[OMSI 2] BotW v3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Information On Naming
Because of changes to the project, as well as general confusion, I'm going to just simplify everything by giving version numbers instead of names/branding. Ergo:

• BotW v2.7.1 • This is the current public version, available to download right now.
  • BotW v2.8 • This is one of the WIP sections, it is a mild rehash of 2.7.1.
  • BotW Legacy EditionBotW v3.0 • This is the newest version of the map, also WIP.
  • BotW 2 • This was going to be the current BotW, expanded to merge with Cotterell. However, because Cotterell is 90% realistic, it doesn't fit sitting with a fictional map. Therefore, BotW as it is now will not be included. It will be a completely separate project. In short, completely forget the name 'BotW 2'. We will plan on its replacement at a later date.

Last edited:

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Don't forget extensive UKDT-standard quality testing :) We may not have caught everything on Cotterell but we certainly put paid to a hell of a lot of the bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I probably could - I'd like to retexture it so there's the proper signage along the top:

LXub1E7G1_26gQmWkdNnaWWXB_ISYywn.jpeg

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I probably could - I'd like to retexture it so there's the proper signage along the top:

That's easy enough - copy the sceneryobject to a new folder and add a [nocollision] tag. If you're repainting it then there's zero extra fuss involved, and that's a really good bug to fix.

Never did like how that bridge looked, a retexture would be a good thing for it.

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
This is the bus garage, where the polygons have been streamlined (no other optimization done yet, textures, etc):

wvV_BXqaubsz2fagVcic0WJd_agx-n0v.jpeg

Even the double yellow lines have been chopped up to save polys. There's a few more polys I think I can save, but I've already cut out thousands so far.

Reactions: whistlehead

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I got quite a bit of work done today. I refurbished the bus station and train station area. Firstly, I did the road infront of the train station, and the station itself:

u2Ck1XarM4ZDJ6oH6EpJIIVYnbqcDHOs.jpeg

I haven't done the background scenery, yet, mind.

Later on I cleared away the junction further on (that sort of roundabout thing, because of how many polygons it employed (17,636). Here is a before-and-after shot of this junction:

The new junction outside wireframe mode:

The road layout is the same, but I've changed it to be a signal controlled junction to make it feel more like a town centre.

Towards the end of the stream I improved the bus station, and put a car park in the space where houses used to be:

'

It's not finished, there's still a few bits to do to the car park and bus station, but I ran out of time. I'm hoping to get this area complete before I start streaming again tomorrow.

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
Really liking the new updates! I wasn't aware there was going to be a stream as YT never tells me anything but I love roadworks ;)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread