Buses Optare Tempo (Cancelled due to data loss) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After many attempts of Blender and giving up after only 5 minutes of using it. I decided to use lockdown to improve on myself and I'm at a stage where I think (unlike my previous threads) I am able to produce a final product.
I'd like to state this is extremely, extremely WIP. It is going to be working on extensively and I appreciate all feedback.

There aren't really any high quality Optare vehicles in OMSI. I understand there is a Solo in development so I've decided to pick a 'infamous' vehicle from their older product line, the Optare Tempo. This bus was offered in several length variants and was seen commonly around the UK.

FAQ:

Will you produce all variants?

I aim to, it really depends on how much time I have on my hands.

Didn't you attempt an Optare Tempo a few years ago?
Yes I did, with absolutely 0 experience with Blender but I have long improved and aim to keep improving with constructive criticism and the odd tips.

Can I beta test?
Unlikely, sorry.

Will there be a Dual Door version?
Most likely yes, however I will prioritise the one door version first.

Release Date
Long time, don't ask.

1604239410644.png

1604259060031.png

Started development on an Optare Tempo. The bottom front needs curving more towards the doors which is a pain to do!

Last edited:

Advertisement

blahjason

Developer of the Optare Solo
Oct 23, 2016
Good luck with this! I'm will follow this! We have Tempos in Yorkshire great buses! All the best.
Thanks, I'm waiting on a thread to be approved for it. But in the mean time, I got bored and UV Wrapped the Tempo. The main things needing to be done is the rear (obviously), sort out some of the angles in terms of the side windows as they slope too much and curve the front a bit more at the bottom.

1604248159815.png

Emmanuel Conteh

I’m building a map
May 11, 2019
Thanks, I'm waiting on a thread to be approved for it. But in the mean time, I got bored and UV Wrapped the Tempo. The main things needing to be done is the rear (obviously), sort out some of the angles in terms of the side windows as they slope too much and curve the front a bit more at the bottom.

View attachment 73746
Looks nice so far, good luck!

Reactions: blahjason

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
The attached screenshot below is still a large WIP. This is not the final product, this is going to be worked on extensively. All feedback welcome.

1604259093561.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ELT2003

Advertisement

Advertisement

BKG93

Member of Studio Polygon
Jan 2, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Pronouns
He/Him
Update:
After acquiring some detailed blueprints, I will begin to rebuild the entire body from scratch. I originally had built off of purely reference pictures, so I aim to get this almost identical. Will keep you updated!
If you've modelled it from perpendicular pictures (ie 90 degrees to the vehicle), you'd be better off using them. Blueprints however detailed are usually not quite as accurate as the thing itself, but you do have to take into account the photo perspective.

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
If you've modelled it from perpendicular pictures (ie 90 degrees to the vehicle), you'd be better off using them. Blueprints however detailed are usually not quite as accurate as the thing itself, but you do have to take into account the photo perspective.
I had modelled it off of perpendicular front and rear images. However, did not have perpendicular images of the sides, so used blueprints for the sides too make sure I got a correct length.

The blueprints provided are okay, but, very blurry in zooming in making it almost impossible to align and work off at the minute.

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
these any use?
View attachment 73825
View attachment 73826
I know one is old-style (o/s grille) and one new-style (n/s grille) but I think the rest of the vehicle is the same.
These could be useful. Thank you.

No promises but aim to provide a picture later in the evening. Unlike my previous model, I don't want to rush this version.

Reactions: rampant and iiBus

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread