Optare Versa (1 Viewer)

benhxrris

Creator of 'The Hamptons'
Jan 23, 2018
Launched in 2006, at the Euro Bus Expo in Birmingham, which lead to the first order of 25 buses by Stagecoach in 2007, over 800 Optare Versa have been produced nationwide since. With its elegant design and a large sweeping front windscreen, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see this bus around my OMSI maps.

In 2010, the Versa turned Hybrid which lead to a number being purchased by Travel de Courcey, closely followed by Transport for Manchester who ordered a fleet of 68. In 2014, First York purchased a fleet of 12 fully Electric Versa to service their Park and Ride services.

Do you have Optare Versa where you are?

Image 1: Stagecoach, Blackpool
Image 2: Arriva, Surrey
Image 3: GoAhead, London
Image 4: MetroShuttle, Manchester
Image 5: Trent Barton, Nottingham
Image 6: First, York

Attachments

• Blackpool.jpg
    Blackpool.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Guildford.jpg
    Guildford.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 230
  • London.jpg
    London.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 207
  • Manchester.jpg
    Manchester.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 182
  • Nottingham.jpg
    Nottingham.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 164
  • York.jpg
    York.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 158

Advertisement

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
Versa's are great buses, probably the best buses from optare. The drive well, smooth gearboxes, sound nice, look good, practical and have very nice dashboards, over all i can't fault them. :)
yes thats so true went on a london united versa and i love them

May 26, 2017
I would love for someone to build this for OMSI 2 they are the only buses that run the route near me! I love them but whoever made it would have to make sure the breaks always squeak really loud like they do! Fingers crossed someone will make a versa! Also another good bus to come with it would be the Solo!

Advertisement

Some went to Arriva Trunbridge Wells and NEC Tonbridge (now closed) as the routes which Tunbridge Wells are better suited for the Optare Versa's such as the 6X route which now runs Enviro 200MMC's and Versa's, or the 402 or the 7. How Ever Arriva TW also transferred i think 4 Versa's maybe a few more to Arriva Guildford in return for a few extra coaches for NEC, as the 402 route was shortened so there was no longer a need for them (now they regret the transfer). They run fine and drivers love them mostly, very reliable and practical and smooth. The joys of also being a Local lad and knowing some drivers and managers :D

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread