Answered OMSI 2 buy model online

Volvoguy64

Jun 16, 2019
Hello! I'm thinking of building a bus for OMSI and LOTUS. I am going to buy the model online, so what kind of model does OMSI supported (Poly? etc)

Hope you understand.
Thanks!

V3D

Developer of MAN Lion's City & ALX400 series
Jan 30, 2017
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Like it was said earlier, the bus you purchase is going to be way to high poly for OMSI to do anything with, which means you're going to have to spend way too much time reducing said polys and braking the bus up in to more manageable chunks to export into the game. OMSI's exporter is only 32bit and will convert upto 8mb... which is terrible. TBH you'd be better off learning Blender and then by the end of it you can make what you want. It's prob not what you want to hear but there are no shortcuts :(

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
Buying a model is only the start of it. You need to be able to script the bus, export all the objects, create the configs, paths, seats, lights, etc etc. Modelling a bus is only a small fraction of development.

Even still, most of the buses available online are way way too high poly for OMSI and hence performance would be really bad, I advise against it.

Reactions: smi11083827

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
@Volvoguy64
As FirstEnviro said, the model stage can be less time consuming than the actual scripting and fiddly bits, if you dont have the time, dont tackle modding in a game, thats the hard truth im afraid.

stc350

Pingu Penguin!
Sep 6, 2017
Well then lucky you but honestly I'd really listen to what the others have said. Online models will take twice the amount of time to make OMSI ready than making it from scratch and your bound to run into many issues through the process of it.

LazyGuy222

Roblox Name:CS7C3D
May 7, 2016
oh, btw wanna help me make a bus (you would get full credit)
You are completely failing to get the idea of everything I've said. No. Firstly I can't just build a bus as I have no skills or time, and I do not know how. Secondly I wouldn't want just credit, I'd want some money for it if it were me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigOmsiFan