OMSI 2 Buses of the west country

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

Bletchley21

Feb 20, 2017
Hello,

I can't find the old thread to deal with support for this map without error 404 appearing but as probably echoed by a few people, I am installing the map main file, but all the dependencies have been downloaded and I have installed them into their own folders such as British Scenery Pack in to SceneryObjects and all the other retrospectively but still after this and reinstalling the download about 6 times now the map is just not loading it is just loading the sky, what am I doing wrong? In an extreme bid to get this working I have also just extracted the files and dependencies just into the OMSI 2 folder but still no joy! any advice would be great

Otherwise...
someone who has downloaded it successfully what do you do with the file dependencies what locations do they go in and how do they get there? i.e Extraction? and what file paths are the dependencies going to?
Thank You

Last edited:

Puncake

Going Dark
Mar 15, 2016
have you run map tools? to double check you have downloaded everything. This will find any missing splines and scenery objects

Bletchley21

Feb 20, 2017
I have done yes, someone who has downloaded it successfully what do you do with the file dependencies what locations do they go in and how do they get there? i.e Extraction? and what file paths are the dependencies going to?

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
So far as I can tell the thread for 2.7 is just fine: Maps - Buses of the Westcountry (BotW) 1 v2.7.1

Any version earlier than this and you'll struggle to find support, though there's not honestly a huge amount of point to trying to run pre-2.7 versions as they're significantly buggier and more badly optimised.

Bletchley21

Feb 20, 2017
There is nothing wrong with either the dependency files or map I just don't know where to extract the dependency extra files to, so they will actually work and I have more then just blue sky :

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Forum Moderator
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Scenery objects go into the OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects folder and the splines go into the OMSI 2\Splines folder. It's pretty simple! The downloads should have those folders included, so all you have to do is merge them together. :)

Reactions: Bletchley21

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Forum Moderator
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Open the zip file and open the OMSI directory. Drag the scenery objects or splines folders from the zip file into the main OMSI directory so that the two folders merge together. If it doesn't have a scenery objects or a splines folder in the download, it should say what they are either in a read me or from the website linked in the read me for the map. If the read me says they are a scenery object, extract it into the scenery objects folder, and if it says it's a spline, extract it into the splines folder. It really isn't that difficult to understand....