OMSI 2 Map Crash (2 Viewers)

I have made an OMSI 2 map just to test skill. It is nothing much - 10 tiles, 1 road with detail, and some other roads with no buildings at all.

However, whenever I try to load into the game It loads the map (shows where the camera is pointing and everything) but then stops responding.

The map looks fine in the editor.

Attached is the log file - If anyone could figure out what the problem is it would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• logfile.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 40
Solution
[entrypoints] denotes the start of that section. The next number denotes the amount of entrypoints you have in your map. These two lines only appear once. After that, you have each entry point. I've included two here, so you can see how they're arranged. Note how the name is the last line of the entrypoint:

Totnes Temp

Totnes - DEPOT

So, leave in [entrypoint], change the number which follows to 0, then delete everything else in that section (again, the last line is the name of the entrypoint).

Edit: However, entrypoints do not normally generate a crash as you have described. Infact, I have never experienced it...

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
There is nothing abnormal in your logfile. If you load the map fine in the editor, it would mean that what's causing the problem is something that loads in the game but not in the editor.

Could you be more specific about the error, though? For example - do you see objects, the terrain, AI cars? By 'not responding', what do you mean? Does OMSI crash, or does it simply stop responding to commands?

To start, I'd suggest that two likely culprits are AI cars - either live, or parked, or your entrypoints. Make sure that what you've specified in your parklist and ailist is actually present in OMSI. With entrypoints, delete their entries from global.cfg. If the map loads fine after the latter suggestion, re open the editor, and move the entrypoint slightly and resave to make it appear in the list again.

Advertisement

There is nothing abnormal in your logfile. If you load the map fine in the editor, it would mean that what's causing the problem is something that loads in the game but not in the editor.

Could you be more specific about the error, though? For example - do you see objects, the terrain, AI cars? By 'not responding', what do you mean? Does OMSI crash, or does it simply stop responding to commands?

To start, I'd suggest that two likely culprits are AI cars - either live, or parked, or your entrypoints. Make sure that what you've specified in your parklist and ailist is actually present in OMSI. With entrypoints, delete their entries from global.cfg. If the map loads fine after the latter suggestion, re open the editor, and move the entrypoint slightly and resave to make it appear in the list again.

The way the camera spawns, you can only see the wall of a building and some terrain(camera is pressed against it). The object and terrain loaded fine.

By not responding, I mean OMSI.exe goes stops responding on windows. Testing out the entrypoint suggestion now.

What exactly do you mean by deleting them from global.cfg?

I have :

[entrypoints]

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
[entrypoints] denotes the start of that section. The next number denotes the amount of entrypoints you have in your map. These two lines only appear once. After that, you have each entry point. I've included two here, so you can see how they're arranged. Note how the name is the last line of the entrypoint:

Totnes Temp

Totnes - DEPOT

So, leave in [entrypoint], change the number which follows to 0, then delete everything else in that section (again, the last line is the name of the entrypoint).

Edit: However, entrypoints do not normally generate a crash as you have described. Infact, I have never experienced it so I'm not really sure what's going on there. Perhaps you're running low on memory?

Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread