Optare Versa (1 Viewer)

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

Would you like to see Optare Versa in OMSI?

• Total voters

benhxrris

Creator of 'The Hamptons'
Launched in 2006, at the Euro Bus Expo in Birmingham, which lead to the first order of 25 buses by Stagecoach in 2007, over 800 Optare Versa have been produced nationwide since. With its elegant design and a large sweeping front windscreen, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see this bus around my OMSI maps.

In 2010, the Versa turned Hybrid which lead to a number being purchased by Travel de Courcey, closely followed by Transport for Manchester who ordered a fleet of 68. In 2014, First York purchased a fleet of 12 fully Electric Versa to service their Park and Ride services.

Do you have Optare Versa where you are?

Image 1: Stagecoach, Blackpool
Image 2: Arriva, Surrey
Image 3: GoAhead, London
Image 4: MetroShuttle, Manchester
Image 5: Trent Barton, Nottingham
Image 6: First, York

Attachments

Advertisement

seanc891

Ipswich Buses have a few optare versa too i'd love to have one driving around my new Ipswich map currently under development by my team at Nanny Goat Games :)
35544456825_0128e5d5a8_b.jpg

jonathonlawrence_316

Versa's are great buses, probably the best buses from optare. The drive well, smooth gearboxes, sound nice, look good, practical and have very nice dashboards, over all i can't fault them. :)

Reactions: benhxrris
I would love for someone to build this for OMSI 2 they are the only buses that run the route near me! I love them but whoever made it would have to make sure the breaks always squeak really loud like they do! Fingers crossed someone will make a versa! Also another good bus to come with it would be the Solo!

Myles W

Veteran Member
It would just be nice to see more *legit* single decker buses as there are hardly any for the omsi uk community.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Cameron's Gaming

We've recently had Versas on the X6/X7/X20 and they're very nice for their age in comparison to the far newer Solos that normally operate it.
1570571698681.jpeg

1570571720822.jpeg

Previously, Versas have operated round here on the 60 and 61. They seem to handle basically any route they're put on

Paul.G

Never been on one and don't really like the look of it but il welcome more uk buses to OMSI anyday :

Members viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)