Our Christmas "Ultimate ETS2/ATS Rig" Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
In time for Christmas!

Intro:

I'm planning our Christmas giveaway and with enough backing we can make it truly spectacular. I've had an idea of doing this for a while and I would really appreciate your feedback. With help, I'm planning to build and giveaway an "Ultimate Euro & American Truck Simulator Rig" in time for Christmas and presumably American Truck Simulator, as the release date is rumored around that time.

So, what will this giveaway include?

As our previous giveaways have only been Steam keys and retail editions of Euro Truck Simulator 2, our Christmas giveaway will include (as a rough outline)

• A modern fully built custom gaming PC capable of running ETS2 and ATS.
  • A Logitech G27 Race wheel
  • Full version of ETS2 & ATS
A total cost of around £600 / $1000 including shipping to anywhere in the world.

The budget I'm aiming for is around £600/$1000.

I'm hoping this will be able to go to a good home this Christmas.

So, just to gain interest to see if it's worthwhile, who would actually support this giveaway and pledge £5 or more to help fund it?

I am thinking if payments are taken via PayPal, then It's a safer method of refunding your pledge if we don't reach the required funds to finish the project giveaway.

I'm also planning on doing video commentary's / regular updates so you can see the progress of the build.

So, if you're interested and interested in supporting, please reply to this thread and I will get the ball moving!

Muzz

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlady, 4D1L and Max

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I can pledge £60 to ship this rig to the winner anywhere in the world!

Nico1

ProMods developer
Dec 29, 2013
Hmm the budget is a bit tight tbh. I can provide the ats/ets2 keys if you want and maybe a small amount of funding (need to check the bank accounts first).

But keep in mind that a g27 is £200 and a good rig for ets2/ats will defo be £600 tbh.

But I like the idea ;)

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
Hmm the budget is a bit tight tbh. I can provide the ats/ets2 keys if you want and maybe a small amount of funding (need to check the bank accounts first).

But keep in mind that a g27 is £200 and a good rig for ets2/ats will defo be £600 tbh.

But I like the idea ;)
Cheers Nico.

The budget is tight yes but I think I can pull it off if I source the parts directly from suppliers and search the net for good deals, rather than just buying it all at one place. That's what I did with my rig and I saved almost half a grand!

I've been looking at parts and I think an i5 setup is the way to go. More than capable of running ETS/ATS but not so powerful that it would break the budget :)

Thanks for the input though, it's appreciated!

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
I will Pledge £30 for now. I'll pay when I can use the stairs in my Building. I may pledge another £30 when I get back to work in September.

MegaATVLover

Feb 4, 2014
I will gladly support this just as soon as I get a couple things for myself first... Farming sim 15 collectors edition, here I come. After that I will pledge as much as I can...

Reactions: Muzz

Poptart

Jan 21, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I would say as a suggestion that if you want an entry to the contest, you could donate some money, you wouldn't get nearly as many entries, but that would help the funding of the rig, and potentially help the site as well. Also, I doubt you need this, just wanted to help, but here is a build that I built for my roommate a few months back, and would satisfy your budget with the wheel included. It has a GTX 650 TI boost in it, right before they were discontinued. Below is the link to the parts used:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Poptart/saved/hhTnTW

It was geared to be price versus performance pc, getting the most value out of parts. The only change I made to build was the video card, and did not include the 200 mm fans pictured below. The good part of a r9 270 is that you can overclock it to make it as fast as a r9 270x, while saving money.

Here are some pics!
View attachment 391 View attachment 392

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I would say as a suggestion that if you want an entry to the contest, you could donate some money, you wouldn't get nearly as many entries, but that would help the funding of the rig, and potentially help the site as well. Also, I doubt you need this, just wanted to help, but here is a build that I built for my roommate a few months back, and would satisfy your budget with the wheel included. It has a GTX 650 TI boost in it, right before they were discontinued. Below is the link to the parts used:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Poptart/saved/hhTnTW

It was geared to be price versus performance pc, getting the most value out of parts. The only change I made to build was the video card, and did not include the 200 mm fans pictured below. The good part of a r9 270 is that you can overclock it to make it as fast as a r9 270x, while saving money.

Here are some pics!
View attachment 391 View attachment 392
That's a massive help @Poptart , great specs and very capable of running ETS2 & ATS, and well within the budget!

Reactions: Poptart

mooby346

Jul 26, 2014
Is this something where you would be trying to build a rig using only new parts, or would you be open to certain donations of gently used parts? I've got an old GTX 650 that I've stashed since I upgraded to a 760, I used the 650 for about a year (from when I built my rig in Apr '13 to May this year) and I have it wrapped in the original plastic/box that it came in. If you want to use only new parts, I can definitely understand as I don't trust used electronics myself, but if you want it I definitely don't mind donating it.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
Is this something where you would be trying to build a rig using only new parts, or would you be open to certain donations of gently used parts? I've got an old GTX 650 that I've stashed since I upgraded to a 760, I used the 650 for about a year (from when I built my rig in Apr '13 to May this year) and I have it wrapped in the original plastic/box that it came in. If you want to use only new parts, I can definitely understand as I don't trust used electronics myself, but if you want it I definitely don't mind donating it.
Thank you for the generous offer!

Any donations are welcome, even if they don't fit in to this certain build they can be used for future giveaways :)

Thanks again!

Lasse Larsen

Jun 12, 2014
If i could i would donate, but I'm not allowed to by my dad
(Young fan/member)
But I'll try to ask him if i can donate $20

Jun 9, 2014
An awesome Idea.
I wish I could help, but I'm actually low on money at the moment..

When ever I can, and IF this even is a sure thing, I will try to help for sure ;)

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
If i could i would donate, but I'm not allowed to by my dad
(Young fan/member)
But I'll try to ask him if i can donate $20
That's no problem :) thank you for the interest !

An awesome Idea.
I wish I could help, but I'm actually low on money at the moment..

When ever I can, and IF this even is a sure thing, I will try to help for sure ;)

Thank you!

We'll let you know if we decide to do this. Just trying to get some feedback ATM :)

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
I like the idea of this, although I have no money to pledge. If this gets started, I won't enter because I already have a rig that can run both of these games! Plus, dorm life is right around the corner. Good luck with this!

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Great Idea Muzz!! Keep us posted on whats going on with it and any help that you may need. Sadly, I cant donate anything.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
I like the idea of this, although I have no money to pledge. If this gets started, I won't enter because I already have a rig that can run both of these games! Plus, dorm life is right around the corner. Good luck with this!
Great Idea Muzz!! Keep us posted on whats going on with it and any help that you may need. Sadly, I cant donate anything.
Thank you both!

Reactions: Speedy

Amko

Jun 20, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
Am sorry that i cant support it..but really good idea m8 ,hope that will get some1 who really need it...And please if some1 have extra ets2 or not playing anymore...to send me pm...am tired of demos

Last edited:

carbon

Dec 29, 2013
Great idea! I'll have to see how much spare cash I have lying about and I'll try and put some of that forward. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.