Optare Versa (3 Viewers)

We've recently had Versas on the X6/X7/X20 and they're very nice for their age in comparison to the far newer Solos that normally operate it.
1570571698681.jpeg

1570571720822.jpeg

Previously, Versas have operated round here on the 60 and 61. They seem to handle basically any route they're put on

Advertisement

Apr 15, 2020
At the moment where I am, Arriva Yorkshire are currently refurbishing the ex Flying Tiger Versas to Sapphire spec for use at Castleford depot on services 167/168. I believe 2 or 3 are on the road at the moment, 1 is in refurbishment and 1 still in Flying Tiger livery with Yorkshire Tiger. Here's a photo on flickr of one of the Sapphire versa's. Not my photo but credit to Deano who took the photo, I must say they look really nice in the livery.

Arriva Yorkshire 791 | Deano Deano | Flickr

Reactions: FD&CO

Advertisement

I would love for someone to build this for OMSI 2 they are the only buses that run the route near me! I love them but whoever made it would have to make sure the breaks always squeak really loud like they do! Fingers crossed someone will make a versa! Also another good bus to come with it would be the Solo!
I would love someone to make a Versa for Omsi2 too. My son who has Autism absolutely loves them.

Reactions: FD&CO
When I was growing up, I used to regularly take the 10 through Watford, which either an Optare Versa (see Flickr link) or a Wright Cadet turned up.

Then my family moved to Hampshire, where there was a bus company called Fleet Buzz which operated as a subsidiary of Stagecoach South franchise for a few years. There were four Versa's the company leased (when it was independent) and upon Stagecoach's acquisation, they branded them with slogans on the back such as "sounds like a plan says Stan." When it demised Stagecoach sold off the Versas elsewhere.

Speaking of Fleet Buzz Versas...
we have some in Northampton too
View attachment 31432
...you've stolen our buses! ????

Advertisement

I would love for someone to build this for OMSI 2 they are the only buses that run the route near me! I love them but whoever made it would have to make sure the breaks always squeak really loud like they do! Fingers crossed someone will make a versa! Also another good bus to come with it would be the Solo!
i may or not be hehe
Post automatically merged:

WIP

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread