OMSI bus news

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
A topic for discussion of new buses in OMSI.

The Optare Solo has just had an update which fixes most of the lighting issues, meaning it's now good to go as an AI bus! It also has a working ticket printer now.

However, there's still the question over whether the maker is entitled to the content he produces, so I won't link it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakitu

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Content Control
Jan 1, 1970
Not really keen on all these MM2 converts appearing, they're just not high quality enough models due to having to be low poly so MM2 could handle them, I would go as far to say some of them are eyesores. Not necessarily anyone's fault there, it's just the way it happens. For example the ALX300 was one of my favourite buses back in the day, but it does need a proper dash for OMSI instead of a static image with the sd202 wheel tacked on. I also don't think he has permission to convert them, considering a lot of the original buses were locked.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015

The most accurate sounding bus in OMSI is back again! As somebody who commuted on Euro 4 B7RLEs for a year, I can confirm that this is exactly what they sound like - a stunning piece of work!

Headphones recommended. Skip to 4:30 for drive.

Lakitu

Content Control
Jan 1, 1970
Saw that before, good to see it's back.

Puncake

You are the Apex Champions
Mar 15, 2016
Wow, them animations and stuff at the start are amazing. Someones gotta convert that to RHD

sunny2807

Feb 12, 2016
Reactions: whistlehead

Lakitu

Content Control
Jan 1, 1970
Those wheels look suspiciously like the ones from Winsome's Enviro. I could be mistaken of course. :ph34r:

sunny2807

Feb 12, 2016
Those wheels look suspiciously like the ones from Winsome's Enviro. I could be mistaken of course. :ph34r:
I noticed that too, but from what I understand they're building it from scratch, including engine sounds.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
I reckon the front wheel texture might be a Winsome one. That's not to say they won't find permission to use it, of course, it has been known.

It looks like a very nice model, and the dashboard is looking good, though I hope that the texturing will improve, especially on the interior which has that typical flat-texture syndrome.

A

Admin

Are these the guys that operated that pirate OMSI addon site ripping off people's mods? If I'm not mistaken it was definitely a similar name, it may not be these guys though.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Are these the guys that operated that pirate OMSI addon site ripping off people's mods? If I'm not mistaken it was definitely a similar name, it may not be these guys though.
I think that was OMSI buses UK (and games UK), not OMSI UK buses... Yeah, bit similar...

A

Admin

^ Yeah it was... I doubt if they were pirates they'd develop something like this though. They would be too busy trying to steal content :P

sunny2807

Feb 12, 2016
I reckon the front wheel texture might be a Winsome one. That's not to say they won't find permission to use it, of course, it has been known.

It looks like a very nice model, and the dashboard is looking good, though I hope that the texturing will improve, especially on the interior which has that typical flat-texture syndrome.
That's true the interior does look like it needs some improvement texture-wise.

UK version of the E200, thats great news!
Certainly is, especially the 2 door variant, as I don't think there are any dual door RHD single-decks yet.

Jokervation

Apr 9, 2016
I have been following the project of Marpe, its a great bus but this project has been going on for almost 4 years. 

Reactions: Admin

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
I personally don't mind paying for something of that quality. I have never heard an OMSI bus sound so spot-on.

Lakitu

Content Control
Jan 1, 1970
If it is payware, then I will buy it for sure, just because it sounds so good.