Buses Optare Solo 8.8m (M880) [Slimline] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know what you guys are going to think when I say I have started this in Google Sketchup, but I personally think it is a good program for starter projects such as this. I plan to release this to the community once it is good enough.

FAQ’s:

Q: What Variant are you releasing?
A:
For now, the M880, I will be starting a M850 soon!

Q: What length(s) are you releasing?

A: For now, I am only creating the M880, but I may release others depending on the buses success.

Q: Why use Google Sketchup?

A: I’m using this program as I believe it is good for people like me who are new to the world of bus development, I know a lot of people and possibly even me have moaned at developers for using this program but I don’t really mind what others think.

Q: Will you be showing us from time to time the bus in Blender?

A: I may if people would like that. I would just need to learn more on how to do this.

Q: Can I be a Beta Tester?

A: Absolutely… NOT. I will be picking out a team of trusted people when I feel this bus is ready for Beta Release, and currently it is nowhere near.

Q: When is the Planned Release?

A: Currently, even I am unaware of this at the minute, I will be able to confirm a date closer to release (Which will be about two weeks prior to the release.

Q: Can I become a member of the development team?

A: At the moment, no. If I feel I need help within the project, I will privately ask an experienced member for help.

Q: Can we see some pictures of it so far?

A: Yes!

Development Pictures:

1.PNG
2.PNG
4.PNG

(Side Note: I know that I will have to get rid of the rear colour in the lights)

I will be posting pictures of my overall development each weekday (So not Weekends)

Please give me any constructive criticism that will help me improve this.

Thanks,

The British Gamer

Last edited:

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
Sorry, no update today because I have had personal life stuff to focus on this week. There will be an update earlier than next Friday, however.

Also, it's terrible, but I have created myself a website: Mysite (It's also in my signature)
You might wanna make the text white on your Website so we can actually read it :P

Advertisement

Oct 24, 2016
Cymru
I just don't think that I'm quite ready to delve into the word of bus modelling completely, I might continue with it depending on other people's thoughts.

Honestly you need to decide if you want to continue the project - it shouldn’t really be up to anyone else.

If you stopped then it’ll be a shame but use it all as a learning experience for when you feel ready to step back into the breach

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Honestly you need to decide if you want to continue the project - it shouldn’t really be up to anyone else.

If you stopped then it’ll be a shame but use it all as a learning experience for when you feel ready to step back into the breach
I 100% agree with @Cauterize1750. You can be the only one who determines what to do with the project. You can take advice from others, but ultimately it's up to you on what the final say is. It'll be a shame for you to throw in the towel so early. However, I think that if you are to continue bus modelling, you have to be prepared for any obstacle and challenge, and always picture the end goal. It's what will keep you going.

I could've easily given up on my current project several times, especially when I dealt with quite a load of challenges in my personal life, and in the OMSI world. However, I always remember the main reason why I started developing and that's always my drive and motivation.

Have a think on it, before making any rash decisions. Also try to not think aloud online, as people may misconstrue your thoughts as factual statements.

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016

I 100% agree with @Cauterize1750. You can be the only one who determines what to do with the project. You can take advice from others, but ultimately it's up to you on what the final say is. It'll be a shame for you to throw in the towel so early. However, I think that if you are to continue bus modelling, you have to be prepared for any obstacle and challenge, and always picture the end goal. It's what will keep you going.

I could've easily given up on my current project several times, especially when I dealt with quite a load of challenges in my personal life, and in the OMSI world. However, I always remember the main reason why I started developing and that's always my drive and motivation.

Have a think on it, before making any rash decisions. Also try to not think aloud online, as people may misconstrue your thoughts as factual statements.
Thank you Rhys and @Cauterize1750 for the motivation. I will be continuing with the bus. I have not made any progress this week (sorry!) I will update you guys next week! Yours, Myles W (The British Gamer)

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
It's been a while. I am not going to deny that. I only have some small progress, but to me it seems large. I have started on the interior, and my main focus has been the cab. I might be continuing my development in Blender (as I got a new pc for christmas).
1548086238175.png

I have also started the rear seating area (although there's no seats there at the moment.
1548086285923.png

Enjoy and I can't wait to hear your feedback!

Olllie

A fellow carbon based life form.
Mar 25, 2017
It's been a while. I am not going to deny that. I only have some small progress, but to me it seems large. I have started on the interior, and my main focus has been the cab. I might be continuing my development in Blender (as I got a new pc for christmas).
View attachment 40676
I have also started the rear seating area (although there's no seats there at the moment.
View attachment 40677
Enjoy and I can't wait to hear your feedback!

Really good progress mate, starting to take shape now. Keep up the good work! On :):)

Advertisement

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Hi guys. It’s been a while since I posted in this thread, and in that time I have decided to keep the project development private. I will also be restarting the bus in blender as I wasn’t happy enough with the quality and you guys clearly weren’t either. Please can somebody lock this thread. I hope you understand why I am doing this. My map, Ambridge will still be continued however.

Reactions: RS1995

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Hi guys. It’s been a while since I posted in this thread, and in that time I have decided to keep the project development private. I will also be restarting the bus in blender as I wasn’t happy enough with the quality and you guys clearly weren’t either. Please can somebody lock this thread. I hope you understand why I am doing this. My map, Ambridge will still be continued however.
That is what Im doing with my Profile. Its a big learning curve but worth every bit!
Wish you the best of luck with the development

Reactions: Albastru and MylesW
So it’s still being developed, but we won’t get updates publicly?

Reactions: MylesW
Thats what "I have decided to keep the project development private" usually means. :rolleyes:
Yeah well...ok there’s nothing I can say

@The British Gamer Never give up, FirstEnviro and his MMC didn’t start perfectly, plus I’m starting a new bus project this evening after some random test builds in blender yesterday and 2 hours of Discord, so I’ll be learning the difficulties (cough animations) soon aswell

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread