Buses Optare Tempo (Cancelled due to data loss) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After many attempts of Blender and giving up after only 5 minutes of using it. I decided to use lockdown to improve on myself and I'm at a stage where I think (unlike my previous threads) I am able to produce a final product.
I'd like to state this is extremely, extremely WIP. It is going to be working on extensively and I appreciate all feedback.

There aren't really any high quality Optare vehicles in OMSI. I understand there is a Solo in development so I've decided to pick a 'infamous' vehicle from their older product line, the Optare Tempo. This bus was offered in several length variants and was seen commonly around the UK.

FAQ:

Will you produce all variants?

I aim to, it really depends on how much time I have on my hands.

Didn't you attempt an Optare Tempo a few years ago?
Yes I did, with absolutely 0 experience with Blender but I have long improved and aim to keep improving with constructive criticism and the odd tips.

Can I beta test?
Unlikely, sorry.

Will there be a Dual Door version?
Most likely yes, however I will prioritise the one door version first.

Release Date
Long time, don't ask.

1604239410644.png

1604259060031.png

Started development on an Optare Tempo. The bottom front needs curving more towards the doors which is a pain to do!

Last edited:

blahjason

Good luck with this! I'm will follow this! We have Tempos in Yorkshire great buses! All the best.
Thanks, I'm waiting on a thread to be approved for it. But in the mean time, I got bored and UV Wrapped the Tempo. The main things needing to be done is the rear (obviously), sort out some of the angles in terms of the side windows as they slope too much and curve the front a bit more at the bottom.

1604248159815.png

blahjason

The attached screenshot below is still a large WIP. This is not the final product, this is going to be worked on extensively. All feedback welcome.

1604259093561.png

Last edited:
Reactions: thegamer7893

Bobby567

Creator of the Yorkshire Reds Repaint Pack
Looking forward to this mate, by the way, are you going to make the Optare Tempo SR X1200? :)

Advertisement

liam89

looks well good we have quite a few of these at arriva castleford depot before they go to yorkshire tiger

kaliwax

looks well good we have quite a few of these at arriva castleford depot before they go to yorkshire tiger

1307,1311 and 1312 now. I live not far from Cas depot. Tempos usually on my route 187. Do you know what happening with the flying tiger versas? As they was meant to be coming to Cas and sapphire for 168/167

liam89

there still coming to castleford far as i know as they taken the new 163 selby to leeds route think they gone off for referb

BKG93

BKG Studios
Update:
After acquiring some detailed blueprints, I will begin to rebuild the entire body from scratch. I originally had built off of purely reference pictures, so I aim to get this almost identical. Will keep you updated!
If you've modelled it from perpendicular pictures (ie 90 degrees to the vehicle), you'd be better off using them. Blueprints however detailed are usually not quite as accurate as the thing itself, but you do have to take into account the photo perspective.

blahjason

If you've modelled it from perpendicular pictures (ie 90 degrees to the vehicle), you'd be better off using them. Blueprints however detailed are usually not quite as accurate as the thing itself, but you do have to take into account the photo perspective.
I had modelled it off of perpendicular front and rear images. However, did not have perpendicular images of the sides, so used blueprints for the sides too make sure I got a correct length.

The blueprints provided are okay, but, very blurry in zooming in making it almost impossible to align and work off at the minute.

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Downloads Moderator
I'd recommend using some blueprints from the-blueprints.com, I tried having a go at a marshall dart recently to see how my blender skills were and I found a blueprint there and there's a good few optare ones on it too. Your work that you did looks great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread