulator though, so why shouldn't there be a simulation of accidents too? The brands don't want to see their trucks being smashed in real life but it still happens on unfortunate occasions!

I think this would definitely improve the simulation level of the game (maybe step down the number of times the driver flies out), so would be pretty cool to see in the future if SCS ever do it! :D
I must agree. Even if I was a brand owner, the game is a simulator and should simulate. I'd love to see this, although I doubt it would ever happen due to the work needed. I also think the modders should invest in adding some seatbelts. :P

Reactions: Emfunksis

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
Nobody does, but it happens and this mod provides that realizm so that there is consequence to your actions, as there should be.

This isn't a mod though. This is just a pre-rendered physics thing, made to look as if it were ETS 2.
Also, I can't really say they did a good job with it either...

Anyhow, I'm not a huge fan of BeamNG-style crash physics in a game like ETS 2. The vehicles would just be a bit too weak. Try driving for a very long time with a car in BeamNG, it'll just be completly wrecked after a few hours, even if you don't crash into anything.

So I'm more in favour (if a damage model would ever be implemented) of pre-made damage models, sort of like Rig N' Roll had (but with sturdier trucks, so you really need to ram something at great speed to see damage and not like it looks like half your truck's f*cked after a 5 mph fender bender).

But I don't mind having no visual damage at all either. I don't really see the necessity of it in ETS 2.

Advertisement

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
Agree with you there, the damage in the video was a bit over the top! Something more realistic would be better :p
I'd have to disagree and say that the damage was unrealistic! At the speed the truck was moving, its momentum would have caused way more damage than was depicted.
But, ETS2 doesn't necessarily need damage—and if it does, pre-made damage models would do the trick. It worked in GTA: SA.

problem with this is if a crash happened in rotterdam for example then half the roads would be closed and besides we would either need more admins or a massive highway agency's team also alot of ppl would'nt be happy either but i would like it to come into the singleplayer at least.

Or just not have it in MP at all :P But I highly doubt ATS or ETS2 is ever going to get this, or if they are, it's going to be a long time from now but, I would love to see it!

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread