PC Help - Server busy message (1 Viewer)

Apr 16, 2016
As the title suggests I need a little help. This morning I started my computer as normal and opened OMSI editor and chrome. After steam completed its update a server busy message popped up with three options at the bottom: Switch to, retry and cancel (grayed out). I could not get rid of the message except through the tack manager. Also since the message came up youtube will load the web pages but the videos will not play. Also OMSI will not load and when i double click on the icon the blue circle will come up for about 1 second and the disappear and it will not load (any other program works normally).

I believe it may be because of steam trying to update itself every time I start OMSI but if anyone can help be solve this it will be appreciated.

Thomas

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
If you tell Steam not to start when you start your computer and then restart, does the problem go away? If so, the problem is related to Steam. If not, try restarting your router and/or hubs to identify if it is an issue there. If it's a Steam problem, I'd suggest going up to the top left and selecting "Check for Steam Client Updates" from the "Steam" menu. If that doesn't work, try changing your Download Region in the Steam settings to see if that fixes it. :)

Advertisement

Apr 16, 2016
If you tell Steam not to start when you start your computer and then restart, does the problem go away? If so, the problem is related to Steam. If not, try restarting your router and/or hubs to identify if it is an issue there. If it's a Steam problem, I'd suggest going up to the top left and selecting "Check for Steam Client Updates" from the "Steam" menu. If that doesn't work, try changing your Download Region in the Steam settings to see if that fixes it. :)

Steam is doing the same as OMSI when i clicked on it. Also how do i tell steam not to start straight away?

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, just restarted and i s5ill Cant Get onto steam but youtube is working. I am trYing to run as anministrator but this has froze my desKtop

You may need to uninstall and reinstall Steam, it sounds like something has become corrupted when Steam failed to update itself and is preventing it from running properly. :)

Apr 16, 2016
You may need to uninstall and reinstall Steam, it sounds like something has become corrupted when Steam failed to update itself and is preventing it from running properly. :)

I have tried to but the windows popup keeps freezing when I click on the uninstall button. Is there any other way of deleting steam without harming the OMSI directory.

Apr 16, 2016
This is what i got when trying to delete steam. Also when trying to install someing that requiers steam it will not install and freeze instead.

13393147_1716950545240081_1674694363_n.png

13393339_1716956568572812_1628704089_n.png

Advertisement

Apr 16, 2016
Use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of it. It'll run the standard uninstaller, then clean up mess afterwards allowing you  to cleanly reinstall the program.

Also you might want to keep that desktop a bit tidier, it's an absolute mess.

Ok. So i have downlord revo unistaller but the application will not open, same problem with steam, where the it will disappear of the download bar on google and it will not open in google chrome. This picture was take 20 minuets after i clicked on it and nothing has happend apart from the blue wheel appering.

View attachment 1975

Apr 16, 2016
Do you have your Windows 7 install disc or USB and product key? You might want to completely wipe it and start over cause it sounds like quite a lot is wrong with it. That said, what are you system specs?

I got my computer with windows 7 on it so i do not have a disk or USB. My PC specs are:

Windows 7 professional

Make: Acer Veriton M421G

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 425 Processor 2.70GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB (2.75GB usable)

System type: 32-bit Operating system

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly it might not even be worth it. But if you want to try and do this then make a note of the product key and go here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Burn this and install the 32-bit version, as your system may not support 64-bit. Which is why it might not be worth repairing, as it's very outdated. Then install as normal, remembering to back up your files as you will be formatting your hard drive. And keep it tidy this time please? This should solve your problem.

As an aside:

I had a look at your processor and it appears to be 3-core, but has a locked 4th core which can be unlocked BIOS. If you feel confident messing with the BIOS > Follow this and see what you can do: http://www.ocinside.de/workshop_en/amd_phenom_ii_unlock/3/

This won't solve your problem but I've noticed on some of your screens in AussieX you have an FPS counter and my god is it low. You only have 3GB of RAM of which 2.75GB is usable, suggesting there is 256MB dedicated to the onboard graphics, another bad point. The PC seems to be old anyway,

Apr 16, 2016
Update:

I have started windows in safe mode and disabled steam and other programs on start up and so far the computer is working fine.

I have also ran a virus checker and has come up with a virus called artimies...? which is known to disable components on computers.

Users who are viewing this thread