Omsi Will Not Load ANY Maps (1 Viewer)

Oct 31, 2018
HELP!!! Having trawled through the forum I've been unable to find a problem exactly like mine (close, but not identical). So, if there's a knowledgeable and friendly guru who can help, please feel free to talk down to me on here, as long as you talk English and not computer-ish. ;)

Here's what's happening: -
Omsi2 loads up and I get the opening menu. I click on 'Load Map Without Buses' (habitually) then select a map. All my maps have been installed and running perfectly for months/years, and all have been checked as OK with the Map Tool. This is true for both DLC and 3rd-party maps. Omsi then begins to load the selected map, to the point where a box appears where you have to designate an entry point. I choose one, and click 'OK'. Immediately after doing this, I get an error message. It's in German, of course, but seems to be announcing a problem with an Omsi module address (whatever that means). And that's as far as I get. The program freezes there, and the only way out of it is to use Task Manager.
The same thing happens with every map I try, so Omsi is therefore unplayable now.

I've verified the game files on Steam. It came up with a lot of missing files, but after a re-start the problem hasn't been rectified. The logfile brings up several error messages to do with a map called, "AFG Prague citybus," but how would these prevent all the other maps from loading? I haven't tried a complete reinstall yet, because I'm hoping I can avoid that drastic operation.

Just before posting this, I gave it one last try. This time it successfully loaded the Gainsborough map and I thought it had cured itself. Doh! So, I spent a few minutes on that map, came out of it, then tried to load another - and the problem returned. I then tried to load Gainsborough again, and it threw up the error message and froze.

So, that's where I am with it. Any useful help and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• logfile.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
Solution
Thanks, Kyle. In the perverse way that Omsi works, I tried it again earlier (before I saw your reply) and it worked perfectly once more. Don't ask; I have no idea :rolleyes: That said, I've deleted those files you suggested as well. OmniNav was one of those 'amazing' bits of kit that worked when it felt like it a couple of times, then packed up entirely. The developers idea of technical support was pretty much, "re-install it. If it still doesn't work, it must be your computer."

So, Omsi is working again - for now. I'm about to do some house-keeping on it, deleting some vehicles and maps that I don't use any more. Chances are, that will break something and I'll be back on here seeking help before long. Happy days, eh? :)
A...
Oct 17, 2016
Hi Biffer,

I saw this in your logfile:
Code:
66 20:28:10 -  -     Warning:       Loading plugin plugins\OmniNavigationDll.dll: procedure "AccessVariable" not found!
67 20:28:10 -  -     Warning:       Loading plugin plugins\OmniNavigationDll.dll: procedure "AccessTrigger" not found!
68 20:28:10 -  -     Warning:       Loading plugin plugins\OmniNavigationDll.dll: procedure "AccessSystemVariable" not found!
I understand they are only warnings, but try removing the OmniNavigationDll files from your "plugins" folder and see if your game will load in OK?

Reactions: Biffer

Advertisement

Oct 31, 2018
Hi Biffer,

I saw this in your logfile:
Code:
66 20:28:10 -  -     Warning:       Loading plugin plugins\OmniNavigationDll.dll: procedure "AccessVariable" not found!
67 20:28:10 -  -     Warning:       Loading plugin plugins\OmniNavigationDll.dll: procedure "AccessTrigger" not found!
68 20:28:10 -  -     Warning:       Loading plugin plugins\OmniNavigationDll.dll: procedure "AccessSystemVariable" not found!
I understand they are only warnings, but try removing the OmniNavigationDll files from your "plugins" folder and see if your game will load in OK?

Thanks, Kyle. In the perverse way that Omsi works, I tried it again earlier (before I saw your reply) and it worked perfectly once more. Don't ask; I have no idea :rolleyes: That said, I've deleted those files you suggested as well. OmniNav was one of those 'amazing' bits of kit that worked when it felt like it a couple of times, then packed up entirely. The developers idea of technical support was pretty much, "re-install it. If it still doesn't work, it must be your computer."

So, Omsi is working again - for now. I'm about to do some house-keeping on it, deleting some vehicles and maps that I don't use any more. Chances are, that will break something and I'll be back on here seeking help before long. Happy days, eh? :)

Oct 17, 2016

A clear out never hurts anyone :) if you have any issues, feel free to message me here! :)

Reactions: Biffer
Solution
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread