Buses Optare Solo 8.8m (M880) [Slimline]

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

Cauterize1750

#Duuuval
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I just don't think that I'm quite ready to delve into the word of bus modelling completely, I might continue with it depending on other people's thoughts.
Honestly you need to decide if you want to continue the project - it shouldn’t really be up to anyone else.

If you stopped then it’ll be a shame but use it all as a learning experience for when you feel ready to step back into the breach

Rhys

Veteran Member
Mar 20, 2016
Honestly you need to decide if you want to continue the project - it shouldn’t really be up to anyone else.

If you stopped then it’ll be a shame but use it all as a learning experience for when you feel ready to step back into the breach
I 100% agree with @Cauterize1750. You can be the only one who determines what to do with the project. You can take advice from others, but ultimately it's up to you on what the final say is. It'll be a shame for you to throw in the towel so early. However, I think that if you are to continue bus modelling, you have to be prepared for any obstacle and challenge, and always picture the end goal. It's what will keep you going.

I could've easily given up on my current project several times, especially when I dealt with quite a load of challenges in my personal life, and in the OMSI world. However, I always remember the main reason why I started developing and that's always my drive and motivation.

Have a think on it, before making any rash decisions. Also try to not think aloud online, as people may misconstrue your thoughts as factual statements.

The British Gamer

Your local Streetlite veg 😉
Dec 29, 2016

I 100% agree with @Cauterize1750. You can be the only one who determines what to do with the project. You can take advice from others, but ultimately it's up to you on what the final say is. It'll be a shame for you to throw in the towel so early. However, I think that if you are to continue bus modelling, you have to be prepared for any obstacle and challenge, and always picture the end goal. It's what will keep you going.

I could've easily given up on my current project several times, especially when I dealt with quite a load of challenges in my personal life, and in the OMSI world. However, I always remember the main reason why I started developing and that's always my drive and motivation.

Have a think on it, before making any rash decisions. Also try to not think aloud online, as people may misconstrue your thoughts as factual statements.
Thank you Rhys and @Cauterize1750 for the motivation. I will be continuing with the bus. I have not made any progress this week (sorry!) I will update you guys next week! Yours, Myles W (The British Gamer)

The British Gamer

Dec 29, 2016
It's been a while. I am not going to deny that. I only have some small progress, but to me it seems large. I have started on the interior, and my main focus has been the cab. I might be continuing my development in Blender (as I got a new pc for christmas).
1548086238175.png

I have also started the rear seating area (although there's no seats there at the moment.
1548086285923.png

Enjoy and I can't wait to hear your feedback!

Olllie

A fellow carbon based life form.
Mar 25, 2017
It's been a while. I am not going to deny that. I only have some small progress, but to me it seems large. I have started on the interior, and my main focus has been the cab. I might be continuing my development in Blender (as I got a new pc for christmas).
View attachment 40676
I have also started the rear seating area (although there's no seats there at the moment.
View attachment 40677
Enjoy and I can't wait to hear your feedback!

Really good progress mate, starting to take shape now. Keep up the good work! On :):)

The British Gamer

Dec 29, 2016
Hi guys. It’s been a while since I posted in this thread, and in that time I have decided to keep the project development private. I will also be restarting the bus in blender as I wasn’t happy enough with the quality and you guys clearly weren’t either. Please can somebody lock this thread. I hope you understand why I am doing this. My map, Ambridge will still be continued however.

Reactions: smi11083827

georgeloxton02

Omnidekka anyone?
Apr 20, 2018
Hi guys. It’s been a while since I posted in this thread, and in that time I have decided to keep the project development private. I will also be restarting the bus in blender as I wasn’t happy enough with the quality and you guys clearly weren’t either. Please can somebody lock this thread. I hope you understand why I am doing this. My map, Ambridge will still be continued however.
That is what Im doing with my Profile. Its a big learning curve but worth every bit!
Wish you the best of luck with the development

HD Transport

Where's the lamb sauce???
Oct 4, 2017
So it’s still being developed, but we won’t get updates publicly?

Reactions: The British Gamer

HD Transport

Where's the lamb sauce???
Oct 4, 2017
Thats what "I have decided to keep the project development private" usually means. :rolleyes:
Yeah well...ok there’s nothing I can say

@The British Gamer Never give up, FirstEnviro and his MMC didn’t start perfectly, plus I’m starting a new bus project this evening after some random test builds in blender yesterday and 2 hours of Discord, so I’ll be learning the difficulties (cough animations) soon aswell