OMSI 2 Editor: "Division durch Null" Error! (1 Viewer)

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hello everyone,

Just yesterday I started using the OMSI 2 Editor, and just a few minutes ago, I've tried placing my first road.
First, I've imported a road. I tried hitting N, nothing happened except for the "z:" number flickering between 0 and 1.34598 or something.
I then clicked on the terrain, and it either gives me the Division durch Null. error, or the
Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00828140 in Modul 'Omsi.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 000001F0. error, and it doesn't place anything.
When I tried placing a tree down with N, and then clicking, nothing happened, not even an error.
And no matter what I've selected, every time I hit N it makes that Windows 10 error sound.
I can't even save the map. The orange loading box, popped, it appeared to be saving, but then the Zuriffsverletzung bei Adresse 007A3A5A in Modul "Omsi.exe". Lesen von Adresse 000001AC. error came up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
For reference, the original error you got was a division by zero error - an impossible mathematical operation which most computer programs don't take well to.

It means somewhere in your map, something is zero that shouldn't be. If it was your own custom spline, that could be to do with a segment width or texture coordinate setting. If not try going into "do with whole map" and choose "find zero length splines"
I see... thanks a lot for the info! :)

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
For reference, the original error you got was a division by zero error - an impossible mathematical operation which most computer programs don't take well to.

It means somewhere in your map, something is zero that shouldn't be. If it was your own custom spline, that could be to do with a segment width or texture coordinate setting. If not try going into "do with whole map" and choose "find zero length splines"

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

I see... thanks a lot for the info! :)

Solution

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
its happening when i load the game not the editor tho before i did a re insall a month ago now i did edit part of the map by creating a road at the scrunthorpe depot. idk if that has anything to do with the error tho
If there is a 0-length spline on the map (maybe it was created accidentally), that could be why the map won't load anymore.
I'd recommend deleting the Scunthorpe map from your maps folder and re-downloading & reinstalling it fresh.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread