Buses Optare Tempo (Cancelled due to data loss) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After many attempts of Blender and giving up after only 5 minutes of using it. I decided to use lockdown to improve on myself and I'm at a stage where I think (unlike my previous threads) I am able to produce a final product.
I'd like to state this is extremely, extremely WIP. It is going to be working on extensively and I appreciate all feedback.

There aren't really any high quality Optare vehicles in OMSI. I understand there is a Solo in development so I've decided to pick a 'infamous' vehicle from their older product line, the Optare Tempo. This bus was offered in several length variants and was seen commonly around the UK.

FAQ:

Will you produce all variants?

I aim to, it really depends on how much time I have on my hands.

Didn't you attempt an Optare Tempo a few years ago?
Yes I did, with absolutely 0 experience with Blender but I have long improved and aim to keep improving with constructive criticism and the odd tips.

Can I beta test?
Unlikely, sorry.

Will there be a Dual Door version?
Most likely yes, however I will prioritise the one door version first.

Release Date
Long time, don't ask.

1604239410644.png

1604259060031.png

Started development on an Optare Tempo. The bottom front needs curving more towards the doors which is a pain to do!

Last edited:
I'd recommend using some blueprints from the-blueprints.com, I tried having a go at a marshall dart recently to see how my blender skills were and I found a blueprint there and there's a good few optare ones on it too. Your work that you did looks great :)
Only big problem with T-B-P . com is the bloody cost of some of the blue prints and some of the bus ones are not toally accurate allot of them are but some are not I Find bus blueprints can be a pain in the a**e to find :/

Advertisement

blahjason

Developer of the Optare Solo
Oct 23, 2016
Only big problem with T-B-P . com is the bloody cost of some of the blue prints and some of the bus ones are not toally accurate allot of them are but some are not I Find bus blueprints can be a pain in the a**e to find :/
Originally I was following blueprints from that website, however, the Tempo blueprint had a really inaccurate and hard to work on front.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North

They also hold the design rights to the Metrobus by MCW, which I tried to ask them for a low quality drawing just for personal use. Of course, that wasn’t going to happen, even though it’s obsolete. I found Scania to be more than helpful, as they deal with a lot of requests.

Originally I was following blueprints from that website, however, the Tempo blueprint had a really inaccurate and hard to work on front.
Exactly my point bud !
They also hold the design rights to the Metrobus by MCW, which I tried to ask them for a low quality drawing just for personal use. Of course, that wasn’t going to happen, even though it’s obsolete. I found Scania to be more than helpful, as they deal with a lot of requests.
Yeah it really get's to me why company's won't help for gods sake it's not giving away trade secret's nor will you be giving them to companies to try rebuild there buses ! They should be willing to help people as to project a good image on the company just as Scania are for you :)

Reactions: OmniWink

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
A good start, the rebuild is certainly looking better than the last build. However, I'm still not completely sold on the front.
1604784944150.png

It looks like the windscreen should be wider and come up a lot closer to the edges of the body .
The windscreen also needs to be pulled up a bit, as bumper also looks like it has been shifted down a lot more. Look at the relationship between that window on the side and where your windscreen ends, it comes down a little too far. Also look at the placement of the numberplate and the engraving around it for reference, does need to be moved up a little.

Otherwise, a good start.

Reactions: rampant

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
A solid improvement, especially around the bumper area. A couple things you could improve on, though:
1605030050711.png

The top corners of your windscreen need to be a lot more square, and the part of body above the windscreen looks like it could be taller too, aswell as the little bulge atop that. The way the windscreen curves inwards as it goes to the top looks like it's a little too steep on your model, although it only should need little correction.

Some other small things I've noticed.

Your mirrors
Generally, these are good. Mirrors usually have a small cylinder coming out of them that the mirror arms skewer though, you may want to look into adding that!
Your mirror arms would be better off being formed using a curve instead of a mesh - take a look at this tutorial:

You'll need to convert this back into a mesh before exporting, but that is not hard at all.

1605030569426.png

The surround of that little window infront of the door curves around the top whereas yours just comes up to a point, this isn't hard to fix at all. Also, you should be able to see what I mean with the mirrors now.

Looking good everywhere else though, pop me a Discord DM if any help is required

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread