PC Specs issue (1 Viewer)

I have been wanting to fix my lag issues for some time now and we are getting near Christmas (and LONDON DLC) so I think now is a good time to get new parts! I am only averaging around 18FPS in OMSI (20-25FPS with BOTW) and around 25FPS in ETS2 with pro-mods. I would like to be able to get 50-60FPS with high-ultra-setting in ETS2 and possibly 30-40FPS in OMSI with decent settings. At the moment, I have OMSI on around minimum settings to medium settings, no high settings. In ETS2 I have all my setting on low :(.

What I have

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (Quad core I think)

8.00GB RAM (7.68 GB usable)

NO GRAPHICS CARD but built in HD Intel 4600 graphics

Mother board: Link to motherboard (H81M-ItX/WIFI) by ASrock

I know that I need a graphics card, would this solve the poor FPS? If not what would I need to upgrade?

I think this would be good for a graphics card (below) however I am not sure if it would fit my mother board, is there any way to check or is it generic?

Link to grpahics card: (https://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-oc-4gb-gddr5-graphics-card-768-core-1316mhz-gpu-1430mhz-boost?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiAmJvBBRDKpP724LigwngSJAAYRJXBf-XdL_e5V_z6J5L8PHsOZDrr33lGpE92dJLFZduNTxoCFyPw_wcB)

Even if you don’t know what is wrong I would be very grateful if you could post your PC specs below and possibly what FPS you get :D:). Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers

Danielc2525

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
In theory, that graphics card should give you somewhat improved performance, mainly with regard to texture loading. That's a pretty decent card, I'm considering getting one myself as an upgrade to my 750Ti.

As far as components go, yes all graphics cards are generic and use the same PCIe slot, but keep in mind that some will require an additional slot's worth of space for their fan, and some motherboards may have physical restrictions like daftly placed capacitors. The other thing to look out for is that some graphics cards need an additional 6-pin connector from the power supply, so you'll want to chack if you have one of those.

A safe choice is a 750Ti - it's pretty low-end by now but it still copes with 1080 reasonably well, and the great thing about most of them is that they don't have additional connectors and they don't have much overhang over the end of the slot. Obviously the other bonus of them is that they're dirt cheap. However, if you have the money to spend on a newer card and it will work with your pc, that'll stand you in much better stead for longer.

Reactions: Danielc2525

Advertisement

May 24, 2016
To be honest mate, the fact you don't have a Graphics Card is the problem. I'm sure you knew this anyway. Your system overall is fine, if anything the on-board graphics is the thing bottle-necking your system at the moment. A 1050 isn't a bad choice or anything but in my eyes it is a "cheap-out" solution. When I built my first rig many years ago now, I cheaped out and ended up loosing money doing so. I purchased parts and wanted a better experience so I more or less automatically replaced them. I'm not saying it won't do you well but sooner or later, you will want to take a step up in the ranks.

Now while I say this trying to convince you to get a higher end product, the card you have chosen isn't bad, and should get you roughly where you are trying to reach performance wise, but it would be nice to know: do you have a budget, and if so, what? Also are you a someone who plays only sims, or do you want to play other things? If so, what? Also, how small is your case, there is only so far you can go in terms of both size and air-flow?

I also noticed that they compared the card with a rather (what is now a) old card which is a dirty move from their position. While 50-60 in ETS2 isn't unrealistic with the card, I think hitting them ultra's are going a bit far tbh.

I'm going to put this bluntly: With whatever you get, you are going to be disappointing, it is just how computers work. Always set your mark a bit higher to cushion that disappointment.

Thanks for your reply @SatoshiAaron , yeah I did think that the graphics card was the issue which is why I wanted to get one soon and I am not sure which one to get.

I thought that this one would be a good choice as you don't need an external power supply in your computer, so you just plug it, screw it up and you should be good to go! (That is what I have been told from reviews ect.)

Yes I do have a budget of around £140.00-£150.00 which is why I thought that this card would fit in because I would then have a little bit of money to buy a new case as the card will not fit into my current case as it is to thin. This card also means that I will not need to buy a power supply. When I got my case 1.5 years ago I didn't really expect to be playing games on a high level so I bought a cheap/slim case however now I look back on it, I should have got a bigger case. I do have a bigger case now that I can use however I need to know if I can move the components inside of this pc to a new case easily? motherboard ect.

Yes I only play sims ETS2,ATS (when I get it), Stranded deep, OMSI, Beamng.drive, DiRT 3, World of subways 3 ect. no shooters or triple A games.

Yeah, I don't mind if the card doesn't hit ultra but I would like to play in high as at the moment I play on low in ETS and I get around 25FPS and when I turn the lights on I get around 17FPS :(
I do use pro-mods and I have been told that this can lower the FPS a bit, do you know?

cheers
Danielc2525

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
A GTX 1050 Ti is probably the best budget card available, it's perfectly capable of 1080@60fps on most titles when paired with a fairly decent processor (aka Intel), it completely blows the 750 Ti into oblivion, and has equivalent performance to the 960 while not requiring a 6-pin power supply, whereas my 750 Ti does.

Reactions: SatoshiAaron
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread