Fix Passengers Queuing in Road or AI Driving on Pavement on Left-Path Maps Solution! (1 Viewer)

A number of days ago, we were lucky to stumble across a supporter on the OMSI 2 Add-On London Facebook page who had given us a short tutorial in a fix which could change the way left path maps are developed in the future. I've tested the method out on London and it works phenomenally!

Ironically, the answer has been there all along, but the solution was hidden in the German section of the Official OMSI forums, a place most UK/HK Developers are unlikely to look in.

Synopsis
The current issue with left path maps generally is with setting the AI Buses to approach bus stops correctly. Currently, many of us developers only know how to achieve this by setting the "Entrance/Exit Number" of a bus stop cube to allow entries from the left hand side. However, this led to a compromising conflict caused by two methods which all left path map developers do, as explained below.

Option A: If the bus stop cube was placed by the kerb (which both Cotterell or BOTW currently utilises at request stops), then the AI would always mount the kerb when coming to a halt at the bus stop, this however would keep passengers on the paving area.

Option B: If the bus stop cube was placed outwards, more into the road, as London previously utilises, as well as the majority of left path maps, then passengers would walk out into the road prior to board the bus, however AI would remain on the road.

Below is a short tutorial explaining how to avoid both those issues stated above I'll be using Marble Arch, an area included in the add-on to explain the fix.

Tutorial

Step 1: The Global.cfg file
Locate the map folder that you wish to make this fix on, in my case, its "OMSI 2/Maps/London". Inside the map folder (London), look for "Global.cfg" and open it up, in a program such as Notepad/Notepad ++ etc...

Example_C.PNG

Once opened, you will need to add the variable tag [LHT] somewhere below the "NextIDCode". Save the document and close it.

Step 2: The Bus Stop Cube Position
Open up OMSI 2 Editor, click on a bus stop cube, and drag it so it's now placed by the kerb, similar to how you would with right hand path maps.

Example_A.PNG

Step 3: The Bus Stop Cube Options

Lastly, you will now need to open up the options for the bus stop cube (seen located underneath "Load Directory" on the right tab) and scroll down to where it says "Entrance/Exit Side". You would have noticed that by adding the [LHT] tag in the global.cfg file, it has reversed the entry/exit numbers for Left and Right. Ensure that the number is changed to "0".
Example_B.PNG

Press save, and continue to do the last two steps to each and every bus stop cube.

Below are the results of the fix tested out in the game with an AI Bus :)

Rhys

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Great discovery Rhys. I can't wait for London to come out as my man is getting it for my birthday!!!!!! Can't wait to drive the new route master and the other cool buses on London. For now, bye.

D

Deleted member 422

Great discovery Rhys. I can't wait for London to come out as my man is getting it for my birthday!!!!!! Can't wait to drive the new route master and the other cool buses on London. For now, bye.
There is no longer a NRM in the AddOn. It has been replaced. Also, seeing as there is no release date, you might have to wait a little longer...

Advertisement

Jan 10, 2017
A number of days ago, we were lucky to stumble across a supporter on the OMSI 2 Add-On London Facebook page who had given us a short tutorial in a fix which could change the way left path maps are developed in the future. I've tested the method out on London and it works phenomenally!

Ironically, the answer has been there all along, but the solution was hidden in the German section of the Official OMSI forums, a place most UK/HK Developers are unlikely to look in.

Synopsis
The current issue with left path maps generally is with setting the AI Buses to approach bus stops correctly. Currently, many of us developers only know how to achieve this by setting the "Entrance/Exit Number" of a bus stop cube to allow entries from the left hand side. However, this led to a compromising conflict caused by two methods which all left path map developers do, as explained below.

Option A: If the bus stop cube was placed by the kerb (which both Cotterell or BOTW currently utilises at request stops), then the AI would always mount the kerb when coming to a halt at the bus stop, this however would keep passengers on the paving area.

Option B: If the bus stop cube was placed outwards, more into the road, as London previously utilises, as well as the majority of left path maps, then passengers would walk out into the road prior to board the bus, however AI would remain on the road.

Below is a short tutorial explaining how to avoid both those issues stated above I'll be using Marble Arch, an area included in the add-on to explain the fix.

Tutorial

Step 1: The Global.cfg file
Locate the map folder that you wish to make this fix on, in my case, its "OMSI 2/Maps/London". Inside the map folder (London), look for "Global.cfg" and open it up, in a program such as Notepad/Notepad ++ etc...

View attachment 4964
Once opened, you will need to add the variable tag [LHT] somewhere below the "NextIDCode". Save the document and close it.

Step 2: The Bus Stop Cube Position
Open up OMSI 2 Editor, click on a bus stop cube, and drag it so it's now placed by the kerb, similar to how you would with right hand path maps.

View attachment 4960

Step 3: The Bus Stop Cube Options

Lastly, you will now need to open up the options for the bus stop cube (seen located underneath "Load Directory" on the right tab) and scroll down to where it says "Entrance/Exit Side". You would have noticed that by adding the [LHT] tag in the global.cfg file, it has reversed the entry/exit numbers for Left and Right. Ensure that the number is changed to "0".
View attachment 4961
Press save, and continue to do the last two steps to each and every bus stop cube.

Below are the results of the fix tested out in the game with an AI Bus :)

Rhys

This my friend is extremely useful.Thank you :)

Reactions: Rhys and MylesW
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread