Paint jobs

LUCASI_

Feb 6, 2014
The paint jobs are not looking like theyre suppose to. If I paint a truck black it looks black in the paint shop and at the options screen but in game it looks light grey. Same with all colors. Red is a pink color. Anyone know how to correct this?

germanicus12

Feb 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
You can always custom paint it in a darker color.

Though it won't work with Black but it should be fine with other colors.

LUCASI_

Feb 6, 2014
it was working just fine the other day. Colors were as they should be but now theyre all a lighter color for some reason. Even if I use the darkest color its always a real light color

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Have you got any errors in the game.log? That would normally explain the issue! ;)

WorldAdidas

Jan 11, 2014
Could be your graphics? I have same issue too but when i go Ultra+ its Black. +In realistic way, if you do pure black paint job you still get the lighter effect because of what Muzz said above.

WorldAdidas

Jan 11, 2014
also, if you could post up a picture on how it looks like in game after you painted whole black in the paint shop. That would be nice :) Thx

WorldAdidas

Jan 11, 2014
This is in game
That is because:

Firstly, It is not in game truck model, It is created by 3rd party.

Secondly: Its to do with the author and his skinning matter. Nobody can help you with. Either he set this to be like this OR he doesn't know about it.

However, I also think its to do with RBG to SCS sheme color coverter. And the lighting of the day.

OR MAYBE that is how originally the skin should have to look?

I hope somebody explain my point clearly because I can't explain in more detailed way :) Thanks. Hope it helped

Rec0rd

Feb 12, 2014
What are your game graphics set to? Also, do you have an FX Injector or ENB Series installed?