OMSI 2 Map Making Help & Advice

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

busfan2001

Oct 24, 2016
Hi All,
I've recently started to create my first map for OMSI 2, based on "the mickleover" service from trentbarton in Derby, UK.

Would you all be so kind and give a few Tips & Advice so I can make the map to the best quality that I can produce it to.

Kind Regards,
Busfan :)

theminecraftmodman

Feb 11, 2016
Hi All,
I've recently started to create my first map for OMSI 2, based on "the mickleover" service from trentbarton in Derby, UK.

Would you all be so kind and give a few Tips & Advice so I can make the map to the best quality that I can produce it to.

Kind Regards,
One thing I would do is map out all the roads first before going onto objects etc. That is mostly just a thing that I would find better but I'd imagine it would make it easier just incase something needs changing road wise.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
The best things you can do to learn are to find a map you like and take it to pieces in the editor, and to watch development streams by members of the community :) (though not the ones who think a good map is just a straight road with the same house over and over again)

To get you to grips with the editor as a whole, there's an english guide available here: http://www.omnibussimulator.de/download/SDK/Manual_SDK_1_EN.pdf Some things have changed slightly since it was written, such as holding CTRL to snap, but otherwise it's still all applicable.

Other than that, my personal tip is to keep looking back and forth between what you're making and what you want it to be. Model what's there and not what you think is there. Also, try squinting at the map you're building, then squinting at a picture of the same place IRL. Does the map look like the real thing?

Best of luck :)

wardle man

Apr 16, 2016
Hi All,

Kind Regards,
I almost live on the mickleover route. As ai buses can't reverse in OMSI I would suggest forming the map when the bus station was being built and the buses was finishing/starting in the Albert Street area but this is your decision overall.

snarledcomic1

Wannabe Map Creator
Apr 27, 2018
Question to revive this thread- Is there something a need to do to make a new tile? I have right clicked away from the current tile and i pressed 'Create new tile' and it didn't spawn one in. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks