Buses Temporarily On Hold | Optare Excel (1 Viewer)

This project is now temporarily on hold so I can focus on my main project which is the Optare Solo. This is primarily because I have access to a Solo whenever as well as being able to sound record and what not. Also, Solo won the popular vote!

Long story short, my GPU died which had caused my SSD to blow itself up and corrupt my Windows 10 OS. I wasn't able to retrieve my Tempo files which I stupidly should've backed up to the cloud. At least some positives came out of it (getting the RTX 2070 Super, flex) and being able to restart a new project that is on a different Optare vehicle whilst including even more detail than the Tempo.

The Optare Excel shares similarities to the Tempo but in an older form. Excels aren't commonly seen now a days but were one of the 'super low floor' buses back in their day. I've not got a lot to post as I'm writing this at 1AM but I do have a nice picture of the front. I've also included the rest of the body in untextured / rendered format because Blender doesn't want to render more than the front due to some weird glitch so bare with me.

Let me know what you think and hopefully this bus doesn't go corrupt!

EDIT: I will add any of the latest decent screenshots to the spoiler

1605921038883.png

1605921053616.png

1606084957119.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

blahjason

Developer of the Optare Solo
Oct 23, 2016
Quick question:

I am most likely going to re-build the body from scratch as I've discovered some 'replication' issues. Would you like to see the original Excel (square lights) be built and what length (9.6 metre and above) or the Excel 2 (round lights) and what length (10 metre and above)?

Reactions: Mark S

Advertisement

May 2, 2016
Liking the work so far keep it up. Shame what happened to the Tempo.

For me I would like the square lights cos thats what we had in North East and length I think is 11.5m.

Side Note, I would buy 2nd ssd as D: Drive and install steam and all games and their just in case as future backup and use a small ssd of c: Drive

Reactions: Mark S

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Quick question:

I am most likely going to re-build the body from scratch as I've discovered some 'replication' issues. Would you like to see the original Excel (square lights) be built and what length (9.6 metre and above) or the Excel 2 (round lights) and what length (10 metre and above)?

Maybe you could think about creating both versions of the lights and utilising the setvar feature to switch between them, so users can pick which version they wish to use?

Advertisement

Jul 19, 2020
It's looking good, so please back this one up 'just in case' haha ;) Still three in daily use local to me with Safeguard in Guildford, and I remember them from childhood with Reading Buses, so I may even have to learn reskinning to recreate these for old times sake!

Reactions: blahjason

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
So, not been many updates for a few days now. However, I have finished re-doing the entire body (left the front as it was fine). The length I am currently doing, as you can see, is 9.6 metres (L960). There will be more variants, but I quite liked the short body and thought to do that first! It needs detailing for example with the panel work as that isn't completed yet, but here's what's done so far.

1606593190032.png

Williamg209

Wants Lancs Trident in Omsi
Dec 23, 2016
Blackpool
Pronouns
He/Him
Long story short, my GPU died which had caused my SSD to blow itself up and corrupt my Windows 10 OS. I wasn't able to retrieve my Tempo files which I stupidly should've backed up to the cloud. At least some positives came out of it (getting the RTX 2070 Super, flex) and being able to restart a new project that is on a different Optare vehicle whilst including even more detail than the Tempo.

The Optare Excel shares similarities to the Tempo but in an older form. Excels aren't commonly seen now a days but were one of the 'super low floor' buses back in their day. I've not got a lot to post as I'm writing this at 1AM but I do have a nice picture of the front. I've also included the rest of the body in untextured / rendered format because Blender doesn't want to render more than the front due to some weird glitch so bare with me.

Let me know what you think and hopefully this bus doesn't go corrupt!

EDIT: I will add any of the latest decent screenshots to the spoiler

if you can get the ssd or whatever and connect ti to another pc you can access the files off your windows 10 profile thru file explorer

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
What do you think to the updated front? I thought it was missing a little bit of magic ;)

pic snipped
As the owner of an Excel 2 I approve of having one in OMSI. Only thing I've noticed the Excel 2's didn't have the bumper dimples
63433cbf7568f87ff2b038fe6be46481.png

(I've got a few other reference photos if you need them ;) -feel free to inbox me if you do)

blahjason

Oct 23, 2016
if you can get the ssd or whatever and connect ti to another pc you can access the files off your windows 10 profile thru file explorer
Yeah unfortunately what happened was my graphics card refused to let me boot. I thought the SSD failed so erased it and re installed windows and turns out it wasn’t the SSD after all.

I suppose on the plus side of all this was I got a much improved GPU which works with Blender nicely.
Post automatically merged:

Just want to say that as much as I like Solos (due to them being everywhere around me). I’m determined to work on the Excel more primarily because I am still an amateur with Blender and need to do a bit of knowledge intake with scripts and what not. Also have wide access to resources for the Excel and it’s basically a box on wheels so it’s easy to get right ????

Will be posting some updates today, what things do you thinks missing from the exterior or needs changing?

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread