OMSI 'not activated correctly' - an Aerosoft glitch? (1 Viewer)

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
I know it might seem out of place here as I'm assuming it's an Aerosoft error...
...but it won't fix itself!

The story goes I fancied using OMSI 1's editor on my new computer, so I went through the OMSI 1 installation, including installing Aerosoft and activating the product with the product key. It was fine until I clicked on the OMSI application to run it and a box appeared saying error '4'.
I pressed ok and another box came up, and I quote:

OMSI was not activated correctly! Please use Aerosoft Launcher for activation. If you have a question, please turn to Aerosoft support!

Then if I press ok or X it just closes and OMSI does not run.
According to Aerosoft, the product 'OMSI' is activated. And Aerosoft's 'support' seems pretty non-existent as I sent them an email and nothing happened.

Does anyone know a fix? ;)
(thanks in advance!)
contradiction.png

Solution
D
From my experience from even attempting to communicate with Aerosoft, you're unfortunately in for a long ride of back and forth emails, most of which won't actually progress the situation any further - Also, I've only ever spoken to one person at Aerosoft support - even though I've emailed them multiple times about different issues so they seem permanently understaffed, even at the best of times.

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
You'll probably need to de-activate it from your old system first. Right now, you're telling the servers you're running that license on two separate systems simultaneously. Personally I'd just wang your old hard drive in your new system and keep it as a backup drive. License should be on that.

Thanks. I would try that but the hard drive failed on my old laptop which is why I bought a new one.
Aerosoft says I can activate OMSI up to three times, and I used up the last one with this failed attempt.

I have since sent the email using the button in the picture to reset the activations, but have had no response.

(I'm not saying this to sound patronising I'm just trying to give as much information on the problem as I can!)

activation.png

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 2523

From my experience from even attempting to communicate with Aerosoft, you're unfortunately in for a long ride of back and forth emails, most of which won't actually progress the situation any further - Also, I've only ever spoken to one person at Aerosoft support - even though I've emailed them multiple times about different issues so they seem permanently understaffed, even at the best of times.

Solution
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread