Buses Optare Excel (1 Viewer)

Long story short, my GPU died which had caused my SSD to blow itself up and corrupt my Windows 10 OS. I wasn't able to retrieve my Tempo files which I stupidly should've backed up to the cloud. At least some positives came out of it (getting the RTX 2070 Super, flex) and being able to restart a new project that is on a different Optare vehicle whilst including even more detail than the Tempo.

The Optare Excel shares similarities to the Tempo but in an older form. Excels aren't commonly seen now a days but were one of the 'super low floor' buses back in their day. I've not got a lot to post as I'm writing this at 1AM but I do have a nice picture of the front. I've also included the rest of the body in untextured / rendered format because Blender doesn't want to render more than the front due to some weird glitch so bare with me.

Let me know what you think and hopefully this bus doesn't go corrupt!

EDIT: I will add any of the latest decent screenshots to the spoiler

1605921038883.png

1605921053616.png

1606084957119.png

Last edited:

kaliwax

Good luck with this! Love the Excel! Had them in Blackpool, wonderful buses! Hopefully everything's backed up this time! :) I will be following this closely

blahjason

Quick question:

I am most likely going to re-build the body from scratch as I've discovered some 'replication' issues. Would you like to see the original Excel (square lights) be built and what length (9.6 metre and above) or the Excel 2 (round lights) and what length (10 metre and above)?

Reactions: Bobby567

Panasonic44

Liking the work so far keep it up. Shame what happened to the Tempo.

For me I would like the square lights cos thats what we had in North East and length I think is 11.5m.

Side Note, I would buy 2nd ssd as D: Drive and install steam and all games and their just in case as future backup and use a small ssd of c: Drive

Reactions: Bobby567

Advertisement

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Staff Team Leader
Premium Subscriber
Quick question:

I am most likely going to re-build the body from scratch as I've discovered some 'replication' issues. Would you like to see the original Excel (square lights) be built and what length (9.6 metre and above) or the Excel 2 (round lights) and what length (10 metre and above)?

Maybe you could think about creating both versions of the lights and utilising the setvar feature to switch between them, so users can pick which version they wish to use?

blahjason

Maybe you could think about creating both versions of the lights and utilising the setvar feature to switch between them, so users can pick which version they wish to use?
Will look into doing that. I'll have a go with the other front once I get everything else off my list done.

Damo

It's looking good, so please back this one up 'just in case' haha ;) Still three in daily use local to me with Safeguard in Guildford, and I remember them from childhood with Reading Buses, so I may even have to learn reskinning to recreate these for old times sake!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.

Users who are viewing this thread