Optare Versa

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.
  • Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

Would you like to see Optare Versa in OMSI?

• Total voters

benhxrris

Creator of 'The Hamptons' & PT Driver for ArrivaSC
Jan 23, 2018
Launched in 2006, at the Euro Bus Expo in Birmingham, which lead to the first order of 25 buses by Stagecoach in 2007, over 800 Optare Versa have been produced nationwide since. With its elegant design and a large sweeping front windscreen, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see this bus around my OMSI maps.

In 2010, the Versa turned Hybrid which lead to a number being purchased by Travel de Courcey, closely followed by Transport for Manchester who ordered a fleet of 68. In 2014, First York purchased a fleet of 12 fully Electric Versa to service their Park and Ride services.

Do you have Optare Versa where you are?

Image 1: Stagecoach, Blackpool
Image 2: Arriva, Surrey
Image 3: GoAhead, London
Image 4: MetroShuttle, Manchester
Image 5: Trent Barton, Nottingham
Image 6: First, York

Attachments

T0330

Feb 27, 2017
Hi, I would love to see this new optare versa. I love this British bus manufacturer and particularly the Allison gearbox. I've also voted.

Also another good bus to come with it would be the Solo
Well some good news, a solo is already available for OMSI 2 :). I posted a thread somewhere on here a few years ago offering to pay somebody to build one, but it seemed that nobody was interested. Then strangely enough, I took a break from OMSI 2 for a year or so and when I finally returned, I discovered somebody had made one!! Whether somebody had read the thread and it inspired them or if it was purely coincidental I've no idea. But I've got the optare solo installed in my game and it's a pleasure to drive. My only gripe is the detail; I wish they had a functional dashboard instead of static textures and the interior is on the cartoony side, but the sounds are spot on. I can't even remember where I downloaded it from, but if you're interested in using it, let me know.

Again, would love the versa made, but as long as the details are there.

NatE400

Oct 28, 2016
since the 65 isn't really operated by High Peak Buses anymore - these versa's have been seen on other services. Such as TP (Transpeak), 394 (Glossop-Stepping Hill Hospital) and even on Rail Replacements from Manchester and Stockport. I like the livery, even though it copies transpeak, i like it. Pictured in Glossop on 21/12/18... a versa would be great, so all the luck if you do!
Screenshot_20181221-133251.png